Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

“yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say (1224 Views)

Men And Nyash / Tiwa Savage To Seyi Shay: 'Your Nyash Is The Dirtiest In This Industry' (Video) / Wandecoal Is Overhyped, Fire Boy Is Far Better Than Him, Nigerian Man Say. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by 11Ebiscoo: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Sequel to the recent post by Olumide Glowville as regards to Yoruba Jollof rice being better than the Igbo’s, a man identified as Kanife Kanamuo has replied with a counter statement.

According to him, yoruba jollof rice is strictly for the strong mind, tummy and nyash.

Read full post below:

The kinds of Yoruba jollof rice are:

RICE ALATA (Pepper Rice)

This one is the alpha and omega of Yoruba jollof. The beginning and the end. The grandfather of every other kind because pepper is the grandad of every other ingredients inside Yoruba rice. A Yoruba woman will pack all the pepper in Mile 12 market inside one pot of rice. Shombo, ata gbigbe, ata rodo, tatashe, Cameroon pepper, yellow pepper, you name it and you’ll find it inside rice alata. Perceiving the rice alata alone can give you piles talk less of actually chopping it. Please don’t try this at home.

RICE ELEPO: (palm oil rice)

Yoruba people are not called ndi ofe mmanu for nothing. They are the kings of the palm oil. Jaja of Opobo got into trouble with the colonial masters for not selling palm oil to them. What they forgot to tell you was ‘why’ he couldn’t sell palm oil to them. The Yoruba people were buying more and more palm oil and demand was quickly outweighing supply. The Yoruba people and their insatiable thirst for palm oil got Jaja arrested and sent to exile. Yoruba cookery got Jaja of Opobo killed. This in a nutshell tells you the importance of palm oil in Yoruba cuisine especially jollof.

RICE ONI COLOUR (Colour rice)

You’d think all that redness of palm oil is all Yoruba people need to at least give their jollof that redness that makes it jollof but you’re fantastically mistaken. The importance of redness of jollof can’t be overemphasized for the Yoruba because, let’s face it, that’s the only thing that can actually give their jollof it’s jollofness. It’s their jollof credibility. No red is too red. So they garnish their jollof with an extra dash of redness from colour. Quite frankly, I don’t know where they get that colour from.

RICE ONI SUGAR(Sugar rice)

The natural sweetness of food is never enough for the Yoruba. So they enhance food sweetness with the most common and most affordable sweetener known to man. Sugar. Inside yam, sugar. Plantain, sugar. Potato, sugar. Sweet potato, sugar. Beans, sugar. Soup, sugar. Make eba, sugar. Make amala, sugar. Fry egg, sugar. So why won’t they add a bag of sugar inside a pot of rice? I mean, jollof rice dat is not sweet, is da wan jollof?

RICE ONI AJINOMOTO

You’d think after all the above the rice will finally be ready but you’re missing something. Ajinomoto. That’s the seasoning of the Yoruba people. Ajinomoto that people use as bleach to wash cloth, you’d find it inside Yoruba rice. Yet they will be asking themselves why after all the palm oil they splashed inside their rice and the redness of colour to go with it, why is the rice still as white as harmattan? Answer is very simple: Ajinomoto don bleach all the redness troway.

Yoruba jollof rice is ready. Strictly for the strong of mind, tummy and nyash.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/yoruba-jollof-rice-is-strictly-for.html

Kindly Visit: [url]mcebisco.com.ng[/url]

1 Share

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2018
Strong mind to keep eating the concoction after the first spoon.

Strong Tummy to withstand the effect of the peppery concoction.

Strong Nyash to poo the peppery nonsense without crying.

3 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by dacanv(m): 10:29am On Aug 05, 2018
This yoruba and pepper story is getting old. People ain't buying the joke anymore. And honestly those people make the best beef and chicken tomatoes stew. And their party jollof is not that bad. I dont know who been cooking all those ones wey una dey chop dey complain

3 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Kewtt: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2018
Eat lalas247 cooked jollof rice and come and thank me later
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2018
dacanv:
This yoruba and pepper story is getting old. People ain't buying the joke anymore. And honestly those people make the best beef and chicken tomatoes stew. And their party jollof is not that bad. I dont know who been cooking all those ones wey una dey chop dey complain

If more than one person and from different tribes "chop" and complain of the same thing, then it is true.

5 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by michlins(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2018
This write up reeks of tribalism and don't deserve my time in reading it. Some people who can't boil yam will come here to masturbate
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 10:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Kewtt:
Hmmm...

So we have uncooked jollof rice
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2018
michlins:
This write up reeks of tribalism and don't deserve my time in reading it. Some people who can't boil yam will come here to masturbate

But you read it anyways.
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by dacanv(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2018
Bluezy13:

If more than one person and from different tribes chop and complain of the same thing, then it is true.
that's the dumbest thing I've heard today already. Like you go around tasting foods from different tribes and culture and listening to food talks. The truth is, I grew up hearing things like " ndi ofe mmanu", it's like a way of insulting someone.. like another way of saying that someone is Yoruba.. a form of ironic expression which some morons took literally. Most people who talk those shits never even seen or tasted a food wey yoruba person cook. They are just saying it because and I quote "more than one person and from different tribes chop and complain of the Same thing".

2 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2018
dacanv:
that's the dumbest thing I've heard today already. Like you go around tasting foods from different tribes and culture and listening to food talks

Be logical in your approach and stop ranting like a deranged jackal.

The evidence is not from me alone, I didn't even mention myself as a partaker.
I repeat, if more than one person from different tribes attest to the peppery savour of their meals, then it is true, statistically.

3 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Chubhie: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2018
In all my waka waka, I've tasted the various versions of jollof rice. From Cameroon, igbo,Yoruba, Togo and Ghana. It baffles me when people make this camparism without understanding that the final taste of jollof rice depends on the experience and how advanced the mind of the one doing the cooking is.

Cameronian jollof has a special place in my heart. Nobody does it better as my Godmother.

1 Like

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by dacanv(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2018
Bluezy13:

Be logical in your approach and stop ranting like a deranged jackal.

The evidence is not from me alone, I didn't even mention myself as a partaker.
I repeat, if more than one person from different tribes attest to the peppery savour of their meals, then it is true, statistically.

for the fact you feel the need to defend yourself and and the dumb thing you said means you are one of those rumor mungers. Which evidence? You heard that something is this, you believe it. Think for yourself, don't be cheap

1 Like

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Nightmareo07: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2018
dacanv:

I'm sorry bit when many people complain of one particular thing then there should be a fact in that.
The fact is yorubas Like too much pepper and oil., even most of them agree to that fact.
Oga stop dragging it its not that deep!!

2 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Bluezy13(m): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2018
dacanv:
for the fact you feel the need to defend yourself and and the dumb thing you said means you are one of those rumor mungers. Which evidence? You heard that something is this, you believe it. Think for yourself, don't be cheap

For the fact that you've refused to apply reasoning, irrespective of how simplified I made my approach, I doubt your creator gave you the faculty responsible for reasoning.

Have a nice day!!

2 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by dacanv(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Nightmareo07:

I'm sorry bit when many people complain of one particular thing then there should be a fact in that.
The fact is yorubas Like too much pepper and oil., even most of them agree to that fact.
Oga stop dragging it its not that deep!!
does it not occur to you that many people might be wrong? When you say yoruba, you are talking about hundreds of people, different people with different ways. It's not like they gather every month to talk about how they will be cooking their foods and how much pepper it needs. Place your judgement based on your own actual experience not because Okeke said so. And any yoruba person that brags about how spicy and oily his food is, is just simply crazy.

1 Like

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Nightmareo07: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2018
dacanv:
does it not occur to you that many people might be wrong? When you say yoruba, you are talking about hundreds of people, different people with different ways. It's not like they gather every month to talk about how they will be cooking their foods and how much pepper it needs. Place your judgement based on your own actual experience not because Okeke said so. And any yoruba person that brags about how spicy and oily his food is, is just simply crazy.

Seriously i dont know why u are killing ur self over this.
There is what is called "sampling" or "prototype"
U dont have to taste or hear it from the total populattion of yorubas before u confirm it..

Buy YORUBA stew, or rice or yam porridge from 10 different canteens ,
8 out of 10, will be too oily or peppery.
If this is not proof enuff for u.
Then I can't help u, undecided
Bye

2 Likes

Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by mojibbz(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Yall fu.cktards!!! If its too oily or peppery for you, ain't no one forced it on you.. The people that enjoy it are not complaining and that is why it's been existing longer than your generation.. Why don't yall kindly shove your heads out of your rectums and shut the f.vc.k up

Irrelevant attention seeking mofos
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Lalas247(f): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kewtt:
grin
Re: “yoruba Jollof Rice Is Strictly For The Strong Mind, Tummy And Nyash” – Man, Say by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kewtt:
Stop licking yansh is not good for you

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Flaunts Her Curves In More Bikini Photos / Duncan Mighty Bought A New Car For His Mother / Adorable Photo Of Wizkid Carrying His Son, Zion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.