Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Lafiagi, Ex-ndlea Boss Jailed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lafiagi, Ex-ndlea Boss Jailed (3809 Views)

Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss / NDLEA Boss Explains How They Got Kashamu, Nicknamed ‘god’ / Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Lafiagi, Ex-ndlea Boss Jailed by sirt1(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2010
pix:

I sincerely sympathize with the chairman,he was a good man who did well in his days as chairman earning international accolades. If only many knew what went down in this case, i rest my case.

Pls, tell us now or keep ur mouth shut forever

kobikwelu:

thank you my dear,

dunt mind them, they clamour for justice, when they get one, they subject it to ridicule,

so its only when they get IBB y'all rest, angry angry angry angry angry angry

as for me, any conviction shuld be celebrated, whether its one day,

freaking pessimists angry angry angry angry

U be witch?------u took it out of my mouth--------rapid promotion recommended grin grin grin

davidif:

unbelievable! justice in nigeria??

So, u think say na like this we go dey go?-------more shockers coming.

OYINBOGOJU:

Bello Lafiaji

Former Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Bello Lafiaji, and his personal assistant, Usman Amali, were this morning sentenced to 16 years imprisonment by a Lagos, Nigeria, High Court for corrupt enrichment while in office.
Lafiaji will spend the next four years behind bars while Amali will spend three years as the sentences are to run [b][b][b][b][b]concurrently[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b].
The two convicts were arraigned in 2008 on a seven-count charge of conspiracy, using their positions to corruptly enrich themselves and receiving money before performing their lawful duties were convicted on six out of the seven counts.

They were sentenced as follows: fours years on count one, two years each on counts three, four, six and seven.
The prosecutor, Bolaji Ayorinde, (SAN), called 12 witnesses including assistant director of investigation, Samuel Gazama and Director of Prosecution and Legal Services, Femi Oloruntoba.

The defence counsel led by Prof. Taiwo Osipitan, (SAN), called five witnesses.

In his judgement, presiding Justice Olusola Williams said that relying on the evidence of Gazama, it was established that money was recovered from the house of a drug suspect, Ikenna Onochie, and was taken to NDLEA office in Lagos and the money got missing. And it was Gazama who narrated how the money got missing. His evidence was not controverted.

Pls, what is exactly is the meaning of this word in legal term? Seems I don't understand. Somebody to explain and relate it to present issue of former NDLEA boss that was sentenced to 16yrs in jail but will actually spend 4yrs. Clear explanation needed pls.
Re: Lafiagi, Ex-ndlea Boss Jailed by kobikwelu(m): 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
U be witch?------u took it out of my mouth--------rapid promotion recommended

lol
Re: Lafiagi, Ex-ndlea Boss Jailed by dillon67: 3:03am On Jun 24, 2010
interesting story

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja? / GEJ: Two Years In Pictures / Download A Copy Of Buhari Manifestos-pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.