Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Lets Call Airtel To Order. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lets Call Airtel To Order. (410 Views)

Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions / Bharti Airtel To List African Unit, Sell Tower Business In Bid To Slash Debt / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Call Airtel To Order. by ObservantFellow: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
About two weeks ago, I managed to find a way to get an agent online on the evasive Airtel Customer Care with regards to the fraudulent deductions of N50 on numerous occasions through random services provided by '902'. During my conversation with the agent, I clearly let him understand that I 'NEVER' activated any 'pop-ups' but for the interest of peace and wanting to see the back of these deductions, I asked him to deactivate all those services on my account and even complied with his directive to activate partial DND on my line. Since then, I had been free of these deductions, until TODAY.
Around 2:00pm, I saw a text message on my phone from 'Airtel' thanking me for subscribing to Airtel Data and inviting me to enjoy their Sport service. I chose the option of opting out and sent EPL in a text message to 11101. Behold, I got a text message from the 11101 saying I didn't have enough credit to subscribe to the service. Note that this was what Airtel said would opt me out if I sent it.
As if on cue, I got a follow-up message from the dreaded '902', saying SUB could not be started on my Airtel Mobile. As I'm typimg this message, four more messages had arrived from 902 on the same subscription issue.

My inferences are as follows:
1. Airtel tried to trick me into subscribing for a service by sending me wrong information on how to opt out.
2. Had there been sufficient airtime on my account, the message from 11101 may never had come. In its place, a deduction would have taken place.
3. Contrary to the Customer Care agent claims that I activated a pop-up for the services the helped me deactivate, I saw clearly how 902 has been making demands on my account balance due to no fault of mine.
4. I only shudder to think of what would be the fate of those who didn't know how they manage to be losing airtime, or those who have no idea how to reach their customer care agents.

So, I ask concerned persons to please advise me on the proper way to report them to relevant agencies so as to ensure that these fraudulent incursions and deductions from one's account balance are curtailed. I'll be running a google search on these shortcomings and how they are reported and will give updates, so that together, we can stop this craziness of theirs.

Below are the screenshots of today's text messages in chronological order.

Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by ekensi01: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
I Thought It Was Only Me.
I Switched To Mtn Now.
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by ekensi01: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
Thats How I Subscribed For Social Plans And Its Only Facebook That Is Working. Airtel Fall My Hand
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by polimaf(m): 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Airtel always deduct #100 from me every weekend and their customer center rep said their system cannot detect the withdrawals.... So, I stop having up to a hundred naira in my phone once it's Thursday
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by ObservantFellow: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
It's not only you o. Not so long ago, I had #500 on my account. Everyday, this service or that service from 902 would deplete my account balance until I couldn't find a dime on my account. It was the reason I hunted down a means to call an Airtel agent and had him deactivate every single one. Only for them to turn up again so soon.
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by megafaraday(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
I stopped recharging the line until they come back to their senses

Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by Kharol1234: 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
airtel na thief just last week dae remove #30 out #600 i was havin sayin if u want to learn french txt so so to dis numba tried callin costumer care but to no avail as i just make d smal cal i fit do i transfer d remainin airtym giv my mama.... airtel cal rate is vry high #200 for 3mins airtel na tif ooo i tire 4 dem
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by ayodijex(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
Everyone with the deduction issues, what brand of phones are you using?
Re: Lets Call Airtel To Order. by OneCorner: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2018
Airtel I call you to order cool

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell Bitcoin Of N50,000 (lagos State Only) / ... / Get Your Professionally Designed Blog For Just #5,000 - 48hrs Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.