Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,035 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ndidi Backs Iheanacho To Continue Scoring Form - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ndidi Backs Iheanacho To Continue Scoring Form (292 Views)

EPL: Kelechi Iheanacho to join Chelsea / Wilfred Ndidi Asking Kelechi Iheanacho To "Cut Soap For Him" / FA Cup: Iheanacho Breaks Nigerian’s Scoring Record [see Top Ten] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndidi Backs Iheanacho To Continue Scoring Form by solbase10(m): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2018
Wilfred Ndidi has backed his Super Eagles teammate Kelechi Iheanacho to replicate his pre-season goal scoring form when Leicester City takes on Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Iheanacho has been on fire in pre-season with his brace in the victory against Lille on Saturday taking his tally to four goals in his last three friendlies.

Iheanacho is expected to start up front for Leicester City at Old Trafford with main striker Jamie Vardy ruled out due to his late comeback from the World Cup.

Ndidi revealed he and Iheanacho have been doing extra training together to get themselves prepared for the start of the Premier League season on Friday night, having both returned late to pre-season following their own exploits in Russia.

“Yes, Kelechi is getting there because we work every day in training,” Ndidi told Leicester City Mercury.

“I wasn’t even surprised he scored with the head because just the other day we practice just me and him, just passes and just playing and try to practice.”

“It was good and in the previous games also it was good he scored in these games for the confidence. I hope he can keep confidence for the next games, not just him but all of the players.”

On Leicester City’s 2-1 win over Lille, Ndidi said: “It was a really, really tough game. This kind of game is really good because this kind of win gives us confidence in our performance level.”

“Of course, that is the idea of the pre-season games, not just the confidence; the match fitness and trying to play together again so it was good,” said Ndidi.

“Because of the international players we didn’t get to play too much but the coach tried to manage the players, giving everyone the minutes and I feel we are getting there.”

“We try to manage that kind of situation in the first minute and then we try not to make it happen in the next game. The game was very very challenging so it was a good game for us to go into the next one.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ndidi-backs-iheanacho-to-continue-scoring-form/

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Unluckiest Premier League Team & Manchester United Luckiest. / AFCON 2019 Qualifiers: Rohr Set To Give Akinyemi Eagles Debut Vs Seychelles / If U Know U Can Stake Very High Just Call Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.