Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga (737 Views)

Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards / Real Madrid Pulls Out Of Alisson’s Deal, To Go For Thibaut Courtois (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by angelboy01(m): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
I just wants to clear my mind about him before the new EPL season starts tonight. No hard feelings.

Signed from Genk in summer 2011 for £8m

Loaned to Atletico MADRID for two seasons

Asked CHELSEA to be allowed another season with Atletico MADRID .... CHELSEA agreed

Returned to CHELSEA and asked for first choice opportunity over Legend PETR CECH, or he leaves .... CHELSEA agreed

Made him first choice keeper and relegated a Legend of the club PETR CECH to the bench, even at his peak as a goalkeeper. Even sold him out.

Now, at a time CHELSEAFC needs him most to commit his future to the club .... He REFUSED

He went public in Russia to tell the press that he won't sign a new contract and threatend to run down his contract if not allowed to leave .... THAT'S DISRESPECT

He claims he wants to leave because of FAMILY reasons ..... That's CHEAP EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL for me. Even MORATA that just joined CHELSEA last season brought his FAMILY with him, and just bought a bigger apartment close to COBHAM now.

Remember report claims from Atletico MADRID that he called Real MADRID while on loan with them for a possible transfer to REAL .... Is his FAMILY in Real MADRID Is Atletico MADRID not in MADRID, SPAIN

He says everyone that knew him well knows how much moving to Real MADRID means to him, 'a dream come through' ..... So why coming up with FAMILY excuses now. Come out plain and say you want to join Real MADRID and stop using your FAMILY as a tool to blackmail others.

He says anywhere he is, that HAZARD will be also. Which he also repeated yesterday during his presentation. That he wishes HAZARD joins him in the future ..... That's another DISRESPECT to CHELSEAFC, at this point in time CHELSEA is trying to tie HAZARD down to a new deal. Putting more pressure on HAZARD to leave CHELSEA also.

He refused to return to CHELSEA after his holidays just to force a move away ..... another DISRESPECT to CHELSEA and to the contract he has with CHELSEA.

My question is: What did CHELSEAFC do wrong to THIBAUT COURTOIS to deserve such treatment from him

Remember KEPA ARRIZABALAGA did not force a move to Real MADRID during winter transfer, not because he didn't want to join Real MADRID, but because he wants to pay back to the club the good things they did for him, and he had an agreement with Athletic BILBAO to sign a new deal in order to increase his buy-out clause, which is the amount CHELSEA just paid.

THIBAUT COURTOIS left CHELSEA with no other option than to lose a keeper of his calibre for such a peanut fee in this inflated market.

Respect they say is reciprocal, and COURTOIS decided not to reciprocate that. CHELSEAFC have respected COURTOIS' decision from the beginning of his CHELSEA's career, even until now he became a rebel.

Courtsey and the rules demands that he returns to CHELSEA and speak to the manager who wanted to speak with him directly before making a decision ..... another DISRESPECT from him.
He could've being man enough to return to the club as the rules demand and make his decisions known, rather than going awol ... Pathetic behaviour. Acting as if the situation between him and CHELSEA has deteriorated.

I have no personal problem with him joining Real MADRID, but whatever that is worth doing, is worth doing well they say. The journey between CHELSEAFC and THIBAUT COURTOIS was always a happy one, until he decided to soil it now, and make it an unhappy ending.

His actions and words towards the whole transfer saga did not go unnoticed even to the Atletico MADRID fans, who have being bombarding him with abusive words. He now made himself a public enemy at the BLUE side of LONDON and also the RED and WHITE side of MADRID ..... too bad.

At this juncture, i can only but wish him and his new club all the very best....Thanks COURTOIS for all the great things we achieved together. The GOOD, The BAD and The UGLY seasons we had together made us all stronger. You

1 Like

Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by bigtt76(f): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
You spoke my mind dear.... Be like say me and you don gist this before tongue

I find it so appalling and never liked from get go. I see as a devil sent to destroy a family. Imagine returning to bench Petr Chech who gave his all to the club. Mistake Chelsea made was not to have sold him outright to Atletico Madrid back then. Good riddance jaaaare!

angelboy01:
I just wants to clear my mind about him before the new EPL season starts tonight. No hard feelings.

Signed from Genk in summer 2011 for £8m

Loaned to Atletico MADRID for two seasons

Asked CHELSEA to be allowed another season with Atletico MADRID .... CHELSEA agreed

Returned to CHELSEA and asked for first choice opportunity over Legend PETR CECH, or he leaves .... CHELSEA agreed

Made him first choice keeper and relegated a Legend of the club PETR CECH to the bench, even at his peak as a goalkeeper. Even sold him out.

Now, at a time CHELSEAFC needs him most to commit his future to the club .... He REFUSED

He went public in Russia to tell the press that he won't sign a new contract and threatend to run down his contract if not allowed to leave .... THAT'S DISRESPECT

He claims he wants to leave because of FAMILY reasons ..... That's CHEAP EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL for me. Even MORATA that just joined CHELSEA last season brought his FAMILY with him, and just bought a bigger apartment close to COBHAM now.

Remember report claims from Atletico MADRID that he called Real MADRID while on loan with them for a possible transfer to REAL .... Is his FAMILY in Real MADRID Is Atletico MADRID not in MADRID, SPAIN

He says everyone that knew him well knows how much moving to Real MADRID means to him, 'a dream come through' ..... So why coming up with FAMILY excuses now. Come out plain and say you want to join Real MADRID and stop using your FAMILY as a tool to blackmail others.

He says anywhere he is, that HAZARD will be also. Which he also repeated yesterday during his presentation. That he wishes HAZARD joins him in the future ..... That's another DISRESPECT to CHELSEAFC, at this point in time CHELSEA is trying to tie HAZARD down to a new deal. Putting more pressure on HAZARD to leave CHELSEA also.

He refused to return to CHELSEA after his holidays just to force a move away ..... another DISRESPECT to CHELSEA and to the contract he has with CHELSEA.

My question is: What did CHELSEAFC do wrong to THIBAUT COURTOIS to deserve such treatment from him

Remember KEPA ARRIZABALAGA did not force a move to Real MADRID during winter transfer, not because he didn't want to join Real MADRID, but because he wants to pay back to the club the good things they did for him, and he had an agreement with Athletic BILBAO to sign a new deal in order to increase his buy-out clause, which is the amount CHELSEA just paid.

THIBAUT COURTOIS left CHELSEA with no other option than to lose a keeper of his calibre for such a peanut fee in this inflated market.

Respect they say is reciprocal, and COURTOIS decided not to reciprocate that. CHELSEAFC have respected COURTOIS' decision from the beginning of his CHELSEA's career, even until now he became a rebel.

Courtsey and the rules demands that he returns to CHELSEA and speak to the manager who wanted to speak with him directly before making a decision ..... another DISRESPECT from him.
He could've being man enough to return to the club as the rules demand and make his decisions known, rather than going awol ... Pathetic behaviour. Acting as if the situation between him and CHELSEA has deteriorated.

I have no personal problem with him joining Real MADRID, but whatever that is worth doing, is worth doing well they say. The journey between CHELSEAFC and THIBAUT COURTOIS was always a happy one, until he decided to soil it now, and make it an unhappy ending.

His actions and words towards the whole transfer saga did not go unnoticed even to the Atletico MADRID fans, who have being bombarding him with abusive words. He now made himself a public enemy at the BLUE side of LONDON and also the RED and WHITE side of MADRID ..... too bad.

At this juncture, i can only but wish him and his new club all the very best....Thanks COURTOIS for all the great things we achieved together. The GOOD, The BAD and The UGLY seasons we had together made us all stronger. You
Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by MicheyJ1: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
bad belle. You don't see Athletic fans complaining about Kepa leaving. Players leave and join clubs. It's normal. Stop crying
Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by investigator007: 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
I think it was a good idea for him to leave, he is going to make the Madrid team stronger, The 2018/19 La Liga has kicked off and the giants of Spanish soccer are on a collision course. Place bets on any of the 760 official La Liga games at Betway. Bet now at Betway.com.ng

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by angelboy01(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
bigtt76:

I find it so appalling and never liked from get go. I see as a devil sent to destroy a family. Imagine returning to bench Petr Chech who gave his all to the club. Mistake Chelsea made was not to have sold him outright to Atletico Madrid back then. Good riddance jaaaare!

I actually copied this from a chelsea group am on but it's so explicit. I do agree with you too.
Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:40am On Aug 12, 2018
The guy is just a snake, nothing more. Atletico Madrid fans are already buying toy rats for him when they meet Real.
Re: My Personal Thought On Thibaut Courtois' Transfer Saga by laydoh(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2018
bigtt76:

what pain me most is that stupid shyte excuse he always give,that he wants to be close to his family. and chelsea also bleeped up big time,since they know he wanted to go to spain so bad,they should have sold him to malaga or any stupid club since he wants to be with his family.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sets New Record At Juventus / Mikel Obi Launches Football Clinic In Lagos [photos, Video] / Balogun Shines As Arsenal Defeat Chelsea To Top League Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.