Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Maximizing The Measure Of Your Faith - Romans 12:3; 2 Peter 1:5; Hebrews 5:12-14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maximizing The Measure Of Your Faith - Romans 12:3; 2 Peter 1:5; Hebrews 5:12-14 (219 Views)

Don't Pretend To Love Others (Romans 12:9-10) / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maximizing The Measure Of Your Faith - Romans 12:3; 2 Peter 1:5; Hebrews 5:12-14 by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 10, 2018
There is something called the measure of faith which is one of the ramifications of faith believers need to understand. Apostle Paul didn’t say “a measure of faith,” he said “the measure of faith.” It means there is a prescribed measure of faith that God has reserved as the starting faith for the Christian journey.

No matter who you are, everybody starts with the same measure. It is this measure of faith that started you in salvation. It is the same measure that got you saved and you are to start exercising it. If you are genuinely born again, you already have that measure of faith.

Faith, as used in today’s passage is not used here as a noun or as a body of beliefs. Hence, we must examine the difference between the measure of faith that is referred to here and faith as a general language. The measure of faith that comes at salvation is the basic measure God gives you to have the basic provisions of Christianity. It is enough to give you all that you need to begin the faith life. However, if you will have movement in your Christian life, you need to add some knowledge to that measure of faith. It is knowledge that gives legs, strength and direction to faith.

All believers start with the same measure of faith; the difference in their manifestation is a function of what each person diligently adds to his basic measure of faith.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for the basic measure of faith that You gave me at salvation. I purpose today to be a diligent student adding knowledge and understanding to my faith in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezra 10:1-44, 1 Corinthians 6:1-20, Psalm 31:9-18, Proverbs 21:3

Rev. Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/08/18 / 4 Steps To Christian Inspiration / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/08/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.