Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,315 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910620 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MummyJaygirls: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

MummyJay of Edmonton, Tuale Ma! wink kiss

Aunty G, how ya doing. how is Toronto abi where u dey for Ontario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Sthill5:
My people!!!
God decided to give me a hit back to back.

Officially started this EE journey in March 2018.

1st- LRWS- 7.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5 (BC)
2nd- LRWS- 7.5, 8.0, 6.5, 8.0(MOD)
3rd- LRWS- 8.5,7,6.5,8.5 MOD (remark came back unchanged)

September 29 was my 4th attempt (BC)
L-8.5
R-9.0
W-7
S-7.5
I've never written an exam this many times in my life

As soon as I saw it I told my husband "pack your bags, we are going to Canada" and i just cried

Please please if you are battling with IELTS. You CANNOT give up.
It may seem like an exaggeration but IELTS taught me a lot and I've made amazing friends on this platform. You know yourselves smiley

My WES and IELTS within 48 hours!!!

We now stand at 458!!!

Jehovah is not sleeping at all..he gives us what we need when we least expect.

Congratulations sis. This round of IELTS is undoubtedly @Sthill5's IELTS. grin grin

Yours is a story that resonates tenacity, doggedness and determination.

Starting with your ECA hustle to this beautiful IELTS smashing...

As this phase of the journey is ending in praises, may the next phase (golden mail) also end in praises IJN.

Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ytp(f): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
phemmy26:

Currently waiting for waec to respond to the verification. I had to go there personally on Wednesday and they were like verification mail received for October have not been printed yet for them to verify....i was like shocked cos i think they first print them out then do there own internal verification before responding....i tire for them
I was skeptical abt mine too but it was eventually done.It took 2 weeks.They are much more efficient than other institutions I presume.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kemzyebony:
Fam,

You know that my friend's ECA "one semester" story i said i would update NL.

Well i might have good news very very soon.

cc @mcstan18, pls check your mail.

Congratulations to all PPR recipient and speedy processing to all those waiting...

I'm interested in the one semester part with GCMS note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Please this is for us that are in verification stage in ATS evaluation with WES;

Can we come together and pay for DHL?

Congratulations to those that Passed IELTS and Congratulations to us that will be writing tomorrow.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2018
not yet received.

ojsamuel:
I pmed you bro. Kindly oblige. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Vanillawafers: 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2018
[quote author=veleta post=72023628]@Vanillawafers,Personally,I would answer 'yes' to that question and then explain in loe that I have sufficient point hence,not claiming points for sibling and also state that my siblings are not willing to give out their personal details ie PR card,utility bills,etc.

Thank you very much.
I think I'll do just that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Vanillawafers: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
joo2018:
There was a discussion awhile back.
Someone stated he chose 'No", but submitted a LOE that yes, he has a sibling but chose 'No' because he's not claiming points. If I remember right, he got PPR.
Someone else suggested choosing 'Yes', but submitting a LOE that you are not submitting documentation for the sibling as you are not claiming points.

Thank you very much for your response.God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Vanillawafers: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
Tojued:

(I was the yes proponent originally) However I conceded based on response from cic plus plenty experiences shared, that no is the answer. Then loe explaining that you have sibling but don't want to claim points.

@vanillawafers

Thank you @tojued.
I think I'll go with the 'yes' option with LOE to avoid stories that touch.

God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LadyBR: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
My reference letter from the bank.

I got my reference letter before investing in treasury bill.

MummyJaygirls:

SO WHAT DID U SUBMIT AS POF

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
Vanillawafers:

Thank you @tojued.
I think I'll go with the 'yes' option with LOE to avoid stories that touch.

God bless

whatever will make you sleep well at night sha.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jmnsimone(f): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
Thank you! Amen

veleta:

Congrats, you really smashed it. God's speed wishing you God's speed throughout this journey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by SESE10: 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
Send a mail to lautech and blast them stylishly copy the capable like the registrar Top lecturers they will reply. Have a colleague that sent them a mail to tell them of how inefficient they are after two weeks of applying for transcript. Appears the second day after the mail
ytp:
Pls indulge me, I want to rant. What is wrong with our institutions? If they must employ more hands then they should.I have being on verification stage for 3 weeks now and the only institution I don’t have a contact was the only one that has responded.... kudos to WAEC.Even with the increase number (recorded over 50,000)applicants in a month, they were still able to do their jobs without pulling a string.... All All Unilag knows is to extort and they would claim “University of first choice”..my foot! As for Lautech, I just dey observe, I would literally ask WES to remove the certificate.How can an institution that generates internal revenue from transcript ,admission and the likes claim their network was struck by thunder since last week yet they haven’t resolved the issue? And they complain the states government running them are sabotaging? What’s the difference btw 6 and half a dozen? Hmmmm, I don calm small.Na dem go tire las las.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Lol. Tojued! grin grin grin grin

What I do? Aproko is my hobby tatafo is my concern grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
Their own case is specially pathetic. My wife we paid for transcript before me in June and till this moment, they school hasn't sent it. Some sick fellow claims he can't get his system up and can't find an engineer to fix it for over 3 months. We are our own problem in this place we call a country
ytp:
Pls indulge me, I want to rant. What is wrong with our institutions? If they must employ more hands then they should.I have being on verification stage for 3 weeks now and the only institution I don’t have a contact was the only one that has responded.... kudos to WAEC.Even with the increase number (recorded over 50,000)applicants in a month, they were still able to do their jobs without pulling a string.... All All Unilag knows is to extort and they would claim “University of first choice”..my foot! As for Lautech, I just dey observe, I would literally ask WES to remove the certificate.How can an institution that generates internal revenue from transcript ,admission and the likes claim their network was struck by thunder since last week yet they haven’t resolved the issue? And they complain the states government running them are sabotaging? What’s the difference btw 6 and half a dozen? Hmmmm, I don calm small.Na dem go tire las las.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by xtosync: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
I understand that individual cases are different, but VO's are human after all. They can understand and see through a honest applicant.

I saw a reply by IRCC that work experience obtained while schooling cannot be used for CRS points.

Taking this simple answer in its entirety might misinform someone (my believe). This seems simple but a twist can be in it. Like someone here was asking if his work experience of 7 years as a lecturer won't count because he got his PhD last year. Well, my take and little understanding is you can claim CRS point for 7 years working experience without CRS point for PhD qualification OR CRS point for PhD qualification without the 7 (or 6 years) working experience. Not both (CRS point for 7 years work experience and PhD qualification since they both were co-occurring). I hope I am right
There are cases were someone might be working and schooling (schooling is relative as they are full time/part time/ODL/Research based etc).
I don't think it is wrong to be a worker and trying to obtain additional qualifications. Claiming point for work experience while still schooling is a little bit tricky.
I just hope we get this straight so that people trying to increase their CRS point will be well guided in their quest to get two or more degree or Masters degree for ECA, while putting into cognizance timeline for their working experience.
[s]Just thinking out aloud [/s]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
freshdad:
Their own case is specially pathetic. My wife we paid for transcript before me in June and till this moment, they school hasn't sent it. Some sick fellow claims he can't get his system up and can't find an engineer to fix it for over 3 months. We are our own problem in this place we call a country

We might have to open a new thread or WhatsApp group on this lautech matter. My own case has been since August...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Akinwole007: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Thanks.
Lansky:
Hi...I'll just upload everything tonight and post a link HERE to either Dropbox or some other file sharing site. About 3-3.5GB. I'll also attach a cover note that contains the online courses.
It's more efficient than responding individually.
smiley

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by suzzyallen: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
TEECANN:

Congrats @suzzyallen.

Your matter is not hard at all.

Reach out to the Local VO stamping you and copy CIC HO (preferably email...do a detailed email explaining your circumstance(just say that the family has a firm travel plan for so so date with tickets already bought..add the tickets as evidence in attachment). Do a follow call up in if you can to CIC and local stamping VO) and seek for stamping request be moved to Sydney, Australia.

Do the request email early now...as in now! Don't delay.

I'm almost 97% sure, the family will get stamped in Sydney VO.

In the alternative, if your Australian arrival time is still within the 15 days window, then do an express courier of the passports to your stamping VO. (It won't take courier more than 4 days max to get from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world)- Not sure about this though..ask around whether you can boycott VSF global Lagos by sending your passport to Accra VO directly from abroad.

Fret not, we have seen similar scenarios here...PPR came, husband schooling in Australia and wife somewhere else. They got CIC exemption to get stamped separately in the nearest VOs to them. No big deal.

Congratulations once again on your double blessings. Go and flourish wherever you eventually choose to settle. That which you choose shall be your Goshen.

It will all end in praise IJN!

Thanx for the suggestion. Pls kindly furnish me with CIC HO email address and local VOC email so i can send the request to them asap. I tried to send an email using the email Addy that was used to send the PPR but it kept saying error message can't be sent. Tanx a lot for the well wishes. Appreciate.

Tanx for the suggestion . pls kindly furnish me with CIC HO's email address and local VOC email so I can send the request to them asao. I tried to send an email using the email address that was used to send the PPR but it kept saying error message can't be sent. Tanx a lot for the well wishes. Appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
xtosync:

I saw a reply by IRCC that work experience obtained while schooling cannot be used for CRS points.

Please, kindly post the screenshot. As far as I know, this is only applicable for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and not for Federal Skilled Workers' program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Please, kindly post the screenshot. As far as I know, this is only applicable for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and not for Federal Skilled Workers' program.

So I guess a teaching job done as between ND and HND can qualify as one year experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
Tojued:

So I guess a teaching job done as between ND and HND can qualify as one year experience?

Of course. I think @QSola claimed points for hers. Can't do much research now. Even Dupyshoo's sister claimed points for the work experience she gained while studying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Of course. I think @QSola claimed points for hers. Can't do much research now. Even Dupyshoo's sister claimed points for the work experience she gained while studying.

We discussed about the issue in Part 4 or so. Maybe @Joo2018 can help with the links.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Vanillawafers: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
Tojued:

whatever will make you sleep well at night sha.

That's the most important thing.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by xtosync: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

I saw it HERE...

I hope this their current tweet is incorrect then. sad

The question was something like: Can one get CRS points for work experience obtained while schooling at a post graduate (MPhil/PhD) level?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Thank you. I'll take it from here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by POTUSUK: 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
Can Someone in the house answer this question biko oo

POTUSUK:
Please wanted to ask. Getting a Naija PCC from a third party site like e.g gateway.ng whats the downside to that?

I read online that getting a Naija PCC from a third party site like e.g gateway.ng has to be certified.
1. is this true?
2. If true, why?. How is the PCC obtained living in Nigeria different from that you obtain if its sent to you overseas?

3. Or is it the case that every PCC gotten is certified?

I await your responses. Gracias fam!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
POTUSUK:
Can Someone in the house answer this question biko oo

Do a travel section search for officer Moshood or inspector Moshood. That thing you're looking for in sokoto is inside your shokoto.

It's mostly shokoto information we have here, most of us no gree go sokoto I guess that's why no answer to your question yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.