Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? (1527 Views)

So What Exactly Happened To All This Banks / What Exactly Do Modifier Types In C++ Do? More Emphasis On Integer Modifiers / Chrome Extension And Enhancement Of A Platform In Context To NL Anti-spambot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:37am On Aug 07, 2018
Are they programmed to BAN you if you use certain words or phrases? undecided
I posted on a thread and quoted a song title with “oh baby” in it . . . cheesy

And KABOOM. . . ! ! !
The “spambot” was provoked.
Is there a lexicon of words you cannot use on NL?
Why is this “spambot” just a nuisance? undecided

What exactly is it? DOES IT TARGET CERTAIN WORDS OR IDs? undecided

If you are banned by the “ROBOTIC SPAMBOT”, how are you expected to alert the mods without creating other IDs? wink

I don’t care to be a techno-guru since I have my own profession I am VERRRRRY pleased with. cool.

Has SPAM-BUTTOCKS banned you? grin
Please, share.

2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:40am On Aug 07, 2018
On the “Sunny Neji” thread, I made reference to M*J*0M0 by Slim Case to illustrate that the music of this day and age cannot be compared to CLASSICS by Sunny Neji and the likes of Styl Plus.

E finish o! grin

The next thing I saw was TWO IRRRRRRRITATING ban notices FOR ONE POST! shocked

Who is the IDDDDDDIOT that designed such a program?
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:50am On Aug 07, 2018
I typed the word “spambot” in the NL “search” browser and was even more DISGUSTED at the uncountable instances where IDs were banned disruptively without reasonable cause. undecided

WTF? ? ?

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Spambot+&search=Search
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by okwabayi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Kanwulia send your phone number and n-udes. Don't worry, I'll protect you from the evil spambot.
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by BruncleZuma: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2018
I'll be back...
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by 1Sharon(f): 12:56am On Aug 13, 2018
The spambot kicks in when you post the same words repeatedly on a thread.

Spambot thinks you are spamming the thread, get it?
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
1Sharon:
The spambot kicks in when you post the same words repeatedly on a thread.

Spambot thinks you are spamming the thread, get it?

Not the case.
I only featured ONCE on the thread.
So what could it be? undecided
Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaMama: 1:39am On Oct 07, 2018
This useless SPAMBOT again? undecided

Even with the DRRRRRRY STATE of NL? cheesy

1 Share

Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by badthinds: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Seun and the other NL admins should admit defeat and open a ground for we smart headed programmers grin to collectively write a world class anti-spam bot for them...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are SPAMBOT And PYGURU On Nairaland? ? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
Abeg no need. Just use an alternate ID.
Shikena! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dynamic Web Forms / What Is Needed To Develop A Software From Scratch To The User Using Stage / Top 10 Interesting Software Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.