Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot (1439 Views)

How Do I Create A Responsive Nav Bar / How To Can I Create Amazon Aws Account Using Nigerian Cards? / with how Much Can I create An Online Retail Website And APP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by digitite: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello fellows,

I am creating a website and want it to be properly arranged. Please, kindly give a simple code on : creating some space between the Menu(nav) and the heading<h1>(Who We Are) and where do I insert the code ?

Thanks in Advance

Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by kaypompee: 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Try setting a margin property for the heading. It should work. Maybe between 10 to 20 pixels. So your css code should look like h1{ margin: 10px }
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by alterswerve(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
Shouldn't this be a stackoverflow.com question?
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by kaypompee: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
alterswerve:
Shouldn't this be a stackoverflow.com question?

But why are we all here if we won't be able to assist wit this sort of problem?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by sparkle6(m): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2018
#text{ margin-top: 10px; } That should do.
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by alterswerve(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
kaypompee:

But why are we all here if we won't be able to assist wit this sort of problem?

Well, you'll get better answers on stackoverflow.com. The site is tailored for questions like this..

But hey! You got your answer yeah? Good!
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by kaypompee: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2018
alterswerve:

Well, you'll get better answers on stackoverflow.com. The site is tailored for questions like this..

But hey! You got your answer yeah? Good!

This programming section is also tailored for that, in case you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by fnep2smooth(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2018
Lol.

Give the h1 an id example &lt; h1 id="h1_custom" &gt; Who We Are &lt; / h1 &gt;

Then go to your css style sheet and type

#h1_custom {

margin-top: 20px;

}

You can set it to your preferred height.

Hope this helps
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by fnep2smooth(m): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2018
fnep2smooth:
Lol.

Give the h1 an id example &amp;amp;lt; h1 id="h1_custom" &amp;amp;gt; Who We Are &amp;amp;lt; / h1 &amp;amp;gt;

Then go to your css style sheet and type

#h1_custom {

margin-top: 20px;

}

You can set it to your preferred height.

Hope this helps

Nairaland has change the code. &amp;lt;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/&amp;gt;
And if it doesn't work put a break tag to it

br/ or br
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by digitite: 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
Thank you guys for the response. More still needed.

@alterswerve

This is a programming section. And we should make Nairaland a top-notch place to visit for solutions on coding issues by brainstorming.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by digitite: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
kaypompee:
Try setting a margin property for the heading. It should work. Maybe between 10 to 20 pixels. So your css code should look like h1{ margin: 10px }

Thank you. That answers some questions.
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by kaypompee: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
digitite:

Thank you. That answers some questions.
Youre welcome. Note that setting that h1 property will affect all h1 elements in your code. So including an ID as suggested above is good as well.
Re: How Do I Create Space Between The Menu(nav) And <h1> - Snapshot by mexzony: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2018
You want him to go to stack overflow and ask a question like this when it's obvious he should know that it's margin top he should set. Stack overflow will kill him and annihilate him even before he finishes asking the question. grin grin
Those guys are so sensitive as to asking certain qiestuons.
It's better he came jejely to nairaland o. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Help With Actionscript In Flash / Has Anyone Hosted With Www.qservers.net / How Possible Is A Certification In Oracle11g Or Java In 3month Wif Little Experience. Pls Help:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.