Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,796 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) (28052 Views)

Fans Excited As Osimhen Dribbles Gattuso In Napoli's Training (Photos) / Lionel Messi's New Look As He Resumes Training (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by coolcatty: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
This life ehen....
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by popsyleo1: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Rip
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by DonroxyII: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

The truth is there is nothing sudden about sudden death, apart from those caused by forced trauma.

Most of these ‘sudden’ death are related to preventable heart diseases or diabetic conditions that have been there for months, if not years and a simple Doctor’s with physical and blood work done can detect, then prevent them.

Some simple tests prevent this that your doctor can run is...

1. A1c test to see how you are on the diabetes chart.

2. Cholesterol check.

3. EKG test.

4. Calcium scoring test is a good one as well.

These four test ran at least yearly, including HBP test and with proper follow up of the result by the doctor can be the difference between life n death.

It does not matter if you look healthy or going to the gym regularly or in active sport....in fact, depending on the results from the test about, your doctor may even advice you to quit gym or active sport completely, this way to shield the heart from additional stress conditions that will make it give up suddenly.
thanks and may your head continue to be enriched !!
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by pacificom: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
owukpa:
The death has been announced of a young Idoma-born Benue State volleyball coach, Isaac Ijigba.
[url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM[/url] gathered that the deceased fell during training Tuesday morning while trying to pick the ball. He was rushed to the hospital but passed away this morning.

Until his demise, Ijigba was a coach with the Invaders Club, Otukpo.

Meanwhile, friends and colleagues of the young athlete had flooded his wall with mobbing tributes and elegies.

http://www.idomavoice.com/2018/08/idoma-born-volleyball-coach-isaac-ijigba-slumps-during-training-dies-in-hospital.html

Why are these sportsmen all dying of heart attack? Steven keshi, Amodu shuaibu, and many others gone in same manner before this guys. The impression is that when you do sport everyday you keep your heart healthy, but its a contradictory result we are experiencing. RIP !
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Effico5real(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

The truth is there is nothing sudden about sudden death, apart from those caused by forced trauma.

Most of these ‘sudden’ death are related to preventable heart diseases or diabetic conditions that have been there for months, if not years and a simple Doctor’s with physical and blood work done can detect, then prevent them.

2. Cholesterol check.

3. EKG test.

These four test ran at least yearly, including HBP test and with proper follow up of the result by the doctor can be the difference between life n death.

It does not matter if you look healthy or going to the gym regularly or in active sport....in fact, depending on the results from the test about, your doctor may even advice you to quit gym or active sport completely, this way to shield the heart from additional stress conditions that will make it give up suddenly.
please which one is alc
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by linearity: 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Effico5real:
please which one is alc

It is A1c and not alc.

When you do this test, you get a number from 4 to 14, which is a score of how diabetic you are....6 is the borderline number, so anything below is considered good, but lower is better....anything above 6 is not good and the higher the worse.

This test take into account the level of sugar in your in blood for the previous 3 months.

The good news is, if known on time these conditions can be managed.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by sacajawea: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

It is A1c and not alc.

When you do this test, you get a number from 4 to 14, which is a score of how diabetic you are....6 is the borderline number, so anything below is considered good, but lower is better....anything above 6 is not good and the higher the worse.

This test take into account the level of sugar in your in blood for the previous 3 months.

Are you a Dr
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Duru009(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Too much of drugs n steroid
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
linearity:

2. Cholesterol check.

3. EKG test.

advise noted. thanks alot
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
RIP cool
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by davillian(m): 12:08am On Aug 09, 2018
soberdrunk:
Kai! Such a fit looking young man, when Death comes you cannot escape it......... angry
They say exercise is good for the health and yet people still die in the process. I tire
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by skolar49: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2018
rip coach cry cry cry, a great motivator and teacher, you taught me a lot in this game.
he didn't just slump, he fell and hit his head on a slab. was rushed to the hospital but did not make it.
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by geepeety77: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2018
R.I.P Isaac.
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Donyswit(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2018
skolar49:
rip coach cry cry cry, a great motivator and teacher, you taught me a lot in this game.
he didn't just slump, he fell and hit his head on a slab. was rushed to the hospital but did not make it.
Please did u experience his death first hand? he's my friend, we lived in the same apartment in Makurdi just before he left for Abuja a year ago, please u can contact me on donyswit@gmail.com or leave me ur e-mail here, thanks
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
He looks fit but may have not been monitoring his bp of recent. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by Effico5real(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
linearity:

It is A1c and not alc.

Thanks I think I need to do it cause am having some chest and heart pains I don't understand
Re: Isaac Ijigba Slumps And Dies During Training (Photos) by airminem(f): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2020
RIP MY MAN. MAKES IT TWO YEARS YOU DEPARTED TO BEYOND. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL IJIGBA

(1) (2) (Reply)

VAR Ruled Out First Goal In History Of EPL As Man City Hammered West Ham 5-0 / How Do I Stop Betting? / Tokyo Olympics 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.