Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts (10922 Views)

Tinubu’s Govt To Spend ₦‎341 Billion On Judgment Debts / Fayemi: I Was Offered 80M Dollar Bribe Over Suspicious N159B Judgment Debts / Imo Discovers Fresh N20bn Judgment Debts Incurred By Okorocha’s Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by BlackPeni5: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Good for Nigeria
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Dollabiz: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oh
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by ivandragon: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
nnachukz:

The former administration entered into a plea bargain that was in millions of dollars (but far more lesser than what we are meant to pay now) towards the end of that tenure but the present administration in its normal behavior refused to honor the bargain rather decided to pursue the case conclusively which they lost and brought this huge debt on us. Do your research and apportion blames appropriately.

why do some of you love to rush to make comments without reading properly?

go back & read the last sentence of my initial comment. doesn't that already cover what you are alluding to?

besides, all governments involved in the debts, regardless of the time or part played, are guilty of allowing the situation develop into the problem it is today.
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Gliding(m): 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
To make the arguments easy

"The fines emanated from the contractual actions of three previous administrations – the Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan’s."

This is a quote from the article
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Bolustical: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
aribisala0:
I am not half as intelligent as your father. He is the one that should have made the suggestion

Does that mean you and your dad are both daft?

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Racoon(m): 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]
If they tag you the lazy youth you are now, you'd be foaming in the mouth like someone with chronic epilepsy.
These fines were all slammed on Nigeria under the watch of PDP and the tenure of your drunk hero - GEJ.
Add what Buhari government have borrowed despite the so called phantom anti-corruption war & the recovery of looted & relooted funds to get my catch. undecided
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by aribisala0(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:

Does that mean my epileptic mother will jump in front of a truck when she has her next seizure>
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by DWJOBScom(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
nnachukz:

The former administration entered into a plea bargain that was in millions of dollars (but far more lesser than what we are meant to pay now) towards the end of that tenure but the present administration in its normal behavior refused to honor the bargain rather decided to pursue the case conclusively which they lost and brought this huge debt on us. Do your research and apportion blames appropriately.

To the eager typing hands of zombies
I bet you didn’t see this that your present horror PMB has failed this nation
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by teemy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Still goes to show we are yet to learn anything from our mistakes and take the lessons learnt seriously. I mean, how can someone just allow a signed deal with a company fall through and most likely walks free while the whole nation bears the brunt?

I am most surprised that the human rights abuse is getting very little out of the pie considering the noise i hear online about SARS and the rest of atrocities cited by news sources. Human rights abuse fines are usually high. Seems our lawyers don't know where business lies.

With time, I know we will learn.
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Racoon(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
fucksterisback:
Did you read the article at all? angry Or you were high on oshogbo weed when you were reading it? angry
Positivepoint:

The fines emanated from the contractual actions of three previous administrations – the Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan’s.
pls dont always jump to conclusion without even reading the article
Imagine the borrowings of the Buhari government added to this debts and know how much debt Nigeria must be owing by now.Simple comprehension problem. angry
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Bolustical: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=aribisala0 post=70011413][/quote]
grin cheesy grin
So you are including momma too? Haba, that's so childish grin grin
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by freeze001(f): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:

Wow, you're so intelligent!

Why didn't you suggest all these to the Attorney General of the Federation before the judgment was delivered?

So the AG is too dumb to know his job? Then what is he doing in that office? Continue honouring incompetence o!

2 Likes

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by ajbf: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:

I'm so sure some people (because of likes and shares) will intentionally ignore this part and go ahead to blame PMB.

For 16 solid years, PDP could not at least, provide stable power supply, all they did, like typical task masters, was to add to the burdens of Nigerians.

The worst of PMB is far better than the best of PDP.
The judgment was given after the country failed to show up in court to defend the matter.The second award of about $21.24 million (N6.5 billion) was in favour of ENRON Nigeria Power Holding(ENPH) Limited, which signed an agreement with the Lagos State Government for the construction of power projects in the state.The Federal Government guaranteed the agreement and has now been held liable, after Lagos was accused of breaching it.

1 Like

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Zenithpeak(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]

If they tag you the lazy youth you are now, you'd be foaming in the mouth like someone with chronic epilepsy.

These fines were all slammed on Nigeria under the watch of PDP and the tenure of your drunk hero - GEJ.

You are a poor student of comprehension.

Why are you trying to mislead others because of your own pay per post job?

Read the whole news again with keen interest on the dates of judgements before you polute everywhere with your APC lying mentality.

1 Like

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Positivepoint(m): 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Racoon:

Imagine the borrowings of the Buhari government added to this debts and know how much debt Nigeria must be owing by now.Simple comprehension problem. angry

since we are using imagination. ok imagine the previous govt fulfilled dir contractual agreements we will be saving 2.7 trillion by now this is enough to build lagos kano railway lagos mambila hydro e.t.c.
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]

I hope you also saw the part where Lagos Apc government took the loan and awarded contract and the pdp federal government is the one to pay it because they stood surety for the loan and contract which Lagos Apc government breached?

1 Like

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by bendike: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
When you have an otondo as president who thinks he is fighting "Kwaroption" but in his ignorance actually making matters worse.
Economists have blamed him for the deep recession in the country for failing to act fast in appointment of ministers and taking other decisions countries like russia took to battle issues arising from falling crude oil prices 3 years ago.

PRIMUIM TIMES
Nigeria: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into $8.9 Billion Mess While Spiting Jonathan
https://allafrica.com/stories/201806090085.html
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Racoon:
You can imagine the financial indebtedness of Nigeria @ present given that APC have borrowed triple the amount PDP did in 16years within 3years thereby adding to the financial woes of the country. undecided undecided undecided

If you are uninformed, it is better to keep your ignorance to yourself than coming online to expose yourself. Firstly, most of the debts are judicial debts incurred by Yaradua / Jonathan era when corruption was the language of governance. Most of these debts are based on frauds & deals. I remembered when Aodoakaa was the minister of justice (Yaradua era), a friend of mine a lawyer & classmate to the AGF was discussing with his learned colleague about government representation.

Under GEJ / Biafra government, ECOWAS court with IBO manipulation obtained damages against Nigeria and you expect Nigeria to pay, what happened to Ogoni / Akwa - Ibom pollution by oil? The June 12 massacre in South West is also another case & the Ore town massacre during the civil war. Every tribe has a case against Nigeria. If Biafra had taken Nigeria to ECOWAS Court under Obj, Nigeria would have put up strong defence, but in Anyim Pius Anyim controlled government, that was a deal.

There are various deals in Judiciary which makes the office of AGF very juicy.

Coming back to APC taking more loans than all the 16 years of PDP, I believe I will be wasting my time with you. Remove Obasanjo years, because it was not possible for madam Okonjo - Iweala to collude with her kinsmen. 2007 to mid 2014 gave Nigeria the highest revenue in Africa from time immemorial till date. Obasanjo left over $50 billion in reserve, AFC & other places. They were busy celebrating Nigeria as the best economy in Africa, making unnecessary noise everywhere instead of planning. IBO ! . During the period of celebrating Nigeria as best economy in Africa, they were still borrowing heavily. They spent / looted everything saving no kobo. They depleted reserve Obj left by over 50% and borrowed to pay salary before handing over on 29th May, 2015 leaving Nigeria with nothing save remnant of the depleted reserve Obj left. Madam World Bank, that is a good economic theorem.

Almost $100 billion is estimated to have gone. If this is converted to debt, can you compare it to amount a government that met oil below $40 / barel with reserve at around $25 billion has taken as loan with the present reserve?
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by zaltman(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
vanbonattel:
Sack Kemi Adeosun now

Is your brain this empty?
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by uvalued(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
why #healthyPresident2019 is what we DEMAND!!! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by OfficialAPCNig: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolustical:

I'm so sure some people (because of likes and shares) will intentionally ignore this part and go ahead to blame PMB.

For 16 solid years, PDP could not at least, provide stable power supply, all they did, like typical task masters, was to add to the burdens of Nigerians.

Tell that to the families of those massacred in Zaria, Southern Kaduna and MB.

Thank you.
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
aribisala0:
Please not everything is politics.

The court case came up and was decided under Buhari
Why did the government not put up an appearance or defence in court or challenge the jurisdiction of the US court. Why not seek settlement out of court?
Has ignoring the problem mde it go away?

Don't panic, Nigerian government won't pay shít

We go dey alright cheesy
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by stepone(m): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2018
Funny...

Contract was awarded on Nigerian soil, but judgement given in the United state.

Hmmm.
Re: FG Groans Under N2.7 Trn, Other Judgment Debts by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Bolustical:

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Insists On Oct 7 Deadline For Primaries / Nwosu: Stop Tarnishing The Noble Image Of Gov Uzodinma - Imo APC Tells Okorocha / An Interview With Boko Haram's Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.