Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,194 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan (29193 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Enrolls His Son, Damisire As An Apprentice At A Mechanic Workshop / Kunle Afolayan Buys A Vintage Car (Photos) / Photos Of Mompha, His Wife & Son As WhatsApp Chats Over Hushpuppi Spark Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by erico2k2(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2018
aribisala0:
So what about upcoming oloshos? Where do they do vac job
go to YouTube and type lady mechanic, you will see how God is using that Benin woman to liberate Oloshos in Lasgidis.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by erico2k2(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2018
foliman:
You owe no one any explanation!

That's a hell of good move!

If I've not studied Architecture I would have learned Welding to be a Welder!

There's money in the mud, like cool money!

Do you know that an average Okada man makes 6-9k daily!
As much as they make such, you'll still see them living in abject poverty. That's the power of Education.

Learn a job and be educated as well.

See how you'd soar up like an eagle if you're determined!

Exactly, one of my sisters after 1st degree had to go back to her 1st love, being a Tailor, she makes more money in ABJ than anyone in her field of sturdy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Dollabiz: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Emmafe(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2018
Goals

Check my signature for Samsung phones
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by lexzyg: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2018
Yes you are very right. Education is key.
foliman:

As much as they make such, you'll still see them living in abject poverty. That's the power of Education.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by maasoap(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2018
“I also want him to learn how to interact with people outside the house and learn how to speak Yoruba so that when he is back in school, he will understand that life has different sides and not everybody is privileged to have what he has,” he added.

A Yoruba man acting in and producing Yoruba movies now taking his son to learn how to speak Yoruba outside the home. Okay o.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by seunlly(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2018
foliman:

You nail it Son

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:32am On Aug 04, 2018
I also want him to learn how to interact with people outside the house and learn how to speak Yoruba so that when he is back in school, he will understand that life has different sides and not everybody is privileged

And some useless people are ashamed to teach their children Yoruba, God bless you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2018
erico2k2:

Publicity stunt, I understand the hand work mentality, I feel same however at 8 he is to young to be in that environment, he should be at least 16 years old

Thank you. I thought the same thing but seeing people here hailing him really surprised me. Leaning IT like coding or programming, something like catch them young would have been better.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by ashala(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2018
foliman:

Golden words!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by IMASTEX: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2018
foliman:

You're right. Schooling makes one to be thinking & acting smart. Sadly, most Nigerians depend on the papers for success.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2018
maasoap:

Thank you. I thought the same thing but seeing people here hailing him really surprised me. Leaning IT like coding or programming, something like catch them young would have been better.
yes or blogging stuff his age group can relate too. Mechanic at 8 my foot. Well nah the atmosphere in 9ja cause am, people no longer thin straight. angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by godquality: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2018
marttol:
Is he the first person to enroll his child as a mechanic apprentice... Who cares?? undecided

How is this even a news?
apparently you do.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Dirkcoyt: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2018
They keep talking about proper distribution framework and they won't even support people with the right ideas that can revolutionize the industry. I tweet at Baba Tunde kelani about my distribution model with a touch of technology to aid physical copy distribution but didn't get a feedback. It's a billion dollar industry. i don't know why they chose to believe the internet distribution is key when data is still gold in Nigeria. How many percent of Nigerians can stream a 1hr+ movie at a stretch? with what data? Trust me Jason njoku of IrokoTv is not making t as big as people think. what you may see is fake it till they make it.

A netflix dream or hulu dream is still far from realization in Nigeria so the key to return over investment in the music and movie industry is stop seing the pirate as enemy then create a proper model that will benefit all party. pirate are in bizness cause the people cant afford to buy what they love to see. they can't afford cuz thy are relatively poor. Pirate saw this gap and filled it. now is time to fill the rest of the pod by unlocking a proper distribution puzzle with set of different combinations of model.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Dareal90s(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Original Omoluabi
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Suko110(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:
I also want him to learn how to interact with people outside the house and learn how to speak Yoruba so that when he is back in school, he will understand that life has different sides and not everybody is privileged

And some useless people are ashamed to teach their children Yoruba, God bless you bro.
maasoap:

A Yoruba man acting in and producing Yoruba movies now taking his son to learn how to speak Yoruba outside the home. Okay o.
"So that he would understand not everyone is privileged" these are the words that got me, and its part of what most rich parents fail to teach their lads thats why you see most of them making foolish statements everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by peacengine(m): 9:20am On Aug 04, 2018
GCsomething:
I have toed this line of yours since.

My children( no sister yet lol ) will create value for themselves; balance academics with skills and business. Learn to save and make investment.

Must there be 1?
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by peacengine(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2018
The guy is very wise, hardship gives sense. My kids will also experience some level of hard life to keep them focused

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2018
marttol:
Is he the first person to enroll his child as a mechanic apprentice... Who cares?? undecided

How is this even a news?

It’s a bs stunt and old news already.

He’s also advertised the boy pounding yam.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2018
Mechanic?! shocked chai! i d rather cut of my peniis and drink monkey Urine than be a mechanic grin

There you have it! you want reactions right?
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Timpsy: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2018
foliman:

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Aystarz: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2018
Anijay1212:
A father with foresight.
Your reward will be an all rounded son.

He is indeed one with foresight. This is seen in the name "Darimisire" - the name he gave his child.

"Darimisire" means Direct me to my blessings.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Moreoffaith(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

I swear down bro!!

Some are born to be slave

My daughter must be able to speak and write Yorubà, though she us just 3 month o.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by srclark: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2018
Gossipninja:
Actor and film producer, Kunle Afolayan shared with
Saturday Beats the major reasons why he enrolled his eight-year-old son as an apprentice in a mechanic workshop. The actor had shared a video of his son Darimisire spending his holiday in a mechanic workshop. The video got a lot of positive reactions from his fans on social media.

In a chat with Saturday Beats , the Figurine director revealed why he wants his son to learn a vocation in addition to his academic studies.
He said, “Children of this generation may think they are having fun because they didn’t experience what some of us experienced but they are caged. Most of their life is spent either in front of television or the computer game. My children are a bit different; they are not addicted to anything.

Even the most senior one who has a phone, most times I force him to pick the phone because he doesn’t stay on it.
“I also want him to learn how to interact with people outside the house and learn how to speak Yoruba so that when he is back in school, he will understand that life has different sides and not everybody is privileged to have what he has,” he added.

Afolayan who just launched a clothing line said that he never thought he would go into fashion industry.
“I never planned to have a clothing line; I like to be different, so I decided to use the Adire fabric to improve on the kembes I bought in India. After I designed and made some for myself, people liked it; that was why I decided to make a business out of it.”

The producer also shared how sad he feels about the challenges the Nigerian movie industry is currently facing.
“It’s sad that even after many years, we are still talking about the challenges in the movie industry. I saw an interview my father granted in 1980 titled: ‘The problems in the Nigerian Film Industry,’ so you can imagine if after almost forty years we are still discussing challenges.

“We don’t have a proper distribution framework that gives the proper return on investment in movies. We also lack adequate capacity building; I haven’t shot any film in two years because return is not guaranteed except if you get distribution outside Nigeria.”

Gist From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/why-i-enrolled-my-son-as-a-mechanic-apprentice-kunle-afolayan/

nice one not all this parents that want to kill their wards with book book book,we should encourage our kids into these vocational training and schools shool add it to their curriculum not all this useless debating club ,interact they should include tailoring,catering and such stuffs they can pick interest from there
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2018
Moreoffaith:

I swear down bro!!

Some are born to be slave

My daughter must be able to speak and write Yorubà, though she us just 3 month o.
God bless you for that, our language is very important to the children.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by foliman(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2018
seunlly:

You nail it Son

Thanks father!
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Moreoffaith(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2018
gypsey:
Mechanic?! shocked chai! i d rather cut of my penis and drink monkey Urine than be a mechanic grin

There you have it! you want reactions right?

See this one o, my uncle is a mechanic, he has 3property in lagos + lots of cars he imported for sale from US and Canada, you won't believe he is a mechanic until you visit him in his workshop..as i am writing his two sons are in his workshop.

Better go learn something today.
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Moreoffaith:

See this one o, my uncle is a mechanic, he has 3property in lagos + lots of cars he imported for sale from US and Canada, you won't believe he is a mechanic until you visit him in his workshop..as i am writing his two sons are in his workshop.

Better go learn something today.
Thank you! i was just been sacarstic, i wish i had learned mechanic or Engineering as they call it here in England, my friend works as a mechanic repairing Buses for London Transport, he just bought his 5th property in london. He drives a bentley.
One IGBO guy who owns a mechanic workshop in my Area, every time i visit his shop he Always busy, he charged £150 just for a 20 minutes job. he tells me if i don't like his price i should take my car to a company Engineer, they will book it in, tell me to come back in 5 days and charge me more. so yes you are right.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by amostheo(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2018
marttol:

How is this even a news?

We can call it news,but we just have no interest in it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by SoNature(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2018
Mr Afolayon has taken Nollywood to the next frontier with high hi-def flicks

I hate those slippers though grin
Re: Why I Enrolled My Son As A Mechanic Apprentice –kunle Afolayan by weezweezweez(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2018
Gossipninja:
Actor and film producer, Kunle Afolayan shared with
Saturday Beats the major reasons why he enrolled his eight-year-old son as an apprentice in a mechanic workshop. The actor had shared a video of his son Darimisire spending his holiday in a mechanic workshop. The video got a lot of positive reactions from his fans on social media.

In a chat with Saturday Beats , the Figurine director revealed why he wants his son to learn a vocation in addition to his academic studies.
He said, “Children of this generation may think they are having fun because they didn’t experience what some of us experienced but they are caged. Most of their life is spent either in front of television or the computer game. My children are a bit different; they are not addicted to anything.

Even the most senior one who has a phone, most times I force him to pick the phone because he doesn’t stay on it.

Afolayan who just launched a clothing line said that he never thought he would go into fashion industry.
“I never planned to have a clothing line; I like to be different, so I decided to use the Adire fabric to improve on the kembes I bought in India. After I designed and made some for myself, people liked it; that was why I decided to make a business out of it.”

The producer also shared how sad he feels about the challenges the Nigerian movie industry is currently facing.
“It’s sad that even after many years, we are still talking about the challenges in the movie industry. I saw an interview my father granted in 1980 titled: ‘The problems in the Nigerian Film Industry,’ so you can imagine if after almost forty years we are still discussing challenges.

“We don’t have a proper distribution framework that gives the proper return on investment in movies. We also lack adequate capacity building; I haven’t shot any film in two years because return is not guaranteed except if you get distribution outside Nigeria.”

Gist From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/why-i-enrolled-my-son-as-a-mechanic-apprentice-kunle-afolayan/

some people are just very stupid by the way they talk... they are castigating him that he's talking too much.... check well "in a chat with Saturday beatz", they must av asked him the question during the chat and he explained to them. so what's the big deal in that? the way people dey always claim say dem mature for this country ehn.... lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Childhood Picture Of Nadia Buari And Dad / Chidinma Posted This Lovely Pic This Morning. / Anita Joseph Vs Alex: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.