Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

I Dismantled The Kaduna Mafia And Stopped Ali Modu Sheriff- Sen Ahmed Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Dismantled The Kaduna Mafia And Stopped Ali Modu Sheriff- Sen Ahmed Makarfi (472 Views)

Mamman Daura, The Cabal, Kaduna Mafia & The 2023 Presidency, By Lasisi Olagunju / Boko Haram Attacks Ali Modu Sheriff's Convoy, Kills 3 Policemen, 2 Others / Ahmed Makarfi's Son's Wedding: Atiku, Sule Lamido & Kwankwaso, Sambo Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dismantled The Kaduna Mafia And Stopped Ali Modu Sheriff- Sen Ahmed Makarfi by isahrabson: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2018
I DISMANTLED THE KADUNA MAFIA AND STOPPED ALI MODU SHERIFF- SEN AHMED MAKARFI

"Leadership is not about what you say but what you do. Do not be deceived by looks"

Presidential aspirant under the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi has disclosed that having chaired the technical committee that set the agenda for the National Conference under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, restructuring Nigeria now would be incorporating whatever Nigerians resolve and bringing in people that will dust his committee's report, removing what is obsolete and bringing in what is new.

Speaking to journalists at the sidelines of a visit to the Ebonyi State secretariat after his visit the party in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital on Friday, Sen Makarfi noted that his committee proposed how the country could be restructured for the benefit of all Nigerians but it was not followed through.

" First of all restructuring is not what a leader wants but what the people want. I chaired the technical committee that set the agenda for the National Conference under former President Olusengun Obasanjo, although some of the items were removed from the report, We need to bring Nigerians together again to dust that report, remove what is obsolete and add what is new, whatever Nigerians resolve," he said.

On the insinuations in some quarters that he is too gentle to lead Nigeria, Sen Makarfi said," People said I was too gentle to defeat Sheriff, what happened? Don't be mistaken by looks. It is the action. In Kaduna State people saw my actions. People said I was too gentle to handle the Kaduna Mafia but what happened? Those who will mistake me to be weak will be shocked but Nigerians will be happy."

Senator Makarfi also disclosed that he was the first governor in the country to appoint non indigenes into his cabinet and as governor an Igbo man was elected as member of the state House of Assembly. When people complained about that, I said he was elected by his people so let him serve his term. "My history will tell Nigerians who I am. It is not even in promising but in what I have done," he said.

On the accusation that PDP misruled the country for sixteen years, Makarfi said, " Ninety percent of those who accuse PDP of misruling Nigeria were PDP people who were on positions of authority. They were the ones who misruled and ran to APC. That is why APC is not ruling well. The people that remained in the PDP are the good people so Nigerians should take note."
Re: I Dismantled The Kaduna Mafia And Stopped Ali Modu Sheriff- Sen Ahmed Makarfi by StillX10(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2018
You tried very well for the party sir

but as for the presidency forget it

FTC again

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Ranked World’s Third Worst City To Live In / Fresh Fm’s Music House Contravenes Planning Laws — oyo Govt / “wont Spare Anyone Found Guilty”…….buhari Writes Treasury Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.