Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,124 members, 7,852,825 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Drones Are Now Applied Into Farming. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Drones Are Now Applied Into Farming. (301 Views)

Air Pods, Power Banks, Smartwaches, Ear Buds, Drones, Smart Sunglasses For Sale / Drone Services(4k Resolution Drones) / Want To Buy Drones?????best And Cheap Drone Camera. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drones Are Now Applied Into Farming. by KOKSNATION: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Tech-farming is having its way into agriculture.

Recorded in small Central American nation, El Salvador, fields and large farms, mainly sugar cane are now being handled by drones. Large unmanned hexacopters fitted with 20-litre tanks for carrying fertilizer or pesticides follow pre-mapped routes and spray crops accordingly.

This isn't a case of new tech replacing old farm equipment - some of these fields are being sprayed for the very first time.

In a country where access to fields is often difficult for tractors and even planes, drones are showing great potential. On using drones to practice tech-farming and spraying large farms, yields will improve.

At the moment, most of the work with farmers in El Salvador is trial-based, but Hylio is covering a lot of ground. In one morning a single spray team can service 40 hectares - roughly the same area as 40 international rugby pitches.

Drones are touted as useful flying farmhands because they can, in theory, improve the precision with which fertilizers, pesticides or fungicides are applied. This is due to their ability to spray specific volumes on GPS-defined routes through a field.

One South African farmer recently claimed that using drones reduced the pesticide use on her farm by 30%. This improved.........https://koksnation..com/2018/08/tech-drones-applied-in-large-scale.html
Re: Drones Are Now Applied Into Farming. by Noahjackson: 10:26am On Aug 11, 2018
I am excited because I am going to pick drone from Amazon for the very first time. Wish me good luck and give me the tips for the save using the drones.https://dronesforthebigboys.com/best-beginner-drone/

(1) (Reply)

Damaged Lg G4 For Sale / WD Blue 500GB Laptop Hard Disk Drive For ₦10,000 / Iphone Se 64gb For Sale...locked To 02 network And Can Be Unlocked With A Chip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.