Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC (30701 Views)

Godswill Akpabio In Enugu For His Grand Mother-in-law's Burial / Crowd Welcome Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom With Brooms (Photos) / Why Buhari Met Akpabio In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by odiks: 5:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Just In: Akwa Ibom PDP loses deputy governor Moses Ekpo to APC

Pa Moses Ekpo, deputy governor of Akwa Ibom State has reportedly resigned, according to a tweet by @APCNewspaper and ibom.com.ng

The resignation has not been confirmed officially by the PDP controlled Akwa Ibom State Government, but the APC organ said Ekpo, the oldest deputy governor in Nigeria, is heading to join Senator Godswill Akpabio into the All Progressives Congress. Both are political allies. Akpabio was a former governor of the state for eight years(2007-2015) and installed incumbent Governor Udom Emmanuel.

BREAKING: @MrUdomEmmanuel Deputy, Pa Moses tenders resignation. To join @SenatorAkpabio in @OfficialAPCNg on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/LBSGQdM2CI

— APC Newspaper (@APCNewspaper) August 5, 2018
Ekpo, a veteran journalist, diplomat and administrator was born on 22 December 1941 at Abak in Akwa Ibom State.

He attended both the Government School and Holy Family College, in Abak for his primary and secondary education before going to the London Polytechnic, University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.A and World Intellectual Property Organization Academy (WIPO), Geneva Switzerland.

He holds a Diploma and B.Sc. in Journalism and a WIPO Academy Diploma as well as a certificate of the United States Patent Academy, in addition to several certificates and diplomas earned from many international workshops and seminars.

In a public service career spanning over four decades, Mr. Ekpo had served as Proof Reader, Reporter and Editor in several Nigerian newspapers and broadcasting organisations. He served in senior editorial and management positions in the Daily Express, Daily Times, West African Pilot, the Morning Post, Eastern Nigeria Broadcasting Service and Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service.

He was for years the Nigerian country Correspondent for the Voice of America (VOA), Deutsche Welle (Voice of Germany) and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

Ekpo was also General Manager of Cross River State Newspaper Corporation, Publishers of the Nigerian Chronicle Group of Newspapers.

He also served as Chief Information Officer in the Cross River State Government as well as the Chief Public Relations Officer to that Government.

He was also Assistant Director of Information and Acting Federal Director of Information
and Director of Nigerian Information Service with concurrent accreditation to Europe and the Americas.

He was Commissioner for Information, Social Development, Youths & Sports at different times in both Cross River and Akwa Ibom States.

Among other roles performed in the past, Ekpo was Director, Nigerian Copyright Council. Director-General, Nigerian Copyright Commission, President of the General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organization and a Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, Abuja.

The latter was the last position held until his election into office as the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State

http://www.nan.ng/news/just-in-akwa-ibom-loses-deputy-governor-moses-ekpo-to-apc/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 06, 2018
@odik u no dey tire for akpabio tori, haba r u a monitoring demon, abeg relax ur mind

3 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by dukie25: 5:22am On Aug 06, 2018
Akpabio fall hand here.
Saraki departed APC with the governor, the deputy governor, all Kwara senators, all Kwara house of reps members, the entire state assembly, entire LG chairmen.
Saraki is like Ronaldo while Akpabio is Ahmed Elmohamady of Sunderland.
Akwa Ibom remains PDP and it would remain like that for a very long time.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Lagosfinder(m): 5:25am On Aug 06, 2018
Akpabio just deputy
were are your legislators and commisioners

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Chicagoesontop: 5:25am On Aug 06, 2018
Cowards everywhere !!

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 06, 2018
This whole drama has become saltless.

So many insinuations being proven true right, left and center.

2019 come already. Let's see the end of this.

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 06, 2018
Akpabio either has a master plan or may have just struck a massive blow on his political career..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by hannysur8(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Oshiimole doing his assignment very well

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Corrinthians(m): 5:40am On Aug 06, 2018
Fake News.

Next.

Modify.

Hmmm. Fp? shocked

Are we sure about this? shocked
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by kahal29: 5:42am On Aug 06, 2018
otuekong1:
@odik u no dey tire for akpabio tori, haba r u a monitoring demon, abeg relax ur mind

I dey tell you.... The News no wan die down
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by abescom: 5:44am On Aug 06, 2018
dukie25:
Akpabio fall hand here.
Saraki departed APC with the governor the deputy governor, all Kwara senators, all Kwara house of reps members, the entire state assembly, entire LG chairmen.
If you wanna be don be a real don like Saraki.
You are a bit in haste. Who could have imagined that Akpabio himself would have ported to APC? Give it some time.

My advise to APC is that they should brace themselves to receive those who would soon leave PDP after their primaries. Could even be bigger than what left APC to PDP.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by dukie25: 5:46am On Aug 06, 2018
abescom:
You are a bit in haste. Who could have imagined that Akpabio himself would have ported to APC? Give it some time.

My advise to APC is that they should brace themselves to receive those who would soon leave PDP after their primaries. Could even be bigger than what left APC to PDP.
Are you insinuating Akpabio could pull off what Saraki pulled off in Kwara?
OK am willing to wait as you suggested. Let's see how Udom and the entire state legislators leave
en-mass for APC.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by abescom: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2018
dukie25:

Are you insinuating Akpabio could pull off what Saraki pulled off in Kwara?
OK am willing to wait as you suggested. Let's see how Udom and the entire state legislators would leave
en-mass for APC.
Judging by reports I believe so. Let's just wait and see how things unfold in the next few days.

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by odiks: 5:55am On Aug 06, 2018
otuekong1:

Mmmmmh.... My brother, Akpabio surprise all of us Oooo. It's over 48 hours since the story broke out yet no denial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by dukie25: 5:55am On Aug 06, 2018
abescom:
Judging by reports I believe so. Let's just wait and see how things unfold in the next few days.
Where are you getting your report from? I hope not from Lying Mohammed?
Expecting Udom and all the state legislators to decamp is like expecting Bubu not to travel to UK for treatment. It just wouldn't happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by escodotman: 5:56am On Aug 06, 2018
Fake news by APC agents
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by abescom: 6:06am On Aug 06, 2018
dukie25:

Expecting Udom and all the state legislators to decamp is like expecting Bubu not to travel to UK for treatment. It just wouldn't happen.
I am not even talking of Udom and those in Akwa but those Akpabio have the pull/good will to attract to APC. But again, let's wait and see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by dukie25: 6:07am On Aug 06, 2018
abescom:
I am not even talking of Udom and those in Akwa but those Akpabio have the pull/good will to attract to APC. But again, let's wait and see.

Who are you expecting Akpabio to "pull" to the APC?

How many did he pull to the PDP?

3 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by enambobo(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2018
otuekong1:
Otu Baba u don come reach here?
Oboy this news shock pple o. e don really shake the political landscape of Akwa Ibom and Nigeria at large. No be small tin.
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by dheilaw1(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2018
dukie25:

for your mind now you think say u talk sense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2018
abescom:

You think there won’t be aggrieved member after APC primaries? People will move from one party to the other, what is important is who and how impactful the person can be, stop being bias with your analysis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Auladimeji(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2018
escodotman:
Fake news by APC agents
Are you sure you aren't crying while typing this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Auladimeji(m): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2018
dukie25:
Akpabio fall hand here.
Saraki departed APC with the governor, the deputy governor, all Kwara senators, all Kwara house of reps members, the entire state assembly, entire LG chairmen.
Saraki is like Ronaldo while Akpabio is Ahmed Elmohamady of Sunderland.
The same way you guys always fool yourself and your gullible fellow, yet in real life the story is always the opposite

6 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by escodotman: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2018
Auladimeji:
Are you sure you aren't crying while typing this
A zombie terrorist spotted. How are your brothers ISIS, al-qaeda and muslim brotherhood?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by SalamRushdie: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2018
I am just tired of Nigerian politics I swear ..all I want now is for Buhari to leave and and I will be ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by YurFatHer: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
now, this is what they call "loyalty"
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Opinionated: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by chronique(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Lol. With all the noise about fighting corruption, buhari decides to use efcc to threaten akpabio to decamp from pdp to apc, rather than prosecute him and recover our stolen money? And you still have people who think buhari has integrity and is fighting corruption? When I say buhari supporters are not intelligent and honest, I actually have a valid reason for saying so. Most of them are also very unintelligent. No difference between buhari and every other corrupt Nigerian leader. They all are same but with different packaging.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by tempest69: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Confusion in PDP right now.

5 Likes

Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Issorait undecided
Re: Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC by Destroe: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2018
Hope he is not defecting in the hope that Akpabio will make him the next governor o because that won't happen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kano / Govs Fear Tinubu’s Role As Buhari Inaugurates Campaign Council / Gunmen Declare 10-Day Sit-At-Home In Enugu Communities, Order Markets To Shut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.