Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,848 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. (416 Views)

2024 Olympics: Photos Of The USA Table Tennis Team That Beat China / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Anthony Joshua Vs Carlos Takam: Amosun, Dalung & Lai Mohammed To Cheer Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. by Angelanest: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
The National Women’s U-20 football team the Falconets have heaped praises on the Minister of Youth and Sports Barrister Solomon Dalung for cheering them to victory in their 2nd Group D match against Haiti..

Barrister Dalung and House of Representatives member Alhaja Ayo Omidiran were the only Nigerians in the VIP stands when Falconets pipped Haiti by a lone goal to keep their hopes of advancing to the second round alive after losing their opening game.

Captain of the team Famuduti Oluwakemi thanked the Minister for always bringing good luck to the team whenever they are playing.

“I want to thank the Honorable Minister for coming to cheer us to victory today. Whenever he comes to our games, we always win our matches because he motivates us. I want to assure you on behalf of the team that we will work very hard in our next game to qualify and possibly get to the finals”.

Earlier, the Minister congratulated the players for rising above their earlier defeat in the hands of Germany to beat Haiti.

He promised them $10,000 of his personal money if they win their next game against China on Monday.

“I want to congratulate you on your victory today. I bring you greetings from His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari who sent me to come and visit you. I wish to tell you that Nigerians are happy and proud of you and will continue to pray and support you.
“I want to assure you that your winning bonus for this match will be paid today and as a way of further motivating you, I promise to give you $10,000 of my personal contribution if you win your next match against China.

“I know you can do better and I encourage you to keep working hard to make Nigerians proud.”

Similarly, Alhaja Omidiran also promised the players N500,000 if they win their next game.

Rasheedat Ajibade scored the lone goal which now leaves the Falconets second on the Group D table with three points from two games.
Germany top the group with maximum points while China are third and Haiti are hopeless having lost all two games.

NNEKA IKEM ANIBEZE
SA MEDIA
09-08-2018

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/you-brought-goodluck-to-us-falconets-tells-sports-minister-dalung.html

Re: See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. by Angelanest: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. by HungerBAD: 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ok
Re: See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. by fayvoor(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Kk
Re: See How Much Sports Minister, Dalung Promised Falconets If They Can Beat China. by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2018
Lost won.
Won one.

Let's do it girls.
Go for victory.
You can do it!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Celebrities Reveal The Football Clubs They Support / 3 Odd / 20kg Adjustable Chrome Dumbbell With Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.