Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) (1384 Views)

Man Receives Unreleased Google Pixel 7 Pro After Placing Order For Pixel 6 Pro. / Google Just Announced The New Android 9 Pie Go Edition / List Of Infinix Devices To Receive Official Android 9.0 P Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by TechCapon(m): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon

Google has finally announced the official name for it’s new OS and the name is Pie. That’s android 9.0 Pie, this follow Google’s old tradition of naming it’s OS after different kinds of snacks and confectioneries and it’s now available for Google Pixel owners for now, it’s only a matter of time before it is released into the market.

Why Pie ?

I know this question will be on the lips of almost everyone. The answer is simple, Google always picks a dessert or confectionery-based nickname for its mobile OS, shifting one letter along the alphabet each time.

Past examples have included Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Lollipop and Marshmallow.

There had been speculation that the next name could be Pistachio Ice Cream, Pop-Tart or Pumpkin Pie. But the chief of Android’s London engineering team explained that there had been a deliberate decision to keep things simple.

“It hints at the same goals we have with Android in general,” said Andrei Popescu.

“We want to simplify the user interface, we want to make the usage simpler and more intuitive.

“And I think that kind of resonates with a very simple and beautiful name like Pie.”

Android Pie comes load with a lot of exciting new feature which I have already listed before but I’ll give a quick rundown of things to expect in this new feature.

1. Fresh new look and notifications.

2. Official dark mode.

3. No stopping the notch. (Notch mode)

4. Useful screenshot tools which comes with editing the screenshots.

5. Dashboard to curb smartphone addition. It’s call digital well-being

6. Lockdown mode for extra security.

7. Gesture navigation

8. Rotate only when you want.

9. Battery status on the ambient display

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/android-9-0-is-now-available-for-pixel-users-p-stands-for-pie-photos/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by TechConsult: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2018
Nice
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by TechCapon(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2018
TechConsult:
Nice
very nice. Everyone should be getting ready to upgrade soon.
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by opera1(m): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2018
As for me, I don't see anything new on the features listed above coz my phone [GiONEE M5] can perform virtually all d features.
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2018
and wey the #money dey to take UPGRADE my PHONE??
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by ibawon(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2018
No one was expecting the name "Pie"
Oversimple

3 Likes

Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:01am On Aug 07, 2018
miracood:
and wey the #money dey to take UPGRADE my PHONE??
grin no need to upgrade ur phone, just the OS.
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Google has finally announced the official name for it’s new OS and the name is Pie. That’s android 9.0 Pie, this follow Google’s old tradition of naming it’s OS after different kinds of snacks and confectioneries and it’s now available for Google Pixel owners for now, it’s only a matter of time before it is released into the market.

Why Pie ?

I know this question will be on the lips of almost everyone. The answer is simple, Google always picks a dessert or confectionery-based nickname for its mobile OS, shifting one letter along the alphabet each time.

Past examples have included Jelly Bean, Kit Kat, Lollipop and Marshmallow.

There had been speculation that the next name could be Pistachio Ice Cream, Pop-Tart or Pumpkin Pie. But the chief of Android’s London engineering team explained that there had been a deliberate decision to keep things simple.

“It hints at the same goals we have with Android in general,” said Andrei Popescu.

“We want to simplify the user interface, we want to make the usage simpler and more intuitive.

“And I think that kind of resonates with a very simple and beautiful name like Pie.”

Android Pie comes load with a lot of exciting new feature which I have already listed before but I’ll give a quick rundown of things to expect in this new feature.

1. Fresh new look and notifications.

2. Official dark mode.

3. No stopping the notch. (Notch mode)

4. Useful screenshot tools which comes with editing the screenshots.

5. Dashboard to curb smartphone addition. It’s call digital well-being

6. Lockdown mode for extra security.

7. Gesture navigation

8. Rotate only when you want.

9. Battery status on the ambient display

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/android-9-0-is-now-available-for-pixel-users-p-stands-for-pie-photos/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

PIZZA would have been bettergrin
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by lastbaff(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2018
Cool
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by wiseone28: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
After Android Z..what next? grin
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by TechCapon(m): 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
MrBONE2:

PIZZA would have been bettergrin
lol
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by pistero(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
I thought it would be pop corn
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by 9jaArea: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
I hope Samy will make this update available for G-S7
Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by kolexis: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
I'm on Android pie� grin

Re: Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) by kolexis: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
9jaArea:
I hope Samy will make this update available for G-S7
Ah ahn, this isn't happening sir

(1) (Reply)

SOLD / Redmi Note 7 Pro Officially Announced, Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria, / How Much Is Infinix Hot 7 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.