Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? (22462 Views)

What Are The Top 5 Most Used Apps On Your Smartphone? / What Are Your Top 3 Most Used Apps? / What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by beejayvince(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2018
The people saying "Play Store"... Do you Visit Play Store everyday? New apps to download everyday? Abeg! No be only Play Store, na Play Shop.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2018
fiercehillz:
In this order...Camera, whatsapp, chrome, Facebook, safari, twitter, play store, xender...

What about the play store that serves as a repository for other apps?
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 08, 2018
Misskoool:
i think its facebook

Not everyone is on Facebook , I qm not and many are leaving because of lack of Privacy but hardly will you see someone not on WhatsApp.

WhatsApp na dem papa
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2018
beejayvince:
The people saying "Play Store"... Do you Visit Play Store everyday? New apps to download everyday? Abeg! No be only Play Store, na Play Shop.

For people using more than ten apps, there is high chances of visiting the play store for one update or the other.
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by shadrach77: 8:56am On Aug 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Based on perception, the most used app are
1.Facebook
2.Facebook messenger
3. Whatsapp
4.Gmail
5.Google maps
6. Youtube

I'll adjust the list
1. Google
2. Facebook
3. Facebook messenger
4. WhatsApp
5. YouTube
6. Instagram
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by beejayvince(m): 8:57am On Aug 08, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:

For people using more than ten apps, there is high chances of visiting the play store for one update or the other.

Higher than the chances of opening WhatsApp?
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Palmerbarry: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2018
guji12:

Lol grin
WhatsApp I guess
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by techstack: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2018
kingxsamz:
Google's playstore.

You are right

You have to download other apps with it
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2018
Anegbettedude:
Mobile apps are one of the reasons why smartphones are appealing and popular today. These apps are what make your phones smart, in terms of functionality and features.

The app world is big enough to handle lots of apps of various functions and sizes. But one question has kept clouding the minds of users. Among several everyday apps such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Youtube, Facebook Messenger, Gmail and Google Maps etc

Which is the most used mobile app in the world?

http://www.infinix.club/forum/687/636178

Facebook or WhatsApp

but I think it's more of Facebook cause WhatsApp can only be used to chat so if u don't have anyone to chat with at the moment WhatsAppz useless but Facebook can do that and other things which can keep u entertained
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Rick9(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2018
Camera
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2018
shadrach77:

I'll adjust the list
1. Google
2. Facebook
3. Facebook messenger
4. WhatsApp
5. YouTube
6. Instagram

when u say "1.Google" do u mean
the search engine , the search engine app , or all Google products like Google Chrome, playstore , etc
in either of these cases these don't qualify to be at the list cause Google is a tech company not an app ( u have to be specific)
and WhatsApp is more used than Facebook messenger
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2018
techstack:

You are right
You have to download other apps with it
do u download apps everyday? it said most USED app
and don't act like there aren't other appstores
like applestore etc
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by onwards: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2018
Simple...

The Android Keyboard App.

(Edit: Now known as Gboard)

You use it in nearly every other application. Even calls and messaging. And you use it many many many times in a day.

An estimate... Count the number of messages you send in just WhatsApp in one day.

That's how many times you use the Android Keyboard app per day.

You probably are using it right now to reply to posts.

I thought this was common knowledge. Well...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by shadrach77: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2018
marvinsync:

when u say "1.Google" do u mean
the search engine , the search engine app , or all Google products like Google Chrome, playstore , etc
in either of these cases these don't qualify to be at the list cause Google is a tech company not an app ( u have to be specific)
and WhatsApp is more used than Facebook messenger

Google the search engine app. People who are quoting Facebook as number one are missing the point. To access Facebook or any other app you have to go through...GOOGLE. In fact sometimes to access Google itself you have to go through Google cheesy
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Goddyj(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2018
Opera mini
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Burgerlomo: 9:22am On Aug 08, 2018
Bubu App available in Daura kiosks cool
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by 2odd(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2018
tamethem:

Not everyone is on Facebook , I qm not and many are leaving because of lack of Privacy but hardly will you see someone not on WhatsApp.

WhatsApp na dem papa
There are more than 10 various Android market besides playstore
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by 2odd(m): 9:41am On Aug 08, 2018
marvinsync:

Facebook or WhatsApp

but I think it's more of Facebook cause WhatsApp can only be used to chat so if u don't have anyone to chat with at the moment WhatsAppz useless but Facebook can do that and other things which can keep u entertained

It's been months since I have last been to Facebook,but my WhatsApp,every day, news ?? ,I don't check Facebook for news
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2018
shadrach77:

Google the search engine app. People who are quoting Facebook as number one are missing the point. To access Facebook or any other app you have to go through...GOOGLE. In fact sometimes to access Google itself you have to go through Google cheesy

no u don't
those that use Facebook on iPhone nko?

and basically no one uses the search engine app ( note there's a difference between the search engine and the search engine app)

and when u say to use Google u have to go through Google
do u mean as in android? ( cause Google owns android) but these fails to iOS

overall my point is saying "Google" its self is not specific
do u know Google owns YouTube?
so just saying that Google is the most used app is just confusing
pls be specific
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by michhitman(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2018
"okay Google" grin
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2018
guji12:

Haba!
Na play nau.
No come break my head on top this matter bros.
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by bluefilm: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2018
Android Operating System. cheesy
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by 1Nation4all(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Nigeria politics App
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2018
2odd:

It's been months since I have last been to Facebook,but my WhatsApp,every day, news ?? ,I don't check Facebook for news

that's u
do u know how big and widely used Facebook is
u can only use WhatsApp when u have a number or ur in a group but Facebook u don't need a number and u can be groups and in other countries where mb is air u can just be streaming through
if ur bored Facebook is one of the places to go

there are several times that there nothing for me to do on WhatsApp but on Facebook there's always something u can do as long as u have mb

so that's why I think in a general perspective Facebook should be more used because it's more useful
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by myke92(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2018
It should be "dialer" app.
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2018
bluefilm:
Android Operating System. cheesy

that's not an app
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by marvinsync(m): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2018
myke92:
It should be "dialer" app.

there are different dialer apps for different phones , u have to be specific
lol I also thought of " settings" or " gallery" and " music" but they change from phone to phone
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by bluefilm: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2018
marvinsync:

that's not an app

Oh really?

Define an app.
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by Bnladan(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2018
Stomach app grin
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by eki2000(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2018
It's Exender
Re: Which Is The Most Used Mobile App In The World? by chukslawrence(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
No be only Ecobank na LAPO
Abi grooming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Install Java(.jar, .jad) Apps On Android Without Emulator / 15 Pictures Smartphone Users Can Relate To / Tecno L8 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.