Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong (10984 Views)

COVID-19: Udo Ekpeyong Is Dead (Akwa-Ibom PDP Chairman) / Gov. Udom Emmanuel Visits Sen. Ekpeyong Over Wife’s Demise (photos) / EFCC Raids Ita Ekpeyong’s House In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by adioolayi(m): 6:57am On Aug 10, 2018
At least, he has been arrested for questioning... No unlawful immunity from Daura preventing EFCC initially.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Eketem: 6:57am On Aug 10, 2018
klax:
Pls Nigerians(Pls i don't mean any apc because apc members are not Nigerians) can anyone tells me when did EFCC now become police, army, dss or sss in Nigeria?

You arrest this man pls for what? Was their any money missing and their is how much are we talking about?

So you need to arrest someone to forcefully get information about another pls what information are you looking for?

The money he left was allegedly misused by Daura, they have been trying to get him to implicate Daura that is why Daura has been blocking the invitation.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Tareq1105: 7:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Eketem:

He was actually invited but the media reported it as arrest

Trust our media
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Greenarrow01(m): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2018
jbtobsyn:

Go and buy sense. Why would they arrest someone when they just want to question him?

Just look at you.. must you always insult. It shows between me nd you whonneed more sense.

Do you know if he refused the invitiation.

Also the guys told you yerterday that his house was searched for over 2 hours.
Abeg na for efcc headquater the house they ?

Use your head pls
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Eketem: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Just look at you.. must you always insult. It shows between me nd you whonneed more sense.

Use your head pls

They didn't find anything implicating so they invited him for questioning
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Obaf1(m): 7:03am On Aug 10, 2018
Onah p.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Uzosaint(m): 7:04am On Aug 10, 2018
Do u thinking getting an info from a retired head of Nigeria's secret intelligence agency is DAT easy? They knew he was Neva and not going to talk,that was an exercise on futity right from onset (The cabals always distracting d nation,they are gud@it)
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by klax(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2018
BigSarah:
Kudos to EFcc for the prompt release of an innocent man
Meanwhile when will Fayose Probe begin nah grin..
Good people check my signature

Pls don't play smart to creating traffic for Seun and his crew by trying to digress this issue ok. So we are talking about apc ineffectiveness and imbecilles in the system ok.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by jbtobsyn(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Use your head pls
Police had to use force if you refused the invitation and what made you think he refused the invitation. Go outside the country and see how things are done. So quick to celebrate anything by this government. SMH,Yusuf Buhari is gallivanting about and you are here celebrating injustice by this people. I pity you.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by maxzzo1(m): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2018
This magu sef no get sense after all this show wetin him come gain
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by israelmao(m): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2018
EFCC is one of the appendages of fighting opposition and dissenting voices.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by donbachi(m): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2018
In nigeria,to be invited is to be arrested.and to be arrested is to be detained.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by mbaodohgreatest: 7:22am On Aug 10, 2018
Eketem:

He was actually invited but the media reported it as arrest
mr know all. how do you know
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by klax(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2018
Eketem:

The money he left was allegedly misused by Daura, they have been trying to get him to implicate Daura that is why Daura has been blocking the invitation.

So you mean within just a period of 2 days Daura was sacked they have done their thorough investigation to ascertain what was missing and what was not missing so quick like that?

Ok fine let's agree EFCC are now superman because if same Daura that invaded a judge house in SS in operation that was less than 20 minutes can bust to the judge house, forced the door open, search the judge house, arrest the judge, went to the judge cash vault, opened it and counted 15 million dollars all within 20 minutes operation Daura and his notorious crew are really super human in nature so pls how much is the cash Daura stole they have noticed or discovered in less than 24 hours of his sacked?
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Prettysophy: 7:59am On Aug 10, 2018
I don't know why most our leaders mis manage fund meant for the public.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Eketem: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2018
klax:

So you mean within just a period of 2 days Daura was sacked they have done their thorough investigation to ascertain what was missing and what was not missing so quick like that?

Ok fine let's agree EFCC are now superman because if same Daura that invaded a judge house in SS in operation that was less than 20 minutes can bust to the judge house, forced the door open, search the judge house, arrest the judge, went to the judge cash vault, opened it and counted 15 million dollars all within 20 minutes operation Daura and his notorious crew are really super human in nature so pls how much is the cash Daura stole they have noticed or discovered in less than 24 hours of his sacked?

You forget that EFCC has been on Dauras case for a while, one of Dauras aides and close friends was detained illegally for more than 2 months by Daura when he came out he went to Magu to confess all the stealing by Daura so Magu tried to get him through the former DG but Daura then sent officers to stop it.

People have been crying about how corrupt Daura is but Baba Buhari did nothing
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by klax(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Eketem:

You forget that EFCC has been on Dauras case for a while, one of Dauras aides and close friends was detained illegally for more than 2 months by Daura when he came out he went to Magu to confess all the stealing by Daura so Magu tried to get him through the former DG but Daura then sent officers to stop it.

People have been crying about how corrupt Daura is but Baba Buhari did nothing

Bro thanks. Pls I'm not supporting Daura at all instead for me to support Daura *make I die*. I was asking why Ita was arrested by EFCC that was all. I expect EFCC to take a little of their time to totally unveil all Daura actrocities and nail him than just quickly jumping on the matter and ends up come out with nothing and case close.

Thanks God bless.
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Eketem: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2018
klax:

Bro thanks. Pls I'm not supporting Daura at all instead for me to support Daura *make I die*. I was asking why Ita was arrested by EFCC that was all. I expect EFCC to take a little of their time to totally unveil all Daura actrocities and nail him than just quickly jumping on the matter and ends up come out with nothing and case close.

Thanks God bless.

Let us say your mother goes out and leaves 3 pieces of meat with your brother at home, she comes back and sees you at home and no meat.

She knows it is you but if she accuses you immediately you may deny and she won't have evidence, so she tries to call your brother first and get his own testimony before she calls you.

That is what happened in summary
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Claracharles: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2018
This is poor management and needs to be corrected

Eketem:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released Ita Ekpeyong, the former director-general of the State Security Service (SSS

Mr Ekpeyong was arrested on Thursday afternoon following a raid of his Abuja home by anti-graft detectives.

He was moved to the EFCC headquarters in Abuja for questioning, multiple sources said. He was subsequently released a few hours later.

A spokesperson for the EFCC declined comments on the development Thursday night.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Mr Ekpeyong was released after the EFCC agents realised he was unable yo provide much information about the controversial former director of the SSS, Lawal Daura.

Mr Daura was himself arrested after being sacked by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday afternoon.

BREAKING: EFCC releases Ita Ekpeyong, ex-SSS DG
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/279598-breaking-efcc-releases-ita-ekpeyong-ex-sss-dg.html
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Rafaell(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2018
fokoyor:
Invited with 20 policemen and his house was searched..... Ok continue
hahahaha... U just make my belle dey sweet me !!!
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by HoodBillionaire: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2018
abeg let me wash it down
with
cham pag neh
Re: EFCC Releases Ita Ekpeyong by Tolahinges: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
WHY EHH all these guys that like to parade like they have the power that be in Nigeria, Am glad that when they sack Daura it opened their eyes thats the reason the could arrest ekeyong in the first place. Thank God for VP Osinbajo
Eketem:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released Ita Ekpeyong, the former director-general of the State Security Service (SSS

Mr Ekpeyong was arrested on Thursday afternoon following a raid of his Abuja home by anti-graft detectives.

He was moved to the EFCC headquarters in Abuja for questioning, multiple sources said. He was subsequently released a few hours later.

A spokesperson for the EFCC declined comments on the development Thursday night.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Mr Ekpeyong was released after the EFCC agents realised he was unable yo provide much information about the controversial former director of the SSS, Lawal Daura.

Mr Daura was himself arrested after being sacked by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday afternoon.

BREAKING: EFCC releases Ita Ekpeyong, ex-SSS DG
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/279598-breaking-efcc-releases-ita-ekpeyong-ex-sss-dg.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended / Governorship Re-run: Tension Mounts As Court Decides Adamawa, Bauchi Fate Today / NAF Appoints, Redeploys 32 Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.