Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Marriage Certificate. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Marriage Certificate. (1377 Views)

Difference In Date Of Birth Of Marriage Certificate And International Passport / Marriage Certificate / Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Certificate. by heryyy(m): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
Please i need an advice,i am a student in the UK and i have the right to bring my wife and baby to live with me with my student visa and i will need a marriage certificate as part of the documentation process but i didnt go for the court wedding just did the normal introduction and traditional wedding thing before i left Nigeria, My question, is it possible to get a marriage certificate in Nigeria while i am here in UK or my appearance will be needed before it can be issue,please i need an advice,thanks.
Re: Marriage Certificate. by MOBO444(f): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
If you have done the introduction and traditional wedding before you left Nigeria i think i am in a right position to give you advice concerning your bringing your family here, i am also in the UK on a student visa and my wife is here with me, we live in the north east of England and i am doing my Masters here.

(1) If you dont have the marriage certificate, your wife must not apply for the student dependant visa till you have got the marriage certificate.
(2) You will have to travel to Nigeria to show evidence of stamping out and stamping in at the airport by immigration, by travelling to Nigeria you would have proven to the embassy that you attended your wedding.
(3) You have to rent a 2 bed room flat in your name here in the UK,before your wife can apply.
(4) You must show a 3 months old bank statement, meaning you must have been in the UK for 3 months before your wife can join you.
(5) You must get a letter from the International office of your University that they aware your wife is coming to the UK.
(6) Your wife may have to show evidence of working in Nigeria,pay slip,bank statement,lettery from company that she is going to the UK as student dependant.
(7) You have to show letter from you landlord that he is aware your wife is coming.
(cool You have to put the money to take care of your wife and child in a UK bank account for 28 days, it should come to something like £8,000 for both of them,you can borrow from your friends to fill it for 28 days.
Re: Marriage Certificate. by heryyy(m): 12:14am On Jun 22, 2010
@MOBO444 thanks alot for the info i have just sent u an email.i hope to get a reply
Re: Marriage Certificate. by funkybaby(f): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2010
@heryyyy and mobo

Are you sure the time required for the funds to be in the account is 28days?

I think it's 90days now (if the account is domiciled in the UK)

I think you should check the ukba website. Rules are being changed/updated.
Re: Marriage Certificate. by Yorubah(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2010
Na wah with all this requirements ooo, and its visa free to heaven LOL. UK wiv there wahala

(1) (Reply)

Revealed No Payment Until Your Visa Is Out / Is This How The Hausas Really Behave Inside Planes? / Any Trusted Person Who Can Do A Taiwan Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.