Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Chelsea Seal Record £71.6m Kepa Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Seal Record £71.6m Kepa Deal (420 Views)

Sunny Ojeagbase Is Dead! Complete Sports Founder Dies At 71 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Seal Record £71.6m Kepa Deal by sheylarhh(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
CHELSEA tonight confirmed Kepa's £71.6million world-record signing from Athletic Bilbao - after selling Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid.

Kepa's fee is the highest ever for a keeper - beating the £67m Liverpool paid Roma for Brazil's Alisson just last month.

Kepa, 23, told Chelsea's website: "It’s a very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life.

'So many things attracted me to the club, all the titles the club has won, the other players, the city, the English Premier League.

"It’s an accumulation of things, and I am very glad Chelsea has decided to trust me and to take me in as well."

Kepa had a medical earlier today after the Blues paved the way for his arrival 24 hours earlier by paying Bilbao his release clause.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: "Kepa is a talent we have admired for a long time and we are extremely excited about his arrival.

"He has already demonstrated fantastic quality and consistency and will be a big part of any success Chelsea have in the coming years.

"His long-term contract reflects the belief we have in him and we look ahead to the coming seasons with an enormous sense of optimism.’

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11466355/chelsea-seal-71-6m-kepa-arrizabalaga-signing-from-athletic-bilbao

Re: Chelsea Seal Record £71.6m Kepa Deal by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Transfer market has become crazy courtesy of Arab money (PSG) who triggered Neymar's release clause.

The height of the goal keeper may be an advantage to him sha.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Becomes The 3rd Most Bdecorated Footballer Of All Time / Official: Udinese Signs Troost-Ekong / Alan Shearer Names The Best Foreign Player In The Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.