Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

Pls Read This! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Read This! (538 Views)

Latest Development for clients @ Auto-lounge-by-chronx;pls Read. / Pls Read: "Why You Should Do Bizness With Us" - Auto-lounge-by-chronx. / Tokunbo 2001 Mazda Tribute Jeep(usa Spec) For Just N550k Pls Read! No Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Read This! by volasunkan: 12:52am On Jun 21, 2010
I read this in www.punchng.com and was shocked

I wish to express my displeasure with the above mentioned (Honda Civic) car (chassis number: JHMFD16718S405940), which I purchased from the Honda Place at their Akin Adesola office in Victoria Island, Lagos on 03/03/2009.

My enjoyment of the use of the car has been severely limited by the series of problems it has presented since I purchased it. I visited their various service centres several times without a lasting solution. (Please see attached an acknowledgement copy of a formal complaint made in April 2010). In summary, I have encountered the following problems from the date of purchase: 1. Water leakage to the floor of the car (I strongly believe this is manufacturing defect and the car smells 24/7; 2. Window-related problems, which Honda officials confirmed is a manufacturing defect (this poses security issue); 3. Fuel gauge malfunctioning 4; Poor air-conditioning; 5. Vibration of entire car.

The Apapa workshop manager called me by end of April after receiving my letter (please see attached), asking me to bring the car down to their Apapa workshop, which I did on 12/05/2010. I spent a full day with them hoping that the problems would be fixed. This did not happen. On the same day I lodged a complaint of a noise from the front wheel (passenger side): The mechanic said it was brake pad, I said NO, then came back to tell me it was stabiliser linkage, I asked him, to reconfirm and assure me he knew what he was doing – He did, I was made to pay N44,000 for the linkage and brake-pad. Immediately I left the premises, the noise level became worse than it was before I took it there. I returned to the workshop the following day, he then opened the bonnet and screwed two knots together, the question is why was I made to pay N44,000?

Therefore, I will appreciate to have a replacement car at the earliest. Please note that I am unable to invest further time to support the Honda team in the repair process. Thank you.

My first line of commendation goes to Mariam for her assertiveness. She bought the car new from a reputable distributor (dear readers, even when buying a used-car, make sure you buy from a reputable dealer); so, she has a legitimate expectation of reasonable comfort that should not be abused. Unlike most Nigerians, she‘s persisted in asking for redress. When she contacted us, and I eventually examined the car, it was just too easy for us to get in touch, on her behalf, with Honda, to state her case for redress.

My second line of praise - some of you may want to disagree with this because of Mariam‘s prior travails in their hands – goes to Honda (Nigeria). As soon as we called them, their senior expatriate managers, unlike some irresponsive corporate fat cats, kept calling me incessantly to let me know that the situation would be remedied. Do you want to know how it ended? OK, I promise to keep you posted.

Lastly, a heart-felt point on this issue, many senior managers in all the major automobile distributorships in Nigeria may not know that, in some cases, their lower management and the supervisory rank staffers cover up for some of the exuberant drug-heads among the drivers (who drive in the vehicles from the ports to their yards).

In rule-of-law-respecting jurisdictions like the US and EU-zone, when new vehicles are involved in accidents, before they are sold, the buyers (under a strict disclosure rules) are told about the accidents and the repairs effected (notwithstanding that the vehicles would have been perfectly repaired, with no ostensible sign of accidented-damage). And ”knock-off discounts” rights are duly obliged the buyers. Here, from my reliable sources in the trade, the vehicles are patched-up and sold as new, with no disclosure and no discounts, to the buyers. Haba!
Re: Pls Read This! by chelseabmw(m): 1:49am On Jun 21, 2010
terrible.shocking.unbelievable

(1) (Reply)

Auto Insurance / 3x Peugeot 406: 2.0sv 16v Automatic 1999 Fabric / Cream Leather! / MY INTRODUCTION TO NAIRALAND: 2005 Camry @ N 2m - Lagos Cleared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.