Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois (303 Views)

Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever / Chelsea Sign Jorginho On A Five-year Deal From Napoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois by damickey(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2018

The uncertainty in Chelsea’s goalkeeping department ahead of the 2018/19 football season has been sorted out as the Blues have signed Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao.

Kepa arrives in a record deal from the Basque club worth £71 million, making him the current most expensive goalkeeper in football presently.

The Spanish international will replace Belgium international Thibaut Courtois who has joined Real Madrid.

“It’s a very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life,” Kepa told the club’s official website.

“So many things attracted me to the club, all the titles the club has won, the other players, the city, the English Premier League. It’s an accumulation of things, and I am very glad Chelsea has decided to trust me and to take me in as well.”

Chelsea Director Marina Granovskaia also spoke on the Blues’ latest addition:

“Kepa is a talent we have admired for a long time and we are extremely excited about his arrival. He has already demonstrated fantastic quality and consistency and will be a big part of any success Chelsea have in the coming years. His long-term contract reflects the belief we have in him and we look ahead to the coming seasons with an enormous sense of optimism.”

The club has made it clear that they would only allow Courtois to leave Stamford Bridge this summer if they found a suitable replacement for the Belgian.

“Chelsea and Real Madrid have tonight agreed terms for the permanent transfer of Thibaut Courtois subject to the agreement of personal terms and passing a medical,” a statement from Chelsea read.

“Subject to the completion of the deal Mateo Kovacic will join the Blues on a season-long loan.”

SOURCE :-https://savechelsea.net/chelsea-sign-kepa-to-replace-courtois/
Re: Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
He's welcome
Re: Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois by fredagu: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2018
Bastard coutois wil feel it wen navas bench him
Re: Chelsea Sign Kepa To Replace Courtois by pizzylee(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2018
Like if u hate courtois

(1) (Reply)

₦50-100k Fantasy Premier League Monthly Prize. Start Today B4 First Game Kickoff / Neymar Picks Arsenal Over Manchester United / George Weah: Former World Player Of The Year Plays For Liberia Aged 51

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.