Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Want A Ring Episode 8 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want A Ring Episode 8 (405 Views)

Until I Met You - Episode 8 / Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 8 / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 8) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Ring Episode 8 by Teaveapoet(f): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
I turned,
Guess who? The meningitis doctor!
‘My teacher! Why are you sited here?
‘Bored! I replied.
‘In just two days ?
‘Yeah.
‘Can I take you out in the evening? He asked
I looked at him. I needed this outing but this was too sudden. I thought.
‘How long have you been here, I mean in this town?
‘Six months counting. He replied.
‘Whao! Great,! Can you speak Hausa?
‘No. but I understand little. Is that a yes! He replied
‘I don’t know. I replied
‘Ok, I will call you by 8pm.
‘How? I asked more surprised.
‘See you later! He left.
I was alone again, from where I sat I could see tall buildings, a large mountains on the other side which stretches above the surroundings in a limited area, the mountain although is steeper than a hill. From the top one could feel and breathe the whole of the town.
I got up and went back inside the hall. The Hausa facilitator had left, another man was analyzing the geographical landscape of Jigawa state. I was very much interested, so I sat and paid keen interest.
‘Jigawa is a state in the central northern Nigeria. Its capital is Dutse, he continued.
‘The new world is the slogan; it was established 27 August, 1991. Its area ranked population as ‘at census was 4,361,002. With 27LGA. Its people populace could be described as homogenous. ‘It is mostly populated by Hausa, Fulani’s and Kanuri which are the three dominant tribes. Islam is the most predominant religion of the people with over ninety nine percent (99%) of the population is practicing Muslims. Christian also has its followers. Most parts in the state lies within the Sudan savannah with the elements of Guinea savannah in the southern part.
I listened very well and could understand why they had no much exposure, the place is peaceful and it’s more of deserted area.
‘Jigawa state is known for Arts and crafts, some of which is weaving (raffia and cloth), pottery, smiting, tanning and leather works.
‘Others are curving (calabar and wood), traditional textile and architecture.
With the use of the large screen projector, we could see how their arts works were being created.
Their usual foods are Tuwo with Kuka soup other very popular ethnic dishes are; Masa/sinasir served with ram heads soup (romon kan rago) dan wake
There was laughter in the hall, especially from those outside the north. The food was displayed on the screen projector. It looked like rounded pancake.
I couldn’t help but to laugh, I sure will have a bite.
‘Tuwo Shinkafa is a delicious dish served with a popular Hausa groundnut soup.. The delicacy is made from Rice and the soup which consist of white hibiscus (white zobo) and groundnut.
‘Morinya consumption has proven to be quite beneficial with Hauasa miyan Zogale.
I brought out my notepad and jot them down; very soon I was going to explore the new world.
Next is suya, he said.
‘Yes oooo. I could hear people chattering.
‘And kilichi shouted a man at the back.
‘It can be either chicken suya, cow meat (nama) or bushmeat suya
‘Fulani has earlier mentioned, also have their kinds of foods’ Fura da Nono, Wara(cheese) is from fulani milk.
‘Is there any question? The man was asking.
I could say people enjoyed his lecture; the hall was filled up with participant about 1150 from various states. This was indeed a great opportunity to explore other people’s culture.
‘Sir, a woman stood up.
Ladies were not many in the crowd, with our profession, only fewer ladies were interested. There are more of young men than women. We weren’t up to 70 in the hall.
‘I discovered that, the people do not understand English language. How do we communicate with them when we start practicals? She said.
I could feel she was a documentary photographer.
‘Yes, we have some literates who can speak and some do not understand. The only way is to learn the basis of the language to be able to interact. Otherwise, tour with an interpreter.
‘The workshop seminar for teaching Hausa will come up tomorrow. Thanks for your time.
He dropped the mic, and left the podium, He was applauded by the audience. I was glad, it wasn’t really a bad lecture.
I checked my watch, it was past 4pm. I could see some waitress bring in lunch. I collected mine and could see everyone getting out of the hall.
There were many people, married men and single ladies, married women and play men, sugar daddies who were interested in the benefits.
‘Hi! Am Kinsley, am a cinematographer.
‘Hi, I’m Victoria, wildlife photographer.
‘Nice to meet you, we both shook hands.
‘I’m from Ibadan,
I glanced at him, through the corner of my eyes. He is tall, dark, has a nice structure, handsome, with features and characteristics any woman would want in a man, his approach nice. I could tell He isn’t married; he wore no ring on his fourth finger, he looks like practically a gentleman. I became lonely of a sudden. I wished this guy could make me happy.
‘em from Lagos. I replied.
‘Hope I get to see you tomorrow?
Of course, I replied blushing
Ok, bye then, see, you later! I smiled and walked away.
I collected my key from the reception, and unlocked the door. Mr. Clinton had called. I was told the driver had come and left. I hungrily ate my food and showered. The thought of Kinsley and the doctor filled my brain.
I was becoming lonely, things I had never thought about. I needed marriage, I needed love and more too a man. In fact I want a Ring, at all cause.
Next episode

(1) (Reply)

Re-lived / My Woman, My Everything - Episode 11 / Hopeful Teenagers: Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.