Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Dilemma - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dilemma (696 Views)

The Dilemma Of A US Based Nigerian / Racial Dilemma In [yoruba] African History / Ethical Dilemma...Would You Report A YAHOO YAHOO Friend To Police? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma by Navi613: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2010
I left my house earlier today, and ran into my elderly neighbour who was doing her usual  white lady early morning gardening, for some reason, without me provoking her at all, she looked over at me and smiled. I didn't know how to react since  white lady usually look down and read a white prayer whenever we make eye contact, but this one was something else. In a moment of confusion, I noticed myself saying the most dreaded thing any self-respecting niaja would say to a white person, "hello" (it was a genuinely honest slip of the tongue, I guess the friendly whitefolks spirit possessed me for a second, and by the time I noticed what I said, it was too late and I couldn't take it back). So she smiles (AGAIN, that's twice now) and goes "I'm great dear, yourself?". So I stood there for a moment panicking cuz I was thinking "bitch, I said hello by accident, where do you get off thinking I asked how you're doing?! Not only are u taking advantage of my moment of weakness, but you're making it into something bigger than it already is, is  , ", and more importantly, I didn't know whether to correct her and tell her "no no, I said hello", or just go with the new direction of the brief convo and answer with "I'm great". I kinda froze and walked away without saying anything, cuz it woulda been awkward to answer after a 2 minute silence while I planned out how both scenarios would go in my head.

It was always my worst fear to be in that exact situation, so please help a brotha out and vote for what I should do next time if she ever corners me like that again.
Re: Dilemma by shakerz1: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2010
I say the next time this sort of revolting behavior is exhibited by anyone (why stop with just old women? I say don't discriminate. Children, are especially revolting when they smile and say hello!) you should shoot them at point blank range. Calmly and swiftly, of course. Smile upon their lifeless, twitching corpse as they (children and/or old women alike) bleed to death slowly and pat yourself on the back on a job well done. How dare she corner you in such a despicable manner, and to top it off ACTUALLY smiles!! Disgusting!

That's the appropriate solution to this dilemma, usually
Re: Dilemma by deniyor: 5:15am On Jun 23, 2010
You have smth against white people? whats wrong with the lady being friendly to u?
Re: Dilemma by spoilt(f): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2010
I'd be lying if I said I understand what you're getting at.
Re: Dilemma by dominique(f): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2010
spoilt:

I'd be lying if I said I understand what you're getting at.

me too undecided
Re: Dilemma by mki: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2010
I think she has finally realised you are the criminal or rapist she thought you were. Thats usual with conservative whites. Next time just smile and move on. Don't start a discussion. Let her do so.
Re: Dilemma by mki: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2010
Sorry. Error in typing. I mean she must have found out you are not the criminal she thought you were.

(1) (Reply)

Cultural Question: In-law Related Please Help / Why Speaking English Can Make You Poor When You Retire / Notions About These Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.