Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,041 members, 7,866,941 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future (839 Views)

TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by rhemore: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2010
The 3rd edition of NAIJA BY HEART usually organized by THE EAGLE GENERATION CHURCH CHURCH will be coming up this next Sunday, June 27, 2010 and DR (Mrs) JOE- OKEI- ODUMAKIN will be the guest speaker. I appreciate what this church is doing because it is about time that the Church in Nigeria becomes more socially and politically relevant.
What is your opinion about the Church's involvement in social and political issues.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2010
A little of God factor by over 50% of Nigerians belief is resposible for the cohesiveness of the country till now.
despite the various ethnic,religious,militancy crises etc the nation still remains an entity.
The programme would be nice to attend
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by rhemore: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2010
Toba it is wonderful to hear such an inspirational comment from, you know i believe the church will play a great role in bringing about the change we desire in this country, once again, thank you, you have a great mind.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
rhemore:

Toba it is wonderful to hear such an inspirational comment from, you know i believe the church will play a great role in bringing about the change we desire in this country, once again, thank you, you have a great mind.
Thk u for the compliments.
The truth must be told.Despite the flaws by some christians, christianity still has a major role to play in cleansing of the society to bring back morality. How do i mean? If the church decides to go back to basis&teach exactly about christs life in the short but interesting 33&1/2 years spent,then the society may be better of. My humble take on the churches role.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Jenwitemi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2010
Church involvement in social services, yes, but in politics, a definite no no. You people don't learn from history? Are we talking about the church of the modern times with all the nonsense that plagues it? Abeg, to keep religion as far away as possible from Nigerian politics is the wisest decision that Nigerians can ever make.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Jenwitemi(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2010
toba:

A little of God factor by over 50% of Nigerians belief is resposible for the cohesiveness of the country till now.
God factor, maybe, but definitely not the church/mosque factor. Left to these two religions, Nigerians would be slashing each other's throats on a very regular basis. That is not what we need at this time of the nations existence. We need elements that will bind us together and not the ones that will set us at each other's throats the way these two religious plagues(christianity and islam) have been doing and are currently still doing.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2010
A part of your post makes sense&another doesnt. U have no right to refer to any religion as plague. I ve told u not to generalize as any statement remains an opinion unless generally accepted by overwhelming majority.
The other part about violence, i agree&its due to ignorance on the part of the religious fanatics&extremist. I still believe just as expressed above,that if the church teaches just the life style of christ&the people being taught abides diligently, we may have a better society
Jenwitemi:

God factor, maybe, but definitely not the church/mosque factor. Left to these two religions, Nigerians would be slashing each other's throats on a very regular basis. That is not what we need at this time of the nations existence. We need elements that will bind us together and not the ones that will set us at each other's throats the way these two religious plagues(christianity and islam) have been doing and are currently still doing.

Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Jenwitemi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2010
toba:

A part of your post makes sense&another doesnt. U have no right to refer to any religion as plague. I ve told u not to generalize as any statement remains an opinion unless generally accepted by overwhelming majority.
I don't have the right? Why is that? Because i am not a christian? If i were a christian, then it would be fine, no? Stop being a hypo. I call these two religions plagues because that is exactly what they are. I don't like to mince words.

As for what constitutes an opinion, even if it is accepted by the overwhelming majority, it still remains an opinion.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2010
U need to wise up from being a hypocrite urself.U ve more on the attacking as ur posts of late suggests,getting agitated when issues of christianity comes in to play.leading u to personal insult. U called a religion a plague, do care to check the meaning of plague in its entirety?
Jenwitemi:

I don't have the right? Why is that? Because i am not a christian? If i were a christian, then it would be fine, no? Stop being a hypo. I call these two religions plagues because that is exactly what they are. I don't like to mince words.

As for what constitutes an opinion, even if it is accepted by the overwhelming majority, it still remains an opinion.
but this time it wouldnt remain ur own(jenwitemi's)personal opinion,but inclusive of those of others.Thats my point.
Re: Dr. Mrs Joe Odumakin Speaking On "nigeria @ 50, The Youth And The Future by Jenwitemi(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
toba:

U called a religion a plague, do care to check the meaning of plague in its entirety?
I knew what a plague meant before i used it, and it fits these two desert dogmas perfectly. I don't need to check it one more time. Religions that set humanity against itself through division of "US against THEM", to me, are plagues. We need to sanitize ourselves of them.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think She Would Apologize For Her Wrongdoings? / Free From Being Offended-walking In Love / Is The Bible God's Word? - Only Christians and Truth seekers need comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.