Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City (22632 Views)

Suarez "Refuses To Apologize" For Handball As Uruguay Face Ghana / Ahmad Musa: We Made Costly Mistakes Against Sierra Leone, We Sincerely Apologize / Barcelona Apologize For Mocking Real Betis In A Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by puretayo(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2018
Lazy brat, why bring his mum into this? See ur mate Wey yhu suppose tackle here yhu Dey call hin mother. Guy grow up.[quqote author=BUSHHUNTER post=70028598]

Your mom is more terriblegrin[/quote]
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2018
i pray to God they lose the right to show the epl too. that will be the begining of thier downfall. imagine no fa cup or carabao cup, only epl? then its not worth subscribing. viewing center all the way.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by FitandMuscular: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2018
undecided
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by enonche85(m): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2018
profnigga:
apology not accepted.... make dem no show epl again sef... startime all d way..

Will startimes be showing all the matches?.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by qanda: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2018
davit:
Time to port to startimes. At least they will show FA and carrabao. Also there are other leagues like ligue 1, serie A, bundelisga among others.

Who else is with me?
It is Kwese TV that holds the Exclusive rights to Carabao and French Ligue
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by enonche85(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2018
These sons of bit.ches deliberately refused to show the match to remind we Nigerians that they still hold and control the market.

If only TSTV did their homework well.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by OhiOfIhima: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2018
profnigga:

If dem no show Epl again for naija, their own don finish be dat oo
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by enonche85(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2018
kingkakaone:

They took people unaware.

Exactly!...which was why I said it was a deliberate act.

They did not even inform people days before the match. They waited for minutes before the match before announcing on their twitter handle.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by 2LESS(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Not even a single person up there talked about approaching the court to seek redress or ask for compensations. Yet we have too many unemployed lawyers in Nigeria. We only pour our frustrations on social media and move-on as if everything is fine.
This is why institutions and politicians will continue to take us for a ride.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Ken55ng: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2018
Destroe:
DSTV no try at all
kwase tv for life

1 Like

Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by enonche85(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
I will rather subscribe to an unlimited data with any of the ISPs in Nigeria and be streaming live matches and still use it for other things than to be paying dstv 16k monthly!

Useless idi.ots!!!
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Bestchoice4me(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
I will launch a decoder that will give diz DSTV a run for their money, this shakara is too much now.. because say na only una dey bah.. Let d rivalry begin.
reportminds:
DSTV Nigeria has apologized for not airing the Community Shield game between Manchester City and Chelsea on Sunday.

After the match, the cable TV network, took to their official Twitter handle, to pacify angry Nigerians who were left disappointed.

Fans were left to scour streaming sites to catch a glimpse of the encounter, which is the traditional curtain raiser of the English football season.

DSTV also used the opportunity to list the competitions they have rights to in the 2018/2019 season.

“Dear esteemed subscribers, we don’t have rights to air the FA Cup & Community Shield this year but you can enjoy pulsating football action from the #PL, #UCL, #LaLiga & the recently added Italian #SerieA and Uefa Nations League. Thanks for choosing DStv,” the post read.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/08/community-shield-dstv-apologize-for-not.html?m=1
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by akiOYIBO: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Someone should be sueing this people for damages right now
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by adanlawo94(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
DSTV REALLY bleeped UP. WE KNOW U TO BE GIANT. #apology_not_accepted angry
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
enonche85:

Exactly!...which was why I said it was a deliberate act.

They did not even inform people days before the match. They waited for minutes before the match before announcing on their twitter handle.
That was why I became angry too. They don't seem to care about the feelings of their subscribers.

I was waiting at home thinking they would air the match only for me to be shocked that they wouldn't show it.

If not for my neighbor that had metro digital o wouldn't have watched it at all.

I don't like going out to watch matches due to the temperaments of some people u will meet in those places.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by AKzee(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
profnigga:
Startimes is a nightmare. They are still learning from multichoice.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by keneyeha: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
Make Sales on your Website 24/7

Get Ecommerce Website Developed for Your Business designed, crafted and developed by Web Professionals with years of Web and Digital Solutions experience

Avoid Web Quacks Developing your Website!

What You Also Get:

== Ecommerce Website Comes with Payment Gateway
== Free Training on How to Upload, Edit and Remove Products Images/Prices
== 1 Year Domain
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
mysteryman2014:
It is waste of scarce resources paying for premium subscription without enjoying premium services. Why increase ur rate and not being able to sustain rights that you already have.

Dstv essentially showed all the leagues, German league, Ligue 1, they stopped and now they have added fa, there is need for a viable competition in satellite tv sector to stop this exploitation.
Pay TV right are not cheap.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by samkevie: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Annoying people,make me run leave rehearsal only to come see highlights of old matches
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Peppergroove(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
CTL AND BIEN SPORT24 ISSA GOAL JOOR

DSTV GOAN DIE
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by meobizy(f): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
This is unlike DStv. I wonder what happened. Any reader should believe the next stream of comments at their own peril, people who view only NTA in their homes will come out cursing Multichoice like they have any idea of the word Digital TV.

As their service is the best in Nigeria and I give zero f-ucks about soccer na to jejely stay with their subscription. The day they mess with any Big Brother edition is the last time they'll see my money.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Senorprinz:
Most Nigerians are just noise makers, next month they'll still renew their subscription.
Exactly!.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
i pray to God they lose the right to show the epl too. that will be the begining of thier downfall. imagine no fa cup or carabao cup, only epl? then its not worth subscribing. viewing center all the way.
Dstv can not fall,they many channels targeted at different audience. Hitv failed because they concentrated on one segment
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
AKzee:

Startimes is a nightmare. They are still learning from multichoice.
How?
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by brightalo17: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
profnigga:
Startime no dey show EPL.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by Donshile(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
No base in ur Excuse
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by abbeyafu(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
I kuku get ntel and d app wey I use watch the match on my phone... DSTV dey scam us for naija
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by GetCofOProperty: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
It's a planned act... A written script purely acted. They could be loosing their right to some matches coming season.

You can check my signature just here in blue below this line.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by anytaij: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
They are not scammer is Dstv that caused it. They didn't wnt to give them some Channels all because they believed Tstv will spoil business for them With pay as You go billing. Dstv are te scammers have they don't want others to out shine them.
Tolexander:
Those scammers.
Re: Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City by deniguy01(m): 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
anytaij:
They are not scammer is Dstv that caused it. They didn't wnt to give them some Channels all because they believed Tstv will spoil business for them With pay as You go billing. Dstv are te scammers have they don't want others to out shine them.

does dstv own the channel?

..guy you are working with them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wales Vs Iran: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (0 - 2) On 25th Nov 2022 / Spain Vs Costa Rica: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (7 - 0) On 23rd Nov 2022 / Solomon Dalong Praises Victorious Eaglets (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.