Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

I Will Create New Income Streams If Elected Imo Governor - Okey Ezeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Create New Income Streams If Elected Imo Governor - Okey Ezeh (266 Views)

Watch The Moment INEC Declares Apc’s Uzodimma Winner, Re-elected Imo Governor / INEC Replaces Lawrence Ezeh With Adaku Ogbu-Aguocha, 3 Weeks After Election / Throwback Poster Of Rochas Okorocha Campaigning Under PDP For Imo Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Create New Income Streams If Elected Imo Governor - Okey Ezeh by chidiebereop: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Financial management expert and top contender for Imo gubernatorial seat, Mr. Okey Ezeh has assured Imo people that when elected his administration will create new income streams and build a local economy that will be among the three largest state economies in Nigeria.

He gave this assurance while receiving members of the Greater Imo Initiative who visited his campaign office at New Owerri on Wednesday to convey their endorsement of his candidature.

Ezeh, who is seeking the nomination of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA affirmed that he is passionate about creating value in all ramifications, and vowed that his stewardship will reposition the economy of the state as a matter of priority.

"Our economy must be well managed and the people’s resources must be used for their benefit. Our finances need to be rejigged. That is the first surgical operation I must do.

"Imo State is not efficiently managed financially as it ought to be.  It earns N3.2 bn every month and spends N4.5bn. In elementary economics, the only way to stay afloat is to increase revenue or cut cost," he highlighted.

The accomplished banker regretted that the incumbent administration has done nothing to increase revenues. "Our IGR is a paltry N456m. We have Irrevocable Standard Payment Orders (ISPOs) which are derivable from bond proceeds we have drawn in the past. Imo has not been properly run. Borrowing money is not the problem; lots of money have been borrowed," Ezeh decried.

He went further to disclose that Imo is 77 per cent dependent on the dwindling federal allocation, and averred that oil is a cold comfort and fleeing resource that lacks sustainability.

According to him, "Looking at the dynamics of the oil economy, countries that have had hydrocarbon fuel as mainstay are rejigging their strategy. UAE and Saudi Arabia will exit oil by 2030. Car makers like Volvo have put a deadline for 2019 to stop the production of diesel engines. Toyota will stop production of diesel engines at the end of this year. No one imports Nigeria’s oil. We might have countries like India taking our oil, but how far can that last? In the last five years, the oil economy has change dramatically, and it will continue to change.

"So, states that are dependent on allocations are living on borrowed times," he insisted.

Ezeh however promised to open up other sectors of the state's economy in order to create wealth and permanently keep the wolf of unemployment out of the state.

"Imo state has potential in the rubber plantation, oil palm production, cassava and cashew. We have vast resources. Agro-produce is goldmine yet untapped. What we need to do in creating opportunities for young people is adding value to these natural endowments."

Re: I Will Create New Income Streams If Elected Imo Governor - Okey Ezeh by correctguy101(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Has it ever occurred to anyone that they'll get the votes if they ever create the jobs first? Or any so-called political promise?

Oh, I forget, this is politics. Nigerian politics for that matter
Re: I Will Create New Income Streams If Elected Imo Governor - Okey Ezeh by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
OK Apga can save Imo state from the evil machinations of the current hausa man ruling them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Invasion: Saraki, APC Reps Demand Full Probe / Minister Of Information And Culture, Lai Mohammed Inaugurates Rehabilitation Of / PDP Cries Out Over Alleged Plot To Arrest Saraki, Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.