Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Why Does This Happen At All? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does This Happen At All? (527 Views)

See What Will Happen At The Lords Chosen Tomorrow / Eleven (11) Major Things That Are Going To Happen At The Sound Of The Trumpet / We Are In God's Third Day And The Rapture Can Happen At Any Time - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does This Happen At All? by Martinez19(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
When we all pick up a Sherlock Holmes novel to read, we all agree on the meaning in no time and even when we discuss it, we all agree on what the novel says. The same can't be said of holy books. There are always different interpretations and perspectives on what the holy books say. Non-belivers agree on what the bible and other holy books say but it's usually believers who seem to have some interpretation and perspective. Why is this?

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by delkuf(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Martinez19:
When we all pick up a Sherlock Holmes novel to read, we all agree on the meaning in no time and even when we discuss it, we all agree on what the novel says. The same can't be said of holy books. There are always different interpretations and perspectives on what the holy books say. Non-belivers agree on what the bible and other holy books say but it's usually believers who seem to have some interpretation and perspective. Why is this?
The reason can be found in 1cor 1vs21, For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not very God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. You cannot understand God or the Bible with the wisdom of this world. So reading the Bible is different from reading a Sherlock Holmes novels. understanding God or the Bible is just by believing. it may not make sense, just believe.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by enilove(m): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
delkuf:
The reason can be found in 1cor 1vs21, For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not very God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. You cannot understand God or the Bible with the wisdom of this world. So reading the Bible is different from reading a Sherlock Holmes novels. understanding God or the Bible is just by believing. it may not make sense, just believe.

Perfect answer .
Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by delkuf(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2018
enilove:

Perfect answer .
thanks
Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by festwiz(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2018
delkuf:
So reading the Bible is different from reading a Sherlock Holmes novels. understanding God or the Bible is just by believing. it may not make sense, just believe.
The hell did I just read.?? undecided

If your math teacher walked into class and said 1+4= -16, would you just believe it or ask for explanations?? And if the teacher can't explain the stupid postulation, would you still believe??

If your father were to walk up to you and asks you to cut off your genitals so that your life will get better, would you mindlessly do it??

If someone says theist don't think rationally, or use their brains at all, you'd brand it an insult.

SMH

#Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by Martinez19(m): 6:54am On Aug 10, 2018
festwiz:

If your math teacher walked into class and said 1+4= -16, would you just believe it or ask for explanations?? And if the teacher can't explain the stupid postulation, would you still believe??

If your father were to walk up to you and asks you to cut off your genitals so that your life will get better, would you mindlessly do it??

If someone says theist don't think rationally, or use their brains at all, you'd brand it an insult.

SMH

#Peace
grin are you minding him? I simply ignored him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by delkuf(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2018
festwiz:

SMH

#Peace
why are you so in a haste to criticize like this. Do you want to compare your math teacher with God or the this of God. that is why many of us not understand God. An accountant or an economist, will tell you the way to have more money is to save more money, but God tell us that the best way to have more is to give more money. You see it is the things of God. it may not make sense to you, but just believe You math teacher can't prove to you that 1+4=16, but God can. And please don't compare your math teacher with God.
Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by festwiz(m): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2018
delkuf:
You math teacher can't prove to you that 1+4=16, but God can. And please don't compare your math teacher with God.
Okay.

Until your god can teach me Hawking radiation, Quantum dynamics and show even the faintest inkling that he exist, he'll forever remain a piece of shit who gives nothing but pain, misery, and disharmony to the world.

#peace
Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by delkuf(m): 8:00am On Aug 10, 2018
festwiz:
Okay.

Until your god can teach me Hawking radiation, Quantum dynamics and show even the faintest inkling that he exist, he'll forever remain a piece of shit who gives nothing but pain, misery, and disharmony to the world.

#peace
well that is Your take. He hasn't teach me Hawking radiation, or quantum dynamic, but I know He exist. I have been enjoying is love peace and perfection in life, you can. if you will only go to Him with an unbiased mind, and ask to Him to prove His existence to you, He will do it. don't sit somewhere and talk shit about Him, why not ask Him to prove if He really exist. thanks
Re: Why Does This Happen At All? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
festwiz:
Okay.

#peace

A DEITY THAT IS MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT HUMANS DO IN THEIR BEDROOMS THAN ENDING WORLD HUNGER OR DOING ANYTHING REASONABLE IS NOT WORTHY OF OUR PRECIOUS TIME (AND MONEY).

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

It's Arabs' Turn To Receive Salvation Through Jesus Christ / Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Apostle Suleman As He Arrives Enugu / Fraudsters Using Our Pictures, Names To Swindle People Online – Dr.becky Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.