Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos (21628 Views)

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Codes151(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
But the Indian guy never said anything about you being a Nigerian. Op is jumping into conclusions.
people change mind a lot esp on fiverr ... Don't know why he's making a big fuss about nothing

3 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by fabianblaise: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
OP you're being too quick to judge. I've worked with many clients from all over the world on fiverr. 80% of them from USA, Canada, and the UK. They don't care about your nationality. They only care that you can deliver quality work.

Even if you're right, you shouldn't let it affect you. Them's the shakes. Just keep pushing.

I've even had one customer that was surprised at the quality of work (article writing, email autoresponders, landing pages, etc) that they got from a "third-world writer", thanks to my constant reading habit. I alwaysmake sure to point out that Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Okey Ndibe and the likes and others are from Third World countries.

Any client that won't work with you because of your nationality isn't the kind of client you want anyway. Trust me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by lakefist(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
grossintel:
Op seems your new to freelancing. You should be glad you didn't work for him, Indian clients are the most ungrateful beings on earth, very rude! When you do the work finish, they will ask for never ending revisions and give you sleepless nights then crown with a 3 star review. I don't work for them, and never will.

Thank you jare. I think the op is new to freelancing world.

1 Like

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Checked86: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
That is not racism. It is countrism

1 Like

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
Youngadvocate:
More

Lalasticlala, CrazyMan, 1forall, Nigerians need to see this.

Leave the guy alone. Since you don't have his desired skillset let him source for it by himself.

Maybe he's running away because he realised you will charge a broker/finder's fee which will automatically increase his cost. And you're probably eager to insert yourself into the transaction for that same reason.

1 Like

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Dhayor001(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2018
Very typical.

Someone says he is busy, he has the courtesy of telling you that and you assume he is snubbing you because you are a Nigerian?

Abeg, take a couple of seats.

If you were worth your salt, you wouldn't assume this was happening because you are a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by fabianblaise: 1:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
grossintel:
Op seems your new to freelancing. You should be glad you didn't work for him, Indian clients are the most ungrateful beings on earth, very rude! When you do the work finish, they will ask for never ending revisions and give you sleepless nights then crown with a 3 star review. I don't work for them, and never will.

I agree with you bruh. Indians are notoriously difficult to work with and will often make unreasonable requests for modification.

2 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by fabianblaise: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Leave the guy alone. Since you don't have his desired skillset let him source for it by himself.

Maybe he's running away because he realised you will charge a broker/finder's fee which will automatically increase his cost. And you're probably eager to insert yourself into the transaction for that same reason.

Good point.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by IMASTEX: 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
izzou:
I don't blame the man.

Nigeria is all over the news for drug peddling, scams, fraud, human trafficking, terrorism and the rest.

I understand how you feel. But put yourself in the man's shoes too. He was just trying to play safe.
True. It is purely being conscious. Even doing business online in Nigeria with fellow Nigerians isn't equally easy due to distrust.

2 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by wman(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
OP is an idiot. Fiverr can ban your account for this conversation. The Indian guy never said anything wrong.
I've worked with at least 5 Indian clients and they were good to me despite the fact that people run away from them.

Nairaland mods should verify topics before moving them to the front page.

5 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Acidosis(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2018
I see nothing here, except for the irrelevant rant from a desperate writer hoping to get a graphics design job.

If I have access to fiverr control room, I would have you banned on his behalf.

6 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by pat1612(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
Bangladesh is a country and is in no way related to INDIA.
Oga OP change it to you lost Bangladesh client
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by KratosCorp: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
Can you write exceptional articles on men's health? Specifically on natural testosterone supplements and all round fitness.

BigSarah:
At least you get orders on fiverr regardless of your location, people that don't nko? Like yours truly cry
Fiverr.com/sarahekwueme

Who do we blame?
Buhari? , Apc?
No!
We blame every adult that voted in 2015 general elections, I'm glad I'm old enough to get my pvc, I'm gonna use it whether the vote counts or not.

Meanwhile,
Help this undergraduate Stay in business, check signature for more info
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
Mr man.. Bangladesh is not India.
Bangladesh is a fully independent country .

2 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2018
Youngadvocate:
This is the first time I would ever see this.

I just got a message on Fiverr this morning from a potential client from Bangladesh, India.

I replied and he told me he needed a Graphics Designer. Unfortunately, I'm not one. I'm just a Copywriter and Digital Marketer.

But, I offered to help him get a professional that can give him a "topnotch design." He gladly and instantly accepted.

However, there was a sharp twist of discussion when he asked me "where are you from?" and I told him I'm from Nigeria, which my Fiverr profile clearly shows. (Perhaps, he didn't see it).

As soon as I told him, he said he was busy to chat with me and bade me good bye.

But I wouldn't let him. And we had some exchange of words which I want to share with you guys.

Bangladesh isn't India.

Bangladesh is a fully independent country which broke out from Pakistan more than 40years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
This has nothing to do with racism but with what they hear about nigerians.tell me why a foreign business client would want to do business with u if he knows u nigerian when all they hear about nigeria is scams,drug peddling,kidnapping and what have u. And nigeria glorifies internet fraudsters(yahoo boys) and drug peddlers. I no blame dat indian guy oo. Even me dats a nigerian i will equally refuse doing business with u online if i know u are a nigerian... Except i know u personally. What i come to find out is dat u have to be very careful with anything dat has to do with nigerian or nigeria on the internet. We are scam personified.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by TEYA: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
At least you get orders on fiverr regardless of your location, people that don't nko? Like yours truly cry
Fiverr.com/sarahekwueme

Who do we blame?
Buhari? , Apc?
No!
We blame every adult that voted in 2015 general elections, I'm glad I'm old enough to get my pvc, I'm gonna use it whether the vote counts or not.

Meanwhile,
You mean you blame Buhari for the world seeing us as scammers? No, blame Yahoo boys and their millions of fans that litter nairaland. When Falz sings, criticising advance fee fraud, young Nigerians attack him. When people like me condemn Yahoo Yahoo, it is largely because of the bad image it gives Nigeria, but Nigerian youths see things differently. Travel out of Nigeria and introduce yourself as a Nigerian and watch them run for their lives.

3 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by ladywriter(f): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
When it comes to freelance work online, I have my rules.

I have suffered severally online as a Nigerian. When I started freelancing online (on Freelancer.com), I completed two projects that should have brought in around $700, but they did not pay. The two of them were Indians. One said it was because I am a Nigerian and that he has been scammed before. So, it was a payback. The second one ran away. Since then, I have rules in place. I don't work for Indians. Most of them are scammers. Very few of them are good.

I will encourage you to stay clear of Indians and their relatives (Bangladesh and co.). If you must work for them, make sure they pay 80% of your project fees.

Secondly, I will encourage you to read my thread on how to get clients on LinkedIn (check my profile). I don't work on any of those websites anymore. I pick my clients. I only work for three clients on a monthly basis and I earn more than what a banker earns in a month. I also have enough time to build my side projects along the line. So, don't waste your time on Fiverr, move on LinkedIn and up your game.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
Immanuels7:
Its not because you are a Nigerian alone, but Nigeria and Nigerians are known for scamming people.. Next time change your location with a VPN...
Its a shame Nigerians are seen as criminals online. Thanks to yahoo boys and "small girls big God" people.
and all these big time yahoo boys and small girls with big Gods(high class runz) will enter chuch requesting pastor to pray for dem for dhier hustles and we also we be glorifying them on social media. I was listening to one mornin radio programme some days ago about one guy who was giving his experience when travelling to tanzania. He said when he was there he came across one guy who is kenyan and a big time hotel business man there. He asked the guy if he wouldnt like to invest in nigeria. The guy said he cant see himself going to nigeria cos nigeria is not a secured place. He also talked about how he did business with one nigerian guy who said he's a pastor and the so called nigerian pastor scammed him and nothin came of it. Abeg too much negativity dey this country. No right thinking foreigner will want to do business with a nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
Fiverr.com/sarahekwueme

Who do we blame?
Buhari? , Apc?
No!

Meanwhile,

With that attitude of yours, hmm, Gudluvk sha
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
But the Indian guy never said anything about you being a Nigerian. Op is jumping into conclusions.
does he need to say it to his face? Its obvious na im naija nationality make d indian guy kawa.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
BlackPeni5:
The racism was implied by the Nigerian guy...I don't blame the indian guy at all. Even me wey be Nigerian no dey do online business with Nigerians.

When our brothers are busy celebrating Yahoo and other forms of fraud, you want others to take us seriously?

we regard yahoo boys as hustlers and we expect foreigners to open up in doing business with uscheesy. Who takes a group seriously that glorifies fraud.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by joey150(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
Fiverr.com/sarahekwueme

Who do we blame?
Buhari? , Apc?
No!

Meanwhile,

Your gig descriptions are so not good.

You need to redo the whole thing.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by druxy(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2018
to me op....seems your low self-esteem also messed with you

4 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by lorhema(f): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
izzou:
I don't blame the man.

Nigeria is all over the news for drug peddling, scams, fraud, human trafficking, terrorism and the rest.

I understand how you feel. But put yourself in the man's shoes too. He was just trying to play safe.

The fact is that Nigerians have earned a very bad name in India in the last decade. You can't blame some Indians for avoiding us. There's a lot of crime by our folks in their country and it's reported widely so wise people would want to stay away, especially when they meet us online.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by jolak5(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
BigSarah:
Fiverr.com/sarahekwueme

Who do we blame?
Buhari? , Apc?
No!

Meanwhile,

You will get orders. I can see you just opened your account

2 Likes

Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by hi3: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
yet he was busy apologising..... Use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by HomeOfMe(f): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
Youngadvocate:
This is the first time I would ever see this.

I just got a message on Fiverr this morning from a potential client from Bangladesh, India.

I replied and he told me he needed a Graphics Designer. Unfortunately, I'm not one. I'm just a Copywriter and Digital Marketer.

But, I offered to help him get a professional that can give him a "topnotch design." He gladly and instantly accepted.

However, there was a sharp twist of discussion when he asked me "where are you from?" and I told him I'm from Nigeria, which my Fiverr profile clearly shows. (Perhaps, he didn't see it).

As soon as I told him, he said he was busy to chat with me and bade me good bye.

But I wouldn't let him. And we had some exchange of words which I want to share with you guys.
I think it was more because of the negative image Nigeria has with fraud/419.
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
Developers don spoil our name finish for abroad
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by newdawn2017(f): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
sykeng:
we are Nigerians till death, if the world don't like us, let them go to hell, in every thing we do they taught us. we have the good, the bad and the ugly. but Bubu shattered/ shattering our image with his incompetency more than any past leader who has graced that position
NIGERIANS!!.... Ahu! *hold hand in a fist*
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by mbagideon(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2018
c dz gee sha yhu dey find client for India how much e go give you na dem rip pass awon ole
Re: Racism: How I Lost India Client On Fiverr Because I'm A Nigerian - Photos by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2018
This post reeks of victim mentality.

The op is suffering from low self esteem.

SMH!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed / Your MBBS Is Not BMLS, Doctors Steer Clear Of The Lab!!! / How Much Do You Spend On Lunch Per Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.