Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

See Abuja Rail Train Fares - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (19658 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Lagos Tests The Blue Rail Train Service (Video) / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by DisGuy: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
diliekene:
Bruh look to be sincere it is meant for the poor people that can not afford to own car or when fuel prices go up come on Bruh to be honest

na wa o, Lets all just give up right now!

half baked...everywhere shocked

Crazy thing is many people are even blaming the govt for not getting Japanese style bullet trains LMAO, if you can't afford the price of standard gauge how they heck are you expecting to get jets on rails?

3 Likes

Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by diliekene: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
obailala:
Haha... Just the exact mindset I was talking about. But I'm sorry you are wrong!

Now let's analyse this, a train is faster, more comfortable and safer than cars. Trains and railway systems are also far more expensive to maintain than cars and road. So bro, what exactly is the logic behind this expectation that trains should be cheaper than cars or buses?

Apparently many do not know that rail transport is more expensive than road transport in developed countries. As an extreme (bizarre) example, it cost more to catch the train from London to Edinburgh in the UK than to catch a flight which gets you there in a tiny fraction of the time. A bus for that same journey gets you there at twice the time but 1-tenth of the cost of the train ticket. In a nutshell, modern trains aren't cheaper in the developed world.

MODERN trains are not meant to be 'poverty alleviation schemes', we just watch too many indian movies where you see old rickety trains with the poor sitting on the roof, that I believe is where we mostly draw this idea from that trains should be for the poor.
thank you for that piece of information that was quite enlightened never knew that

1 Like

Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by seguno2: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
buhariguy:
Buhari has done it again,
Buhari till 2023.

16 wasted years of PDP built the Abuja metro and the Kaduna-Abuja railways, which Buhari completed.
20 years of APC in Lagos with Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode have failed to build just one small light rail after Buhari cancelled Jakande’s metro in 1984.
Buhari has also failed to complete the Lagos-Ibadan express road.
Think about all that.
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by ishayaauta(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
thatigboman:
just imagine. Abj-kd is 500. Or have they increased that.
No it's #1,500 while by car is #800-#1200 depending on your negotiation skill's
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by waveman2: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
Go to europe(france, UK ,etc) train is cheaper than taking a cab even the speed train. Stop displaying your ignorance here. I know u, re a local champion

obailala:
Trains are faster, safe, more comfortable and more luxurious. Trains are not meant to be cheaper; they aren't cheaper anywhere in the world (except maybe we're advocating for those Bangladesh trains were passengers sit atop).
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by aforosco(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
mu2sa2:
Abuja airport to town is 5k per cab.
Yes go to Central area and take cab to airport and tell. E now much they will ask from you.I am not saying Jabi to Airport.(arrd 3k).Cab with A/C like what the train will offer you will charge you like 5k.It maybe 4.5k but it aill be more than 4k from biz area to Airport
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by ishayaauta(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
DeeGeeNee:
Not too bad IMHO. The cost far outweigh the risk of plying Abuja-kaduna road with the incessant killings, kidnappings and accidents occurring on that route of recent. How much is #1000 knowing you will get to your destination in one piece and on time. Even the commercial drivers have increased their fare to almost 1000 or 1500

Train is #1,500 to Kaduna from Abuja. From here to Kaduna is #800-#1200 depending on how you negotiate with the driver while from Abuja to Zaria is #1200
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by obailala(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
waveman2:
Go to europe(france, UK ,etc) train is cheaper than taking a cab even the speed train. Stop displaying your ignorance here. I know u, re a local champion

Cab you say?... lol... Even average primary school pupils know that a private car charter service would ordinarily be more expensive than taking public facilities such as buses or trains. Does everything have to be spelt out to you?... abi you be chudren?

Common sense should have told you that I wasn't referring to private services such as a chartered cab.
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by piagetskinner(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
this is good...that's what we need in Nigeria ...continuity!

it is childishness to Abadon a project your predecessor started because you do not like his face...

remember it is all about the collective good of all Nigeria.
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by alfonso36(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
Babyforever:
One of Jonathan's achievement buharia is trying to take the glory...... wise up Nigerians
common this line is old already please look for another line sweetie
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by thatigboman: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
ishayaauta:

No it's #1,500 while by car is #800-#1200 depending on your negotiation skill's
ok tnx. Joined d train to kd once. Fair price. How comes central area to airport. 40 mins ride by train will be 1k while abj to kd that is 3 hrs is 1,500
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by thatigboman: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
alfonso36:
common this line is old already please look for another line sweetie
ok. The new line is the rail project was started and completed by buhari 100%
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by ishayaauta(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
thatigboman:
ok tnx. Joined d train to kd once. Fair price. How comes central area to airport. 40 mins ride by train will be 1k while abj to kd that is 3 hrs is 1,500

If you ask me, na who I go ask lolz

Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by mu2sa2: 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
aforosco:
Yes go to Central area and take cab to airport and tell. E now much they will ask from you.I am not saying Jabi to Airport.(arrd 3k).Cab with A/C like what the train will offer you will charge you like 5k.It maybe 4.5k but it aill be more than 4k from biz area to Airport
It is cheaper going to the airport because any cab can take you there. But only union cabs are allowed to take passengers from the airport to town and they charged a fixed rate - note that its per cab.
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by waveman2: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
I, very stay in Europe and I can tell u the buss service is even more expensive than train. Keep quiet. Local champion.

obailala:
Cab you say?... lol... Even average primary school pupils know that a private car charter service would ordinarily be more expensive than taking public facilities such as buses or trains. Does everything have to be spelt out to you?... abi you be chudren?

Common sense should have told you that I wasn't referring to private services such as a chartered cab.

Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by obailala(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
waveman2:
I, very stay in Europe and I can tell u the buss service is even more expensive than train. Keep quiet. Local champion.

Where do you stay in Europe?... I'd really love to know where the train service is cheaper than the bus...

And please cut this your childish "local champion" crap already.
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by ubox: 12:18am On Aug 10, 2018
HotMario:
I feel it is too expensive considering the economic situation of the country
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by ubox: 12:21am On Aug 10, 2018
obailala:
Trains aren't necessarily meant to be cheap. They allow for faster, safer, more comfortable transportation. I wonder why so many people just have the mindset that trains should be cheap
And these same people would be looking for bullet trains in Nigeria when that doesn't come cheap
Re: See Abuja Rail Train Fares by DisGuy: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2018
waveman2:

Give us examples. Duration and price

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion At Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 28) / Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.