Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities (1079 Views)

The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities by Igbafen: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
I came across this on a site call quora. com
Why does Canada invite immigrants if they don't have enough opportunities?
You can frame this question another way.

“Why do immigrants go to Canada if there aren’t enough opportunities?”

You’ll get a clearer answer if you look at it like this.

Most of the answers here are actually saying “The Canadian government gives you a Permanent Resident card, but Canadian employers don’t give you a job”. See the disconnect? Laws can be changed over 1–2 years and become more favorable or less favorable to immigration, but it’ll take a really long time for the business dynamic of a country to change.

When you immigrate, you're forging a partnership with the country you're moving to. The country gives you access to systems that are easier to navigate than those in your home country, a safe environment to live in and raise your children, first-world infrastructure, income in a more stable and powerful currency, and a better quality of life for half to three-fourths of your life-time.

In return, you contribute to the economy without seeking welfare, and improve the lives of citizens.

If you’re going to argue that immigrants don’t get a better quality of life in Canada, you have to wonder why it is that so many of them end up staying.

In addition, Canada doesn’t invite immigrants to take existing opportunities. It invites them to create new opportunities. It knows that most immigrants won’t create opportunities for the first 4–8 years (if ever), and that’s why the system has started choosing people who are young, educated, fluent in English or French, and also have a decent amount of money that they can bring with them. It needs people who can stick around and fight it out for long enough in this business environment to make a difference.

Most immigrants who come to Canada these days know beforehand that Canadian employers aren’t going to hire them. They come here despite that to make a bet on their own future, and the country is facilitating their desire to do so.
Re: Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities by salford: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
Imo, Canada needs immigrants kids more than the Immigrant themselves. The kids are the future tax payers. They are aware that not all immigrants that land in Canada would achieve success, but the 2nd generation would be very succesful as they won't have barriers like their parents.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities by meobizy(f): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hmm. A forward thinking country. We should learn from them.
Adanne who promised to marry me went to school in Canada and has blocked all my contacts from her phone. The government has guaranteed her a better life there so she sees me as a piece of rubbish from a past she's better off forgetting.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Canada Invite Immigrants If They Don't Have Enough Opportunities by CanadianEnginee(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
meobizy:
Hmm. A forward thinking country. We should learn from them.
Adanne who promised to marry me went to school in Canada and has blocked all my contacts from her phone. The government has guaranteed her a better life there so she sees me as a piece of rubbish from a past she's better off forgetting.

They always come back. Just live your life and make sure you're better off than she left you.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are They Still Countries Offering Visa Lotteries? / School Pupils On Airport Excursion Taken To A Disabled Aircraft / 11-year-old Boy Playing On Beach Finds A Little Girl Buried Alive In Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.