Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

How About If There Was A Remedy For Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How About If There Was A Remedy For Death? (691 Views)

Please This Is Serious And Urgent! If U Dnt Ave A Remedy Please Just Ignore / Please This Is Serious And Urgent! If U Dnt Ave A Remedy Please Just Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How About If There Was A Remedy For Death? by kelvinnile(m): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
What is it about this death of a thing? why is it unrevisible and inevitable? any time i think about death, all i do is smile, it remains a very big misery to all mortals.
   We have seen amazing and incredible inventions arising from the use of science and techonology, and yet no one has ever come up with a remedy for death.
    This leads to my question, what if there was a remedy for death? Imagine if it becomes  possible to to bring a dead man back to live with the use of a drugs/injection or what ever that is generally available for every one to buy  and use.
      Would this be a welcome development, if it ever became possible? wont it disadvantage outweigh it advantages?
  ha ha ha ha , funny, is'nt it?
Re: How About If There Was A Remedy For Death? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
Iam not sure that mankind will have much use for such an ability, as i take it that you are talking about immortality. There has been interesting nordic myths that there was a time when humans lived to be more than 2000 years on earth in that part of the world. The most interesting part of the myth was that, even though the world the lived in those times was very peaceful and Utopian, they got so bored with their lives that humans were allowed to take their own lives to escape their excruciating boredom.

What does one take out of that? Well, would you like to live, not even forever, but for a very long time in a world like this without getting tired of it all? Immortality or longevity does not necessarily have to be a desirable thing to have.

I, personally, do not want it. Death is only an exit door out of an experience and into another one.

(1) (Reply)

The Valley Of Dry Bones. Are U There? / Forsake Revenge & Judgment For God's Perfect Justice / Valentine Prayer 4 Ur Spouse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.