Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades (16233 Views)

Veteran Musician, Chris Mba Is Dead (Photo) / Veteran Musician, Chris Ajilo Is Dead (Photos) / Munir Neji Nwoko: Regina Daniels' Child Naming Ceremony Holds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2018
Oruka was a hit song back then. That should be the most played song in Nigeria. You'd hear that song almost everyday wherever u went. Tolotolo and mr fantastic too. So i don't know what he's talking about
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Kaydeexotic(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2018
tollytexy:

Na sunny ade younger brother driving Nissan sunny

El savage grin grin

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2018
lizolex5:
who is sunny neji
u r too young to know

2 Likes

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2018
lilfreezy:

Iberibe n'enye onye ara Morale undecided
don't know what this means but sounds like big sense for kids
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:26am On Aug 05, 2018
Abascoh:
Sunny your time don pass
Only God can day this bro

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:32am On Aug 05, 2018
Sing another one
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by ayayamedia(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2018
Samage TV VJ/Presenter Audition

Do you have a good English accent?
Do you have a screen credibility
Do you have what it takes to make a celebrity loose it on screen
Are you good looking

This is your opportunity!!!

Date: 6th August 2018
Time: 9am
Venue: 5 Mba Street, Off Tafawa Balewa Crescent, Surulere.

Audition is FREE

For enquires call: 08160000385, 08160000386.

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Glowurevents: 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
��
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Emmafe(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Chai! Oruka can’t 4gt o

Check my signature for Samsung phones
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by chiedozie198100: 8:38am On Aug 05, 2018
wellmax:
Sunny Neji, go and reinvent yourself

chai, so bros.
but is like ur brain dey on replay.
abi ur didn't read where he said just that?
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2018
teefeh25:
This man just stopped reigning laidat...and his songs are berra than most rubbish they now shove down our throats all in the name of music

its called time.. he had his own time now its passed..

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by XaviDayo(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2018
teefeh25:
This man just stopped reigning laidat...and his songs are berra than most rubbish they now shove down our throats all in the name of music

La Pix ...La Fine

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by princegeo(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Reincarnation process...

Oga your time dn pass
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by princegeo(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2018
Reincarnation process...

Oga your time dn pass grin
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by toprealman: 9:55am On Aug 05, 2018
time and season
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by LZAA: 10:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Lautechgossip:
Sunny Neji who has been off the music scene for a while and in a recent interview has said that though his songs were successful, they didn’t get the accolades they deserved

“Some of my greatest songs did not get the kind of reaction I expected. Oruka and Mr Fantastic can be considered to be some of my most successful songs. Some of my deep materials have not received so much accolade; maybe because they didn’t get the kind of promotion the other ones got”

The gifted singer however acknowledged the need for him to be more active on social media to make his songs more prominent.

“I am not really an extrovert, God created us to be different to create a balance, I am not active on social media, but I know I need to work on it because that is where everything is happening now.”

Sunny Neji, also explained his reason for being off the music scene for a while.

“I am trying to reinvent a direction, I am thinking deeper now before I write songs. I am trying to redefine a more inspirational path before I write my songs. If you want to connect with people at that level, it has to do with more thinking.”

http://kikiotolu.com/veteran-musician-sunny-neji-says-his-hit-songs-didnt-get-enough-accolades/

Just the same way ppl dont dance butterfly or alanta anymore
Its called time
As per accolade,are u referring to cash cuz those songs esp oruka got mad love
D industry wasnt the same wen u dropped those songs

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by HypocriticalMod: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2018
Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Romantic, Mr. Melody... grin
Na so, na so, na so tolotolo dey do... grin
Whyne ya bottom, whyne it round and round... grin
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Maket: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2018
What makes Oruka not to attain its destination was the released of AFRICAN QUEEN by 2face And IGWE by Midnight crew

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Cashious(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
if you don't know him then this post and it's content is not ur mate in fact this website is not ur mate, you don't belong here...... go and meet ur mates at the maternity ward.
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by amazon14: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
teefeh25:

As in eee!!!
Davido comes to mind
That guy can sing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by enemmo(f): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
True...This man sang one of the best albums ever in Nigeria.

Unchained with songs like tolotolo, oruka, face me, ntishokarume,idemhobno, jaga Jaga, happy birthday etc

Every song on that album was a hit back to back. Still on my playlist.
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by Okoroawusa: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
lilfreezy:

Iberibe n'enye onye ara Morale undecided
nna gi muru gi
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by yeyeboy23(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
lizolex5:
who is sunny neji
Our Ex-President
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by IME1: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
Baba i still dey play your songs oh
Even the ones you use your language sing wey i no understand cheesy
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by IME1: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
enemmo:
True...This man sang one of the best albums ever in Nigeria.

Unchained with songs like tolotolo, oruka, face me, ntishokarume,idemhobno, jaga Jaga, happy birthday etc

Every song on that album was a hit back to back. Still on my playlist.

We dey together
I dey rep all these songs
Especially idemhobno, I beg wetin the song mean, and na which language
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by IME1: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Cashious:
if you don't know him then this post and it's content is not ur mate
in fact this website is not ur mate, you don't belong here......
go and meet ur mates at the maternity ward.

grin grin grin
As in eh my brother
NL (2006) senior some people for here sef undecided
These songs are ever green
A former classmate used Tolotolo as her walk in song for her
wedding reception way back 2005 shocked
Nigeria should be moving forward in terms of everything not backwards
See nowadays songs, musicians, movies, fashion, likes, politicians kpa kpa
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by enemmo(f): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
IME1:

We dey together
I dey rep all these songs
Especially idemhobno, I beg wetin the song mean, and na which language

Lol..I don't know the meaning, but I know he's from cross rivers state, so I guess its one of their dialects.
Re: Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades by armadeo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
lizolex5:
who is sunny neji

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rachel The PIPER Foundation reaches Out To 200 Homes In Abuja IDP Camp. / Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha Loses Mum / "Ok I Am Not Doing DNA Again, Let Bukky Come Out With My Baby"- Bigvai Oreoluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.