Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Bauchi Senate Bye-election: Buhari, Oshiomhole, 3 Govs Campaign For Gumau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Senate Bye-election: Buhari, Oshiomhole, 3 Govs Campaign For Gumau (345 Views)

3 Govs Placed Under Watch By Security Agencies Over Plot To Destabilise Nigeria / Buhari, Oshiomhole And Yahaya Bello Show The 4+4 Sign In Aso Rock (Photos) / Emmanuel Udom Receives Buhari, Oshiomhole In Uyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi Senate Bye-election: Buhari, Oshiomhole, 3 Govs Campaign For Gumau by olaskul(m): 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
By Wale Ajimajasan

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Bauchi led the grand campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress in a bid to ensure that the party’s candidate, Honourable Lawal Yahaya Gumau emerges winner at today’s senatorial bye- election.

Thousands of Bauchi residents and APC supporters who thronged the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium, venue of the rally wore uniforms, vests and caps symbolizing their support for the APC Senatorial candidate.

President Buhari, and Adams Oshiomhole

In spite of the rain, President Buhari who defied all odds to be in the state, was accompanied by Governor of the state, Mohammed Abubakar, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state, Governor Solomon Lalong of Pleateu state, APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, National Secretary of APC, Mai Mala Buni, APC Deputy National Chairman, Senator Lawal Shaibu, Zonal APC women leader, Amina Manga and other party chieftains.

Buhari appealed to Bauchi electorates to cast their votes for Gumau to secure their future and ensure the development of the state.

The president, while addressing a huge crowd of APC supporters, assured the people of the state of more dividends of democracy if they supported Lawal Gumau in the election, adding that he would not field a candidate who would cheat them.

“I came here today to seek your support in voting our senatorial candidate, Lawal Yahaya Gumau in the forthcoming election and I want to thank you for coming out in spite of the rain. I will not forget how you supported me in 2015 to collect back the mantle of leadership from the PDP.

“We are doing this work because we have the fear of God and love the people. My administration will ensure that we put a stop to corruption, so I want you to support him because Gumau will not bring shame to the party “ he said.

Earlier in his address, the All Progressives Congress National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole endorsed Lawal Gumua for the southern senatorial bye-election, saying that the party now enjoyed peace as the troublemakers and thieves had defected to other parties.

“We are in Bauchi to show support for our candidate who is a son to President Buhari. We are appealing to you to support Lawal Gumua in the coming election because of his track record of integrity.

“ We know that for 16 years, the PDP stole our money, but those who pretended to be part of us are now angry because we have blocked all avenues for them to loot, so they are defecting to other parties.

“Because corruption will always fight back, they are doing all they can to stop our president, but we will not let them. Wherever they run to, the long arm of the law will catch up with them” he added.

(1) (Reply)

Please Save A Life By Asking Pdp And Ipod Yoth..nt To On Their Tv Channels / Rochas Okorochas Aspires For Presidential Position / 2019: INEC Budget Stuck As Senate Won’t Reconvene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.