Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? (751 Views)

Raising A Goat Is More Beneficial Than Training A Girlfriend In School. Na Mumu / Meet Benefit Boys: Who Are They And What Is Really Beneficial? / I Need Help With English Questions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
English or indigenous

Pls drop your thoughts let learn.

Lalasticlala mynd44 finestboi
Re: Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? by Tolexander: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ibile (indigenous) better pass at home o.

I've paid for him to be thought English in school.

2 Likes

Re: Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? by delugajackson: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
English is just for formality. But it is necessary because it is acceptable at a wider range and has more appreciable audience.

It's a shame that our indigenous languages are being relegated to the background. Parents put more effort in making their children speak more of "Queen's English" than their mother tongue. You will hear a Nigerian mother telling her child to stop speaking "that nonsense." Making our very own mother-tongue look like a taboo. The child now grows up to become ignorant of his/her origin and culture.

It's one thing to raise a child in a particular standard, but there comes a time when most of the things we took for granted will come back to haunt them. It may be in social gatherings, job search, political aspiration, et al. The list is endless.

3 Likes

Re: Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bro, is English your language? Bob, English na your lingua?

1 Like

Re: Is Raising Children With English More Beneficial? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
Just as I have said elsewhere, start talking with your kids in your language. They would eventually learn English language at school.

Most parents are guilty of doing otherwise and end up raising kids that can make a coherent sentence in their mother tongue.

As an example, I know someone whose kids are born and live in USA, yet, ALL speak Igbo language fluently.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State University Don Emerges World Mathematics 2018 Champion / OAU & UNILAG Students Win DSN Bluechip Inter-campus Machine Learning Competition / The Vice President Of Nigeria Diminished My Passion For Art At ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.