Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign (22432 Views)

How Atiku Struck Last-Minute Deal With Tambuwal To Win Ticket / Pressure Mounts On Apostle Suleman & Sheikh Gumi To Contest 2023 Presidency / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by ManirBK: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
A Group of ‘Concerned Citizens of Sokoto State’ has called on Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal to resign his position as governor following his defection to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Addressing a press conference on Sunday, the group Coordinator, Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, described Tambuwal’s exit from APC as betrayal of people’s mandate as given him in the 2015 election.

Abdullahi said Tambuwal’s emergence as Governor was not that he was popularly accepted by people of Sokoto, but because of the circumstances that PDP led Nigeria into then, as well as, contribution of Senator Aliyu Wamakko and President Muhammad Buhari.

“We are speaking on behalf of Sokoto people that we are totally against Tambuwal’s decision to join PDP and we want him to immediately return our mandate by resigning his position as governor,’’ Abdullahi said.

He called on the authorities to investigate the alleged bribery of 18 lawmakers to join PDP along with Tambuwal and sponsoring of people from the 23 Local Government Areas to attend Aug. 1, decamping event at Sokoto Government House.

The group Coordinator called on Tambuwal to either confirm or deny the allegations stressing that it was said that N5 million was spent on each of the Local Government to transport people to the event.

He added that the group would begin educating people to recall any lawmaker that followed Tambuwal’s actions, while suggesting that Nigeria’s Constitution should accommodate recall process of elected governor.

Abdullahi described Tambuwal’s comments on Federal Government not executing any project in Sokoto as misleading.

He listed establishment of 8 Division of Nigerian Army, N8.7 billion FGN/CBN Intervention programnme in agriculture among others as Buhari’s good work to Sokoto people.

Abdullahi also urged Governor Tambuwal to account for N18.3 billion Paris Club refunds and N10.09 billion Salary/Pension arrears settlement facilities given by the Federal Government.

He traced the history of Tambuwal’s emergence as Speaker House of Representatives, his governorship contest with his brother Sen. Umaru Dahiru-Tambuwal and the support he enjoyed from Sen. Aliyu Wamakko.

Others in attendance at the conference were Retired Sqd. Leader, Aminu Bala-Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Gidan-Bango, Alhaji Usman Hassan and Alhaji Mu’azu Maigwanjo.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pressure-mounts-on-governor-tambuwal-to-resign-264312.html

4 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by ManirBK: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Buhari till 2023 by God grace. the defectors to PDP will recieve the consequence of their action b4 and after the election.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Firefire(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Buhary till 2045 or till no more Nigeria.

Kai Barber!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by kunmiiii: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Olodo group, their name should be "Concerned Olodo Citizens of Sokoto State"

Why would a sitting governor resign and return the mandate he probably BOUGHT from you people back then for a meagre sum of money and gifts, who should he return it to?? Una wan resell the mandate back to another highest bidder abi?? Abeg u can't eat your cake and have it.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by ManirBK: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
kunmiiii:
Olodo group, their name should be "Concerned Olodo Citizens of Sokoto State"

Why would a sitting governor resign and return the mandate he probably BOUGHT from you people back then for a meagre sum of money and gifts, who should he return it to?? Una wan resell the mandate back to another highest bidder abi?? Abeg u can't eat your cake and have it.
He doesn't have to resign. Sokoto electorate and Nigerians will retire him in 2019.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by thesicilian: 12:09am On Aug 06, 2018
Technically a Governor doesn't have to resign because he defected from his party to another. He was elected by the people of the state, not his party members alone.

5 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by bedspread: 12:10am On Aug 06, 2018
[s]
ManirBK:
Buhari till 2023 by God grace. the defectors to PDP will recieve the consequence of their action b4 and after the election.
[/s] After May 29th 2019, go and meet Pmb at Daura, Kastina state..

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by AroleOduduwa(m): 12:17am On Aug 06, 2018
People won’t fail to amaze me. I don’t know if they are hypocrites or dunce, how can you ask a sitting governor to resign because he defected from one party to the other, why not write the state assembly or wait till the next election? APC are not handling the defection lightly, they are pained and wounded that they are celebrating Akpabio defection as if Donald trump has just decamped from republican to APC

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Herdsmen: 3:48am On Aug 06, 2018
Apc minions.. very lawless like the dullard..

Sense Dem no get..borrow Dem no gree..

Na to the constitute nusiance everywhere..

Oga go ginger tambuwal to resign..

Sokoto is a PDP state....

Apc is out and over..

Back to daura is a must...even the caliphate don reject wamako and his evil party..

Una carry una hit squad go sokoto go constitute.. killing and sacking villages..and una athink say caliphate no get local intelligence..

Say bye bye to sokoto..more is coming.. Keep paying almajiris with plate of rice to constitute..next year no far again..

Una go collect mean mean..na body go tell zombies..

5 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Kingspin(m): 4:07am On Aug 06, 2018
Those extremist group should take their protest to the killing in the North and under-development of Sokoto state serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by praise010(m): 4:12am On Aug 06, 2018
Achievement of PMB in Sokoto

1.Establishment of 8 Division of Nigerian Army,

2. N8.7 billion FGN/CBN Intervention programnme in Agriculture.

I can't imagine that someone will list these as an achievement of a President. These people are shameless.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by StarPlayer: 4:47am On Aug 06, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary till 2045 or till no more Nigeria.

Kai Barber!

you get work wey you de do so?

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by superlanny(m): 5:28am On Aug 06, 2018
If not that he is lacking sense, shouldnt he have resigned, well i believe APC will do the needful

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Corrinthians(m): 5:44am On Aug 06, 2018
Where exactly did Tambuwal get the sense that was a good move to make? The gentleman sure didn't consult well before taking that decision. Very wrong choice of action I tell you.

7 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:09am On Aug 06, 2018
thesicilian:
Technically a Governor doesn't have to resign because he defected from his party to another. He was elected by the people of the state, not his party members alone.

The party name is on the ballot paper, not aspirant name

2 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
People won’t fail to amaze me. I don’t know if they are hypocrites or dunce, how can you ask a sitting governor to resign because he defected from one party to the other, why not write the state assembly or wait till the next election? APC are not handling the defection lightly, they are pained and wounded that they are celebrating Akpabio defection as if Donald trump has just decamped from republican to APC

The people you called 'dunce' actually voted for him. They did this after he joined a platform they trusted. So he won gubernatorial election with support from this platform and thinks he has to leave because he has ambition to become President. What has really changed that made him return to another platform? Shouldn't the people that voted him ask questions? The voters thumbprinted APC on the ballot paper, not Tambulwa right? So if he doesn't trust the party again, he should drop their mandate. It is as simple as that.

Deputy Governor in many states have resigned before Joining another party contrary to what their principal belongs to. We saw it play out in Kano State recently. Now explain why a State Governor who was trusted with a mandate because he belong ti a party would not resign before joining another party. As the case maybe, my argument is that electorates voted for party not candidates.

10 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by aolawale025: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2018
Corrinthians:
Where exactly did Tambuwal get the sense that was a good move to make? The gentleman sure didn't consult well before taking that decision. Very wrong choice of action I tell you.

He wants to contest for president. Worst case he contests for Governor under PDP
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Splashme: 7:21am On Aug 06, 2018
Those Sokoto APC miscreants
should shut up
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

The people you called 'dunce' actually voted for him. They did this after he joined a platform they trusted. So he won gubernatorial election with support from this platform and thinks he has to leave because he has ambition to become President. What has really changed that made him return to another platform? Shouldn't the people that voted him ask questions? The voters thumbprinted APC on the ballot paper, not Tambulwa right? So if he doesn't trust the party again, he should drop their mandate. It is as simple as that.

Deputy Governor in many states have resigned before Joining another party contrary to what their principal belongs to. We saw it play out in Kano State recently. Now explain why a State Governor who was trusted with a mandate because he belong ti a party would not resign before joining another party. As the case maybe, my argument is that electorates voted for party not candidates.

You argument is invalid, Hafiz Abubakar resigned because he has a boss and if he hadn’t done so, the state assembly would have impeached him. Tambuwal scenario is different, he’s the boss in his state, he has the mandate and not his party.

8 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

You argument is invalid, Hafiz Abubakar resigned because he has a boss and if he hadn’t done so, the state assembly would have impeached him. Tambuwal scenario is different, he’s the boss in his state, he has the mandate and not his party.

Did the electorate voted for Tambuwal or APC? Whose name is on the Ballot?

If he thinks he can win alone, he shouldn't have joined any platform you know.

2 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Did the electorate voted for Tambuwal or APC? Whose name is on the Ballot?

If he thinks he can win alone, he shouldn't have joined any platform you know.

Don’t waste my time. To answer your question, the name of the candidate, the party name and this logo, but that doesn’t change the fact that the mandate belongs to him, please stop arguing blindly.

3 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Racoon(m): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2018
I wish to hear what this same group said in 2014 when Tambuwal did something similar.You dont only dance to a music that only suit you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by StillX10(m): 7:56am On Aug 06, 2018
How does one's defection become a crime or how does it betray the mandate given him by the people?

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2018
ManirBK:
He listed establishment of 8 Division of Nigerian Army, N8.7 billion FGN/CBN Intervention programnme in agriculture among others as Buhari’s good work to Sokoto people.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pressure-mounts-on-governor-tambuwal-to-resign-264312.html
Mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j
Òmo, see the achievements of a president undecided

So Tambuwal cannot account for the Paris fund and pension bla bla bla and Buhari kept quiet until he decamped undecided

Yet some unintelligent people will come here to tell us how Buhari is fighting corruption undecided

Is it now glaring that Buhari was only fighting the opposition and his enemies using the nation's resources

Hypocrisy is when you congratulated Tambuwal for decamping, praised his wisdom for dousing tension for adjoining the national assembly as at how he seems fit but harassing Bukola Saraki for doing the same thing. Now dragging Tambuwal through the mould when he did the same thing again but only in the reverse undecided

2019 will be an unforgettable year in the history of this country!

5 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:04am On Aug 06, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

Don’t waste my time. To answer your question, the name of the candidate, the party name and this logo, but that doesn’t change the fact that the mandate belongs to him, please stop arguing blindly.

Are you a Nigerian? On which Ballot did you find Candidates name?

You guys just be dishonest with yourself. After the primary election, cabdidates are given the party flag which mean representing of thr platform they held the flag. The party flag is given to candidate by the Party leader. And the only symbol of this is that this particular candidate is representing a party.

On the Ballot, the only thing you are going to find is Party name and logo. It does not have candidate name on it. I wonder if you have ever voted in any election in Nigeria.

The electorate voted for the party and not any candidate. If you can advocate for the resignation of Deputies for decamping, the same logic should apply for a Governor who got the people mandate by belonging to a platform.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Are you a Nigerian? On which Ballot did you find Candidates name?

You guys just be dishonest with yourself. After the primary election, cabdidates are given the party flag which mean representing of thr platform they held the flag. The party flag is given to candidate by the Party leader. And the only symbol of this is that this particular candidate is representing a party.

On the Ballot, the only thing you are going to find is Party name and logo. It does not have candidate name on it. I wonder if you have ever voted in any election in Nigeria.

The electorate voted for the party and not any candidate. If you can advocate for the resignation of Deputies for decamping, the same logic should apply for a Governor who got the people mandate by belonging to a platform.

When Inec want to announce the winner, they make announcement by saying APC or PDP has won the election right? The posters/ billboards you see around has only PDP and APC on it without the name and picture of the candidate? My friend move to one corner and stop wasting my time.

4 Likes

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by modath(f): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Corrinthians:

I am sure Wike get hin noods somewhere. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

When Inec want to announce the winner, they make announcement by saying APC or PDP has won the election right? The posters/ billboards you see around has only PDP and APC on it without the name and picture of the candidate? My friend move to one corner and stop wasting my time.

Poster can have any name printed on it. It is not INEC material and not guided by law. So much soms even put their unofficial name like Nicknames. It doesn't have any meaning.

INEC declare results by mentioning name of the candidate and the party they belong to. We've had cases of where candidates have almost same name. The returning officer will name and THE NAME OF THE PARTY the candidate belong to. This is why we have Party Agents on board and not candidate agent to monitor the process.

And for your dishonesty, ballot paper has the name and logo of the Party. It does not include the name of the candidate. This inevitably means the mandate belongs to the party and not the candidate.

You were calling some people hypocrites but your own hypocrisy is rare to find. Only a hypocrite will support the resignation of deputies but would want the governor to retain his office after defection.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2018
Sen. Wammako is the most popular Northern grassroot politician after late Musa Yaradua political machinery that Atiku inherited. Don't forget he groomed Tambuwal and made whom he today...will reduce him to nothing!
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Poster can have any name printed on it. It is not INEC material and not guided by law. So much soms even put their unofficial name like Nicknames. It doesn't have any meaning.

INEC declare results by mentioning name of the candidate and the party they belong to. We've had cases of where candidates have almost same name. The returning officer will name and THE NAME OF THE PARTY the candidate belong to. This is why we have Party Agents on board and not candidate agent to monitor the process.

And for your dishonesty, ballot paper has the name and logo of the Party. It does not include the name of the candidate. This inevitably means the mandate belongs to the party and not the candidate.

You were calling some people hypocrites but your own hypocrisy is rare to find. Only a hypocrite will support the resignation of deputies but would want the governor to retain his office after defection.

Which of my post suggested that am in support of political prostitute, I don’t support people without ideology. All am saying is that you can’t ask a sitting governor to resign, he has to he mandate, they should explore legal means and stop making noise. Mind you, there will be more decamping from PDP to APC and Vice versa
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by blackpanda: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
thesicilian:

Wrong. Constitutionbrecognises parties not people. That's why the kogi governor won over PDP and APC was still allowed to present anothervcandidate when the original flag bearer died. So don't preach trash. Thanks
Re: Pressure Mounts On Governor Tambuwal To Resign by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

Which of my post suggested that am in support of political prostitute, I don’t support people without ideology. All am saying is that you can’t ask a sitting governor to resign, he has to he mandate, they should explore legal means and stop making noise. Mind you, there will be more decamping from PDP to APC and Vice versa

But yoi can advocate for resignation of Deputies?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Reverend Godwin Okonkwo Joins Governorship Race (Photos) / Imo Govt Seals Okorocha’s College, Reclaims IBC Quarters / Chase Out Any Igbo That Fails To Vote Peter Obi From Igboland - Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.