Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / . (1676 Views)

Shina Peters Performs At Omotola's 40th Birthday: Omosexy, Dele Momodu Dance / PHOTOS: Fred Amata Sworn-in As DGN President / PHOTOS: Fred Amata Sworn In As DGN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by dopemike: 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: . by LuciferChristi: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Rubbish!

So Nigerians should settle for rubbish because we want to promote inferior minds like yourself.

Just like we were forced by Kennis Music in the early 2000s to support indigenious music. Started out well with the likes of 2Baba & Ruggedman phasing out idiots like Eedris Abdulkareem & Azadus then it slowly regressed with the likes of Terry G making money from talking gibberish.

Now its even worse. Artistes change a few lines & repeat verses over slightly modified beats in an entire album & the dumbed down audience still pays them for mediocrity. To the extent that a leading figure like Wizkid - who should actually set the pace - released a track of complete incoherent words that cannot be written down on paper & he was hailed as "creative".

Nigeria's entertainment industry is a joke.

Our movies target mundane aspects of society like runz girls / oloshos, money rituals & juju while Hollywood uses its movies to advertise upcoming technologies & trends, analyse current issues and revise history.

If Nigerian producers / directors cannot up their game, then they should remain hungry. They shouldn't complain of the technological gap or unavailable finance. They have the money to acquire whatever equipments, training & location they need for a world class movie, they just want to maximise profit by using inferior techniques & being intellectually lazy.

We refuse to allow you force drivel down our throats!

Rant Over!!! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Jokerman(m): 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
so I should stop watching Hollywood movies and stick to clowns like Moyo lawal, Anita Joseph, Omo busty and co??

1 Like

Re: . by mekaw(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
since I have upgraded my viewing I think U should upgrade ur movie to my taste so I can watch it, remember the secrets of business is satisfying ur customers.

Re: . by Bluezy13(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
Either they upgrade their industry
OR

Omotola should join Hollywood.

We can't let go Hollywood.
Re: . by IGBOmarryme: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Rubbish!

So Nigerians should settle for rubbish because we want to promote inferior minds like yourself.

Just like we were forced by Kennis Music in the early 2000s to support indigenious music. Started out well with the likes of 2Baba & Ruggedman phasing out idiots like Eedris Abdulkareem & Azadus then it slowly regressed with the likes of Terry G making money from talking gibberish.

Now its even worse. Artistes change a few lines & repeat verses over slightly modified beats in an entire album & the dumbed down audience still pays them for mediocrity. To the extent that a leading figure like Wizkid - who should actually set the pace - released a track of complete incoherent words that cannot be written down on paper & he was hailed as "creative".

Our movies target mundane aspects of society like runz girls / oloshos, money rituals & juju while Hollywood uses its movies to advertise upcoming technologies & trends, analyse current issues and revise history.

If Nigerian producers / directors cannot up their game, then they should remain hungry. They shouldn't complain of the technological gap or unavailable finance. They have the money to acquire whatever equipments, training & location they need for a world class movie, they just want to maximise profit by using inferior techniques & being intellectually lazy.

Rant Over!!! angry
I beg your pardon, who is he leading? setting the pace for who? you dont know your elders anymore i swear.
Re: . by IGBOmarryme: 12:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Jokerman:
so I should stop watching Hollywood movies and stick to clowns like Moyo lawal, Anita Joseph, Omo busty and co??
Go with Uche jumbo, Tchidi chikere, Rita Dominic, Ernest Obi mindset. They are better
Re: . by czarina(f): 1:19am On Aug 06, 2018
Better don't stress yourselves about paying her. I prefer watching Mickey Mouse series from the 30s than watch that IQ reducing mash your lot call movies. No offense, if everyone was like me, believe it, nollywood would have packed up a long time ago with the rubbish they churn out in a week.

1 Like

Re: . by phemmyfour: 4:49am On Aug 06, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Rubbish!

Rant Over!!! angry
Keke did not force anything on you. You must be an ingrate. He was a pace setter that provided platform for Naija hip hop. In those days, radio stations and party DJs played 75% foreign musics but today they can go 100% naija without being force. In fact, few foreign songs goes all the way in Nigeria today.

The likes of terry G and co that are below par is a matter of your choice. Not every player that graduated from Ronaldo's academy will be as good as Ronaldo
Re: . by phemmyfour: 4:53am On Aug 06, 2018
Do we really pay to watch foreign movies in Nigeria? Fix the economy and other sectors will bloom
Re: . by NaijaCelebNews: 6:02am On Aug 06, 2018
Omatola is bae

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Davido New Encrusted Diamond Necklace 'Baddest 7' (photo) / Kizz Daniel Show-off His New Haircut / Juliet Ibrahim Looking So Enticing In Blue Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.