Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows (399 Views)

May Day: Electricity Worker Falls Down Ladder During March-past In Ibadan (Pic) / Buhari Asks Security Forces To ‘Make Insecurity Part Of Nigeria’s History' / Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows by Suncitynews(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2018
A leading gubernatorial aspirant on the platform of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Abia state Sir Chikwe Udensi has reinstated his commitment towards banishing insecurity in the state if elected in 2019, describing it as a clog in the wheel of developmental process.

Sir Udensi, an Interpol Systems Expert made this vow in a chat with Sun City News in Umuahia. He said the importance of adequate security in any society cannot be over emphasized, adding that it is the bedrock of sustainable economic and infrastructural development.

"It is the fulcrum of economic stability, peace and prosperity in the state. A society where insecurity pervades will breed a fertile ground for underdevelopment. This is not the Abia of my dream.

"The quest for stability, growth and prosperity in Abia State can no longer be entrusted in the hands inexperienced fortune tellers who have have for years continued to supervise a mind boggling insecurity in our dear state Abia.

"Our goal is to establish a state with reduced crime rates and formidable for safety to attracting both domestic and foreign investors to maintain stability and growth. There was a time in the history of this country Abia State was recognized as a peace haven for doing business, which made it possible for Aba to be an economic hub of enterprise and industry especially in the South East Region.

"Today, we all can testify that it is the pressure arising from insecurity with frequent occurrences of armed robbery, kidnapping, fraud, not to talk of other challenges such as boundary conflicts, resources control issues, identity conflicts and so many of them" he said.

He expressed regret that the problem of insecurity has become more complex and dynamic in the state even with the huge resources allocated to the state, adding that it requires proactive and drastic measures to bring them to a halt.

"Abia state receives N700 Million monthly which amounts to N8.4 Billion Naira yearly and yet our state is rated as one of the most unsafe in Nigeria and this cannot continue. It is regrettable that this whopping sum is not accounted for and not channeled towards addressing security challenges.

"Inexperienced and poor management of financial security resources has been the bane of maintaining law and order. Recent statistics shows that at least 25 persons are been kidnapped weekly in Abia, this has constantly instilled fear for safety on Abians" he hinted.

He maintained that when elected as the next Abia governor in 2019, the security masterplan he would put in place with his decades of experience will reposition Abia and help it compete favourably with Lagos as a commercial hub.

He re-emphasised that dividends of democracy which includes primary healthcare, qualitative education, infrastructural development, youth empowerment, food security, quality and affordable housing, agricultural development, improved workers welfare and job creation, all these can only be achieve with adequate security.

1 Share

Re: I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows by amaniro: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2018
You got it all wrong thenangry abia state has a very low crime rate. The problem is not security but *INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT*simple!
Re: I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows by SolutionMee: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
Really

Honestly, if I was Bill Gate, the only business I will have with Nigerians is to buy their country. Use it for stock trade in America big firms and allow Top Tech companies to buy a share of it. What I'm saying is that in the realm of my imagination, your Country is sold-off already.

I even heard that your PVC is now on large Chinese online store like Alibaba. You guys should just calm down and chill. Gradually, we're getting there as your Country will soon be on Amazon and the poorest man in America will add it to cart.

Meanwhile, the last time I checked, most underdeveloped countries don't exceed $17 million when put up for sale online. If I'm lucky to be the buyer as an American, it'll be nice having a country dominated with primitive minds and black mentality and refurbishing it after all.

Re: I Will Make Insecurity A Thing Of The Past In Abia, Udensi Vows by Bluezy13(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
They don't even know their problem cheesy

Abia state, especially Aba, needs just one thing: Good Roads.

Give the hustlers good roads and leave them to develop their state.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday: Dr. Fowler, A Taxation Icon Nigeria Celebrates Today. / No Legal Or Constitutional Basis For Saraki To Resign As SP- Ozekhome / Short History Of Late Former UN Secretary General, Koffi Anan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.