Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem (904 Views)

USA Used HP Elitebook 840 G4 Core I5 7th Generation With Backlight Keyboard. / My Acer Aspire One D270 Just Breakdown. I Need A Replacement / Please Help Me With My Acer Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2018
Please help. I have been using this laptop (acer aspire 5332) with no issues since i bought it (fairly used) last year but after finishing a graphic design job and switching it off some nights ago, i switch it on the next morning and the backlight refuses to come on. The laptop turns on and i can see it booting and asking for my password on the screen if i point a very bright torch on the screen. I have tried booting into the bios and it is still dark, i have tried the FN + brightness keys its still not working. I haven't hooked up an external monitor because i dont know where to find one and i know it (ext. monitor) will work fine since its not a software problem. So please what do i do?
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2018
If you're in Lagos, go to Westminster Apapa or Computer village.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2018
I know that i'm supposed to take it to an engineer but i'm currently broke and besides i'm in school (AAU ekpoma) and i know for sure that it is going to cost a lot of money since the screen or backlight might not be on ground. also they don't have good engineers here.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2018
You should be able to get fellow students that can help. Look around. Ask friends.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2018
and it was this small graphics design i was expecting will earn me some cash so i can save up and get a new phone. I'm currently posting from a roommie's phone
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 10:28am On Aug 08, 2018
after doing some google search i also saw that it could be the backlight inverter that is not receiving enough or wrong voltage, trying out the solution required me to take the laptop apart and was just too complicated. i am not the hardware kind of guy
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 10:30am On Aug 08, 2018
after doing some google search i also saw that it could be the backlight inverter that is not receiving enough or wrong voltage, trying out the solution required me to take the laptop apart and was just too complicated. i am not the hardware kind of guy. And i dont want to do anymore damage.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by udemzyudex(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2018
chibatov:
I know that i'm supposed to take it to an engineer but i'm currently broke and besides i'm in school (AAU ekpoma) and i know for sure that it is going to cost a lot of money since the screen or backlight might not be on ground. also they don't have good engineers here.

I can recommend a good engineer in Edo state.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by udemzyudex(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2018
chibatov:
after doing some google search i also saw that it could be the backlight inverter that is not receiving enough or wrong voltage, trying out the solution required me to take the laptop apart and was just too complicated. i am not the hardware kind of guy. And i dont want to do anymore damage.

You might end up damaging the motherboard if you don't know what you're doing.

I can recommend a good laptop engineer in Edo state.
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2018
udemzyudex:

You might end up damaging the motherboard if you don't know what you're doing.

I can recommend a good laptop engineer in Edo state.
I'm sorry i'm currently broke and don't really want to leave ekpoma just because of my laptop screen
Re: My Acer Aspire Laptop BACKLIGHT Problem by chibatov(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2018
Help, anyone please

(1) (Reply)

Direct UK Used ultra slim Acer Laptop Core I5 With Keyboard Light @70k / SOLD!! DELL LATITUDE E6440 Core i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HDD @80k / 5 Laptop For Sale In Lekki Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.