Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Starting A Clothing Line With Low Funds - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Everything You Need To Know About Starting A Clothing Line With Low Funds (702 Views)

CYPAID: A Nairalander In The USA Launches His Clothing Line / Asowunmi - A 26years Old Nigerian Lady Gets $1m For A Clothing Line In Lagos / I Need Labels For My Clothing line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Starting A Clothing Line With Low Funds by Dilianne(f): 3:56am On Aug 09, 2018
This interview is probably the best you'll ever read about starting a clothing line with little or no funds!

It's short precise and workable. It also touches every area and kick starts you on your journey to greatness in the fashion industry.

Everyday Greatness with Dilianne; Featuring the CEO of E2N clothiers.

DA: What you finally decided to startup, what was the first step you took?

Anietie: First off, the key to starting anything/business is first learning. I didn't just jump into the whole idea of being a CEO or owning a clothing line. I had months of working under/with people who had their own businesses standing/working. Learning from them, learning how to source for fabrics, where you consider fabric color, texture, and purpose.
I had to learn about time management, dealing with different types of clients, how to get clients, how to get materials even down to button selection.
All these were done even before I decided to unveil my logo and name of business and eventually started registration of the company under the corporate affairs commission.

DA: How much did you startup with and how were you able to raise funds?

Anietie: How much Started with basically nothing! The thing is at the beginning, I decided to start making wears for myself. So I was my Model, my bill board, my advert and my marketer.
I will usually let the client know the cost of production, add cost of transportation and that's it. Initially I wasn't adding anything for profit. I just wanted to create a client base and awareness.
Raising funds were from my pocket money which was barely enough to feed me and buy my materials for projects (I was an Architecture student so you may have an idea of how often we had to buy instruments and print for projects).

You can read the rest of this interview by clicking the link below!

https://dilianne.com/2018/06/the-king-behind-the-masterpiece-apparel-e2n-clothiers/

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Starting A Clothing Line With Low Funds by Dilianne(f): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
Find out more on www.dilianne.com cool

(1) (Reply)

Quality Evening Outfit For Ladies: / Ambi Skin Care Fade Cream For Oily Skin / Used Wedding Gown For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.