Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career (459 Views)

Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? / Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career by renaissance(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
Let me ask you a question. What is your intention for going to school? I discovered that most people go to tertiary institutions just to be referred to as a graduate. Many people just go and study any course they are been given. It’s not supposed to be so. Have a plan and a direction in your life and it will help you a great deal. Plan your life and follow your plan. That’s all I can say. There are a lot of factors that can influence your choice of career . some of which are outlined below.

Your Passion

The greatest influencing factor of success is to pursue your passion. Your passion is a burning desire that cannot be quenched except it has been achieved. Everyone has a unique vacuum he/she is to fill. When this vacuum is discovered, it arouses the passion for fulfillment. With passion, you work hard to make sure that your destiny is fulfilled. I met a young man who according to him, gets so annoyed whenever he hears that someone died and in most cases as a result of an avoidable carelessness. This aroused that passion to save lives and as such, he decided to study medicine and surgery in order to save as few as he can and as many as he can. Passion for saving lives was the propeller.

There was also another lady who had a dream of becoming a mouth of the poor and oppressed. She wanted to defend the law and stand tall for justice and this led her to study law. Passion initiated and influenced her choice. All the most celebrated football stars today were stared up by their passion for soccer. Some of them started as early as before age 10. You might have seen some of them in your area carrying their soccer boot every evening and Saturday morning and you might think that they do not have any plan for their lives. You might think that they are only wasting their lives but it is not so. These young boys know what they are pursuing. Their passion is simply what they are pursuing.

Do you think that there is anything that when you are been given the opportunity to do, you will do better than the people who did it previously? That could be your passion. The passion to do things better is the basic backbone of innovation and technology. Never pursue a career because other want you to. You will be the one spending half of your life at the job, therefore pursue your passion. Oprah Winfrey said, “make it your intention to serve through your life with purpose, you will have a blessed life”.

Your Advisers

Your advisers could also influence your choice of preferred career of study. When we are surrounded with godly and reasonable advisers, we tend to move in the right direction. For example, I planned studying electrical or mechanical engineering in higher institution but my brother advised me on the importance and relevance of Information Management Technology, which I adhered to his advice and currently, I owe it no regret.
Mind you, you are the person to choose the course of field that interests you since it’s your life and not anyone else. But in choosing your career, you must also give heed to advice from elderly ones who have gone before you. Their responsibility is just to advise you, not to force or compel you into what was not initially your intension.

May I use this opportunity to correct the error some parents make. Some parents tend to decide what their child would study. They believe that since they are the ones to bear the financial responsibility, therefore, the child must study whatever they tell them to. That’s wrong! even God who is the master of us all never compels anyone to do anything but rather permits us to make our own choice. Advice the child only and let him make his own choice because he will be the one facing the rudiments of that profession and not you. Young ones, listen to advice and take counseling but weigh them accurately and appropriately and then go with the right advice. Probably, it might be the same with your passion.

To read more, visit:
https://www.worldforum.com.ng/2018/05/factors-that-can-influence-your-choice.html
Re: Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career by Siki355(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
on point
front page worthy
Re: Factors That Can Affect Your Choice Of Career by renaissance(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2019
Siki355:
on point

front page worthy

I hope the moderators will do that....

(1) (Reply)

. / Pls Advise With A Budget Of 2m And A Need For A Toyota Suv Or Lexus Suv? / List Of The Top 20 Highest Paying Jobs In The World | 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.