Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Every Other States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Every Other States In Nigeria (490 Views)

Fashola: Why Lagos-Badagry Expressway Is Yet To Be Fixed / Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups / Why Lagos Assembly, APC Want Ambode Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Every Other States In Nigeria by easzypeaszy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
1. POLITICAL POSTERS: You hardly see Ambode/ Parties/ Politicians posters everywhere, infact the only place i still have a picture of Ambode's poster is on the Campos wall in Lagos Island. Every space matters in Lagos, its either you see organization adverts, Lagos state projects and activity posters or displays. So every little space matters and one of the majoy means of generating revenue.
2. NOTHING IS FREE: Although this sounds like a negative point but to be frank with you, this is the part that got Lagos its value. Every Lagosian knows you cant get anything for free. You will pay for everything to as small as 50naira, if you dont have your complete #50 even if the conductor will forget about it or before anyone assist you..omo you go don get #500 insult first. That makes it difficult for anyone to be dependant or want to be dependant.
3. TRIBALISM: I cannot say there is no tribalism in Lagos but unlike other states in Nigeria Lagos has very low tollerance for tribalism, this gives Lagos a very high edge to succeed than any state in Nigeria. Using different organizations as a case study, you can hardly or may not find Yorubas occupying 40% of the organizational population becouse they are after result and not tiwan tiwa.
4. WELCOMING DEVELOPEMENT: Becouse nothing is free in Lagos, so anyone coming to Lagos must or should get him/her self ready to spend as Lagos gives room for anyone or business idea that will pay and increase the states revenue. The likes of Dangote are living proofs and you keep on wondering why he did not move his company to Kano.
5. PEOPLE'S BELIEVE ABOUT LAGOS: Like the saying, in Nollywood "the capital of Village is Lagos" where a boy suffering in the village take his heals to Lagos and after 1 year he comes back home with a Lexus jeep. Every Nigerian believe when they get to Lagos and did not make it then they cannot make it in life again. Lagos is like the bus stop of most Nigerians and the reason is becouse to get a job of 40,000 to 50,000 in Lagos is as easy as getting a 15,000 job in other states. This believe causes constant entrance of crown on daily basis in Lagos, therefore giving entreprenuer more opportunity more to sell.
6. UNION BANK: This is the only bank i know that encourages its customers to save. They call their customers to appreciate and encourage them to always save. They have helped my life with this saving habit and this is the bank i will never forget becouse of their words of encouragement and how they have made me to save more in the Union Korrect saving where i closed my eyes and was saving #5000 Monthly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: EFCC Confirms Arrests Of Ex-dss Boss, Ekpenyong / No going back on Saraki, he must resign, says APC chairman, Oshiomhole / For Calling Oshiomole "Gorilla", Africans Have No Moral Right To Fight Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.