Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate (15442 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by Guide777(m): 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hypocritical APChits!
They can lie to high heaven for mere crumbs.
And this one used to reputable Professor. Chai!
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by udo2018: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
oruma19:
i pity ur parents. poverty has made them loose control of their childrem, eyah...decorum thrown to the dustbin
You can't even spell correctly nor construct a simple correct sentence. You are a perfect example of daftness cum dumbness.
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by VULCAN(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
Didnt you hear that their Grand Patron is in London to see his Drs?

So they too are recuperating till he returns

Schemer360:
Make Una wait......how come we haven't heard about Fulani herdsmens lately, not that I miss the way they kill people but I must admit that ever since some people have decamp, we haven't heard anything like herdsmens attack.....is that the herdsmens are watching the political transfer to other clubs at the moment that make them hold the killings?

Seems everything is a script written by one or group of producers.
Ayam not understanding.
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by Psoul(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
This old fool is stupidly foolish.

Why haven't the Police or the Military employed Evans cos of his expertise, bulk of ideas in security and its like?

Nigeria has finished.
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by kutchs: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
oruma19:
Bro, nysc is useless as far as i'm concerned. It is a killer scheme and there's no integration anywhere (check the bolded u quoted). It is a scheme used in defrauding Nigeria and Nigerians. It has outlived its usefulness. I served 13 yrs ago so i know what i am saying. As per ur insulting a professor, that was wrong; accept it instead of trading words on Nairaland. He has a right to his own thoughts and should express it as he deems fit. You and i know that to be a prof is not beans, he is not stupid, he knows what he is saying. Kemi didn't serve, its obvious but should you throw away a competent actor because of ordinary nysc cert? is she not a graduate? let her finish her job. If u throw away kemi, what about Buhari who doesn't have a school cert? Ur questions as outlined are valid, but the truth remains that this is Nigeria, a land where the illiterates employ the educated. Until we change the "format", things will continue to degenerate. I am surprised u didn't even abuse me in ur response, on that , u showed some decorum and education. But pls don't insult a Prof. again, its not a good thing
First things first.
1) I agree with you to the extent that the NYSC has not meet it's objectives which is a unfortunate rather. Should it be scrapped YES and NO reasons I won't be able to give here now.
There's something about law (positive law) particularly which perhaps you don't appreciate, once a law is promulgated bad or good it acquires a binding force on all to whom it applies. It remains so until it's repealed.

As much as you may say that the NYSC has become irrelevant, it must still be respected until such a time the FG through the NASS repealed the act establishing it.
NYSC certificate isn't ordinary because if it's she wouldn't have to forge it in the first place. Why do you have to take the pains of getting something that isn't of value? If the certificate isn't ordinary you wouldn't be required to present it before employment could be given to you.

Please I beg let us not ridicule national institutions because of our personal interests because the table might change tomorrow. If Mrs Adeosun forged the certificate as alleged, then it's wrong and nobody not least Prof Sagay should defend that. It's corruption and nothing else.

In my comment I don't see where I insulted a 'professor", I merely suggested he needs correction if he makes a dumb statement which is the case here.

Again, when we meet offline, you will know that I'm more than qualified to correct Prof Sagay.
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by KingRagnar: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
If she has done nothing but put the interest of Nigerians in front, helping us recover looted funds to the TSA, why should she he sacked. Aren't there political bodies with higher certification who have carried out more heinous acts against the Nigerians?, pocketed our money like it was their father's wealth bring recovered. Adeosun helped curb the excessive ghost workers we have in the governmental facilities that have limited mist youths from getting employed. She has been nothing but devoted, she need to remain in this government to help with more financial recoveries
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by LaudableXX: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:
What Adeosun did was wrong but I don't support her being fired.
She's done a great job for this government and for Nigerians.
The penalty for forging NYSC certificate is N2000 fine which she should pay and move on.
And Buhari will take 6 months to replace her.
I support her being fired. angry It is not only bad that she failed to serve in the NYSC programme, but the worst part of it, is that she forged her exemption certificate. And she has failed to show any remorse, or apologise for her actions! shocked There is nothing fantastic, that she is doing on that seat. Let her leave. There are more qualified Nigerians, that can do a far better job.

In fact, her continued stay there, (in spite of her illegal actions) is a slap on the face of all those corpers, who went through hardship to serve their fatherland, under the NYSC programme. Some even lost their lives during the service year, while on active duty. undecided Is Adeosun more important than they are? Is her life, more valuable than theirs'?

That =N=2,000 penalty needs to be reviewed, and replaced with a clear-cut prison sentence. sad The NYSC law that mandates compulsory service for graduates under 30 years of age (at the time of graduation) is very clear. Adeosun wants to dance to the tune of Animal Farm (i.e. "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others)". Her nonsense must not be allowed to stand. Rubbbish! angry
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by LaudableXX: 12:04am On Aug 11, 2018
izzou:
She isn't joking

She actually condemned it the first day the news broke out. It's not every time your favorites should be right

Ordinary banks sack and terminate your job if they find out you forged just a birth certificate

You sound brilliant. Don't lose it because of sentiments.

Na true word you talk! sad My heart bleeds for those corpers who lost their lives on active duty during service year, while serving as electoral officers in certain parts of the country, during the 2015 elections. Yet, a so-called Kemi Adeosun forged an easy pass, in order to dodge the NYSC service year. Utter nansense!
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by LaudableXX: 12:07am On Aug 11, 2018
itu404:
some never learn, there is no government in the world that will sack such a brilliance asset just for such reasons. In advance countries the youth do not have time to call for her resignation over such but if she does no problem. let them get a life! even judges look at records/ contribution and status to sentence you.
Which dirty stuvpid brilliance has she exhibited? shocked Is she more brillant than Okonjo-Iweala who served in the World Bank, before becoming Finance Minister under OBJ and paid off Nigeria's debt burden?

Oegbeyem1:
This is why this country will never ever ever move forward. You ask us to sacrifice one year of our lives, we do it and still can't get jobs but someone who forged a certificate, committed a crime by law and should not be employed by any organization in Nigeria should not be sacked. There is no law in Nigeria. Only for the poor.
Don't mind that silly joker. The next organisation that refuses to employ a graduate for failure to produce an NYSC certificate, should be sued, since their grand patron of forgery Kemi Adeosun got away scot free, without undergoing the programme. undecided
Re: Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate by LaudableXX: 12:14am On Aug 11, 2018
kutchs:
First things first.
1) I agree with you to the extent that the NYSC has not meet it's objectives which is a unfortunate rather. Should it be scrapped YES and NO reasons I won't be able to give here now.
There's something about law (positive law) particularly which perhaps you don't appreciate, once a law is promulgated bad or good it acquires a binding force on all to whom it applies. It remains so until it's repealed.

As much as you may say that the NYSC has become irrelevant, it must still be respected until such a time the FG through the NASS repealed the act establishing it.
NYSC certificate isn't ordinary because if it's she wouldn't have to forge it in the first place. Why do you have to take the pains of getting something that isn't of value? If the certificate isn't ordinary you wouldn't be required to present it before employment could be given to you.

Please I beg let us not ridicule national institutions because of our personal interests because the table might change tomorrow. If Mrs Adeosun forged the certificate as alleged, then it's wrong and nobody not least Prof Sagay should defend that. It's corruption and nothing else.

In my comment I don't see where I insulted a 'professor", I merely suggested he needs correction if he makes a dumb statement which is the case here.

Again, when we meet offline, you will know that I'm more than qualified to correct Prof Sagay.
People who say that NYSC has not met its objectives need to be more explicit and define which one of its' objectives, it failed to meet. undecided

There are many communities today in Nigeria, who would never have benefited from the services of a medical doctor or a teacher, if not for the NYSC scheme. sad There are too many community clinics in rural areas being run till today, by the NYSC doctors posted there every year.

Those communities & their people will forever remain grateful, for the NYSC scheme.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People / 300 Youths Denounce Cultism In Bayelsa For Fear Of 20-Year-Jail Term (Photos) / Sign Of Rejection: PDP Mocks Buhari, Tinubu For Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Ra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.