Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones (3613 Views)

Madagascar's President, Rajoelina, Survives Assassination Attempt / 2 Ex-US Soldiers Attempt To Assasinate Maduro, Venezuelan President / Venezuelan Military Truck Ran Into Citizens Protesting Against President Maduro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Explorers(m): 4:59am On Aug 05, 2018
Seven national guards have been injured in Venezuela after an apparent assassination attempt on President Nicolas Maduro on Saturday using an explosive-laden drone as he addressed the nation on live TV.

Footage broadcast by state television shows Maduro abruptly cutting short his speech before looking to the sky.

Thousands of soldiers who were assembled in massed ranks then scatter as people scream amid the sounds of explosions.

His wife, Cilia Flores, was standing next to him at the time, and can be seen ducking away as officials erect a shield wall around the president.

Images showed a bloodied soldier being carried away and smoking holes in nearby buildings.

Maduro accused neighboring Colombia and unidentified 'financiers' in the United States of being responsible for the attack, while some of his officials blamed Venezuela's opposition.

Footage broadcast by state television shows Nicholas Maduro abruptly cutting short his speech as explosives-rigged drones detonated in front of him.

Venezuelan authorities are calling the incident an attempted assassination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5ubllpFWY
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6027507/Venezuelan-President-Nicolas-Maduro-survives-alleged-drone-assassination-attempt.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Explorers(m): 5:00am On Aug 05, 2018
Security personnel shield Maduro after the explosions, which came when he was addressing a celebration to mark the National Guard's 81st anniversary.

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Explorers(m): 5:01am On Aug 05, 2018
A photograph later showed an injured military official clutching his bloody head as he was carried away by colleagues.

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Explorers(m): 5:03am On Aug 05, 2018
Before and after the explosion.

Cameras captured the moment military officers standing at attention in neat lines broke rank and began running.

The attack happened during an event celebrating the National Guard's 81st anniversary.

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by webincomeplus(m): 5:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Explorers(m): 5:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Venezuela's government routinely accuses opposition activists of plotting to attack and overthrow Maduro, a deeply unpopular leader who was recently elected to a new term in office in a vote decried by dozens of nations.

Attorney General Tarek William Saab said the attempted assassination targeted not only Maduro, but rather the military's entire high command on stage with the president.

Maduro blamed attack on Colombia, US financiers, and domestic opposition.

Pictured, smoke rises above the Caracas skyline after multiple drones reportedly detonated.

Security forces and members of the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service check a building after the drone detonated its load.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by dPriv: 5:26am On Aug 05, 2018
Who invented drone?

That edifice can be used for several good and bad things.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Baawaa(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2018
If this happen here,it will be a different story
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Mutemenot(m): 5:32am On Aug 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Flexherbal(m): 5:35am On Aug 05, 2018
So it has gotten to this!
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 05, 2018
It's no surprise. I expected it sooner than this. With their currency rate at 1 $=120,000 bolivar dollar, it was just a matter of seconds for people to start seeing him as a target to vent their frustration. I pray our country's economy don't go that way.

4 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by judey1992(m): 6:24am On Aug 05, 2018
if wishes were horses, chai Nigerian fortunes will immediately turn around.

of course it will be successful....

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by kabayomi(m): 7:07am On Aug 05, 2018
Baba you dey para o cheesy
judey1992:
if wishes were horses, chai Nigerian fortunes will immediately turn around.

of course it will be successful....

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by hungryboy(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2018
macbede:
It's no surprise. I expected it sooner than this. With their currency rate at 1 $=120,000 bolivar dollar, it was just a matter of seconds for people to start seeing him as a target to vent their frustration. I pray our country's economy don't go that way.
Can Nigeria's economy survive sanctions by the United States for a year without our currency becoming almost worthless?

Do you think it's easy to survive as a country , when you can't trade with the US, American companies can't invest in your country, Even European and Asian companies that has business in the USA can't invest in your country?.
This is what Venezuela is going through because their Government doesn't want to be a puppet of the United States.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by EmmaLege: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Rich4god(m): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
hungryboy:
Can Nigeria's economy survive sanctions by the United States for a year without our currency becoming almost worthless?

Do you think it's easy to survive as a country , when you can't trade with the US, American companies can't invest in your country, Even European and Asian companies that has business in the USA can't invest in your country?.
This is what Venezuela is going through because their Government doesn't want to be a puppet of the United States.
Thats the international politics some people dont understand. The US wants to control everyone. Same thing they did to Mugabe.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2018
hungryboy:

And I strongly believe this attack was orchestrated by the CIA. Now that the Amerikan drones in Afrika are being armed in the guise of fighting terror, we can only hope for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by ikennamadu1(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2018
them no wan assassinate am.... them just warn am... that shit naa warning.... him no wan comot fo seat

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by mytime24(f): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Evil men @wrk
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by columbus007(m): 11:54am On Aug 05, 2018
this is front page worthy.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by kitaatita: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
hungryboy:

Venezuela owns majority stake in Citgo Refining in the USA. Citgo's three refineries have combined capacity to refine 749, 000 barrels a day with an output of more than 64 million liters. Venezuela's welfare economics under Hugo Chavez helped speed up the plunge. It is largely mismanagement. Unfortunately, largely unproductive Nigerian population still prefer the unsustainable bazaar of the past administrations
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Jeferious: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
mytime24:
Evil men @wrk
You are the only lady who commented here. This tells a lot about your folks.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Jeferious: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
ikennamadu1:
them no wan assassinate am.... them just warn am... that shit naa warning.... him no wan comot fo seat
I agree with you. I don't think he suffered any direct hit from the attacks.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by ikennamadu1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Jeferious:
I agree with you. I don't think he suffered any direct hit from the attacks.

yeah..... he should see it as warning... very soon u will hear RIP maduro
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by gift01: 12:23am On Aug 06, 2018
We need such drones in Sambisa and Zamfara
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by persius555(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
macbede:

Actually, 200,000 venezuelar Bolivar now exchanges for a dollar

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jeferious:
You are the only lady who commented here. This tells a lot about your folks.
That's an extremely unfair and sexist statement to make.
I will have you know that quite a number of ladies on NL are extremely smart and well-informed when it comes to topics ranging from international affairs, local politics, architecture etc.
That such a topic which I stumbled on just now was not placed on NL front page, and therefore not capable of reaching a wider audience does not mean we are all dumb.

Additionally, majority of the guys on NL comment to "important" topics with stupid one liners or make idiotic comments and jokes. Are you counting such comments too simply because they were made by males.
let's learn to embrace all.
Intelligence was not given to only one gender please

8 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Jeferious: 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

That's an extremely unfair and sexist statement to make.
I will have you know that quite a number of ladies on NL are extremely smart and well-informed when it comes to topics ranging from international affairs, local politics, architecture etc.
That such a topic which I stumbled on just now was not placed on NL front page, and therefore not capable of reaching a wider audience does not mean we are all dumb.

Additionally, majority of the guys on NL comment to "important" topics with stupid one liners or make idiotic comments and jokes. Are you counting such comments too simply because they were made by males.
let's learn to embrace all.
Intelligence was not given to only one gender please
Okay. I believe you. At least that's fair enough. Now I'm waiting for your folks to walk your talk
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
I replayed the vid over and over again.
His secret service men are quite reactive o. You go fear loyalty!
That tall one with an umbrella damned the consequences and was deeply surveying the area without fear.
The President is hugely unpopular both to the citizens, major opposition party and neigbouring countries.
He single-handedly destroyed the Venezuelan economy.
Somewhere Mugabe will be saying "shebi I told u I could never have been the worst president that ever liveth"

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by Obudupikin: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
I replayed the vid over and over again.
His secret service men are quite reactive o. You go fear loyalty!
That tall one with an umbrella damned the consequences and was deeply surveying the area without fear.
The President is hugely unpopular both to the citizens, major opposition party and neigbouring countries.
He single-handedly destroyed the Venezuelan economy.
Somewhere Mugabe will be saying "shebi I told u I could never have been the worst president that ever liveth"

Actually, their reaction was very slow. It took them about 4 seconds after the blast to shield the President. That's enough time to do damage.
Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by IntrovertedGuru(m): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
hungryboy:

Where can I purchase their currency please? I know that very soon it will be higher than the naira if their sanction is lifted. I wan use like 20000 NGN take purchase this money keep in case of neccesity

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt Using Drones by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:49am On Aug 20, 2018
dPriv:
Who invented drone?

That edifice can be used for several good and bad things.
who invented knife, fire or car

Can be used for good and bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was 9/11 Really Just An Act Of Terrorism Or An Inside Job By The US Govt.? / Fashion At King Charles III Coronation: What The Guests Wore / Interesting Article, Destroying Myth Most Blacks Are On Welfare.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.