Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA (35410 Views)

Does Wizkid Age At All? Fans Ask As He Releases Throwback Pictures / Daddy Freeze's Pigeons Fly As He Releases Them (Video) / "No Puna Required" Kizz Daniel To Make Upcoming Artist Toby Grey A Star For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Caseless: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2018
Eagleyes:
Na jahbless be fan? grin grin
he's not verified, so they didn't notice him.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by itchie: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Their songs lack lyrics?
By definition, lyrics means the words of a song so if I like I can say "nigga, nigga" all through my song will still have 'lyrics'.

Also, there is this word called "Genre". You should look it up. Examples of music genres are blues, jazz, raggae, hip pop, highlife etc ...and other merged and sub-genres.
My point here is that you shouldn't expect to hear the core characteristics of blues in hiphop. In the same vein, if your sanctimonious self wants to hear about the virgin mary then you shouldn't listen to blues, pick up an album of Tope Alabi and have a nice time.

Hip hop or pop is fundamentally a genre meant for entertainment. I for one don't want to be dancing away stress then hear someone singing about the second coming of Christ. There is a time and place for that. This is the reason why 'nonsensical' and lighthearted words are used. If I want to dance to religious songs I'll do that in the church or at home.

Again sir, these sort of songs "without lyrics" as you've wrongly said are meant for clubs, parties and entertainment when words which would cause the listener to pause and reflect would be counterproductive.

Don't thank me.

Do you want to be unfortunate? Please let me know if you do so I'll know how to proceed.
Happy Sunday.
So you took your time write this long epistle just to defend and promote immorality SMH

8 Likes

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by itchie: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2018
RealSniper:

Your head dey there. You are enlightened.
He's enlightened because he is supporting bad thing abi? No, he's not enlightened, the two of you are examples of everything that is wrong with this generation

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by courna(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Their songs lack lyrics?
By definition, lyrics means the words of a song so if I like I can say "nigga, nigga" all through my song will still have 'lyrics'.

Also, there is this word called "Genre". You should look it up. Examples of music genres are blues, jazz, raggae, hip pop, highlife etc ...and other merged and sub-genres.
My point here is that you shouldn't expect to hear the core characteristics of blues in hiphop. In the same vein, if your sanctimonious self wants to hear about the virgin mary then you shouldn't listen to blues, pick up an album of Tope Alabi and have a nice time.

Hip hop or pop is fundamentally a genre meant for entertainment. I for one don't want to be dancing away stress then hear someone singing about the second coming of Christ. There is a time and place for that. This is the reason why 'nonsensical' and lighthearted words are used. If I want to dance to religious songs I'll do that in the church or at home.

Again sir, these sort of songs "without lyrics" as you've wrongly said are meant for clubs, parties and entertainment when words which would cause the listener to pause and reflect would be counterproductive.

Don't thank me.

Do you want to be unfortunate? Please let me know if you do so I'll know how to proceed.
Happy Sunday.
I've been wanting to say this when people say nigerians songs don't have lyrics and it's only beat that they put out
I'm like WTF!
number one.. it's Nigerian (African) culture we dance much ...we love to dance
that's why cool RnB songs don't sell much in Nigeria
two.. lyrics are the words in the song and Nigerian songs do have lyrics... the lyrics may lack meaning but doesn't mean the song don't have lyrics
and the genre determines the song

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by pweshdodo(m): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Jubal01:
[color=#000099][/color]
And tomorrow they will tell you they want to govern people. I wonder what Olamide & co hopes 2 achieve with some of their Bleep songs.

#lordhavemercy
So u think Nicki minaj and co artists that will be saying pucci niggaz are good singers?
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Jagz16(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2018
Daniel9ice:

Nigerian rapper, Olamide has released a new song, titled, “Puna” and in a bid to promote the new track, he took to his IG page to share a quite erotic video of a lady supposedly twerking to just released song.

Upon seeing the video and its explicit content, coupled with the lyrics of the song, a fan pointed out to the artiste that the song might just get banned from the National Broadcasting Commission.
Jahbless na em you dae call a fan

In response to the fan’s comment, the rapper subtly shaded the cooperation as he says he’s unbothered whether or not, they ban his yet to be released song cause he’s already on their blacklist.

See below,

ALSO READ>>>

https://i2.wp.com/www.yabaleftonline.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Ainaa.jpg?w=587&ssl=1
https://naijabreed.com/gist/want-rich-handsome-man-marriage-actress-damilola-aina/

Man offers N250k to anyone who can help recover his bag stolen in Lagos
https://naijabreed.com/news/man-offers-n250k-anyone-can-help-recover-bag-stolen-lagos/

“I might sue NBC if ban on ‘This is Nigeria’ is not lifted” – Falz
https://naijabreed.com/entertainment/might-sue-nbc-ban-nigeria-not-lifted-falz/

Cristiano Ronaldo gets 2m euro tax refund in Spain
https://naijabreed.com/sport/cristiano-ronaldo-gets-2m-euro-tax-refund-spain/

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by courna(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2018
itchie:

So you took your time write this long epistle just to defend and promote immorality SMH
he's not defending immorality he's just stating facts
most secular songs are immoral in one way or the other
if you want to listen to something moral there is the gospel music..
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by courna(m): 8:41am On Aug 12, 2018
pweshdodo:

So u think Nicki minaj and co artists that will be saying pucci niggaz are good singers?
I tire oo
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Badonasty(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Daniel9ice:

Nigerian rapper, Olamide has released a new song, titled, “Puna” and in a bid to promote the new track, he took to his IG page to share a quite erotic video of a lady supposedly twerking to just released song.

Upon seeing the video and its explicit content, coupled with the lyrics of the song, a fan pointed out to the artiste that the song might just get banned from the National Broadcasting Commission.

In response to the fan’s comment, the rapper subtly shaded the cooperation as he says he’s unbothered whether or not, they ban his yet to be released song cause he’s already on their blacklist.

See below,

ALSO READ>>>

https://i2.wp.com/www.yabaleftonline.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Ainaa.jpg?w=587&ssl=1
https://naijabreed.com/gist/want-rich-handsome-man-marriage-actress-damilola-aina/

Man offers N250k to anyone who can help recover his bag stolen in Lagos
https://naijabreed.com/news/man-offers-n250k-anyone-can-help-recover-bag-stolen-lagos/

“I might sue NBC if ban on ‘This is Nigeria’ is not lifted” – Falz
https://naijabreed.com/entertainment/might-sue-nbc-ban-nigeria-not-lifted-falz/

Cristiano Ronaldo gets 2m euro tax refund in Spain
https://naijabreed.com/sport/cristiano-ronaldo-gets-2m-euro-tax-refund-spain/

Na jahbless this one dey call fan...children of nowadays
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by itchie: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2018
courna:

he's not defending immorality he's just stating facts
most secular songs are immoral in one way or the other
if you want to listen to something moral there is the gospel music..
The point is whether you're singing secular music or not, you don't have to be so vulgar, crude and obscene with your lyrics. Most secular songs are not like that. Just look at all the major hit songs in the past one year, Fia, fall, if by , malo, soco, manya, all over, mama, bobo, no do, baba, 4days, jeje, like, nobody ugly, particula e.t.c I can go on and on to prove that you don't have to be crude to have a monster hit. The problem with olamide is that he can't pass his message without basically using gutter language and we shouldn't encourage that. Are you telling me that olamide couldn't find any other word in the world to call his song and that's why he chose to call it puna? If he is not promoting drug abuse, he is putting out all manner of dirty lyrics out into the society so what's the difference between him and princess vitarah or afrocandy? Olamide needs to stop that rubbish and clean up his act

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Megatrix: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2018
He is shading NBC abi? Don't worry, NBC will soon shade all his songs commot from airwaves
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by RealSniper: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2018
itchie:

He's enlightened because he is supporting bad thing abi? No, he's not enlightened, the two of you are examples of everything that is wrong with this generation

Life is all about choice. I personally listen to music base on my mood and the atmosphere, I won't be in a dancing mood and listen to RnB or want to relax and play Rock or Pop neither will I want to commune with the Holy Spirit and listen to standard by Reekado. So boss you see there is more to life than been serious at all times.

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Josh44s(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2018
Masama:
Na so so dirty things full olamide brain

1 Like

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by InTime(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Puna. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kai, Punana Ni
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by courna(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2018
itchie:

The point is whether you're singing secular music or not, you don't have to be so vulgar, crude and obscene with your lyrics. Most secular songs are not like that. Just look at all the major hit songs in the past one year, Fia, fall, if by , malo, soco, manya, all over, mama, bobo, no do, baba, 4days, jeje, like, nobody ugly, particula e.t.c I can go on and on to prove that you don't have to be crude to have a monster hit. The problem with olamide is that he can't pass his message without basically using gutter language and we shouldn't encourage that. Are you telling me that olamide couldn't find any other word in the world to call his song and that's why he chose to call it puna? If he is not promoting drug abuse, he is putting out all manner of dirty lyrics out into the society so what's the difference between him and princess vitarah or afrocandy? Olamide needs to stop that rubbish and clean up his act
if you say crude then I can buy that
trur
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by karlboss: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2018
The issue I have with Nigerian music industry is this explicit video they release without considering that children are at home too. These days I can't watch music channels again.
Look at cdq ft kiss Daniel as an example. Nigerian artist should reduce this. Some even promote lesbianism sef.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by innocential3032(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2018
One of the responsible artiste in nigeria
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by brainworkng: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2018
Shows no talent, must you sing rubbish. Music is suppose to pass message across most of Olamide's lyrics are nonsense that is what u get when u dont have good education.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by simeotexy: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2018
cheesy punami
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by anath(m): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2018
Rosay15:
As I like dis guy reach, he don dey fall my hand.. Wetim b dis nonsense wey he dey sing now?, so na true say fame and money dey reset some people brain cus I can still remember wen he never blow, his song dey make sense at least bt now I rest my case..
Exactly,he is still disappointing me. Infact my friends still mock me with his latest release because I was once his staunch fan. That is life ,when money comes ppl miss road another example is I Go Die d comedian...

1 Like

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by ogasomgwu: 11:49am On Aug 12, 2018
WHO CAN DESCRIBE THE WORD "PUNA" for I am not understandinnnng pls
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by ogasomgwu: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2018
But of their music now if u take time to go tru their lyrics its all absolute rubbish. But pple like me listen to rythm and concept not lyrics. I think those who danced and bought Story for d gods ll still like this one PUNA.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by ebby9z(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lol.. that's Jahbless. Op just called him a fan. Are you an indomie generation boy?
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by Neddyogu(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
SirLakes:
Clears throat cheesy

Which MOD dey carry this kain thing for early mo mo undecided
Sunday morning for that matter.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by MarieSucre(f): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Their songs lack lyrics?

Don't thank me.

Happy Sunday.

Irrespective of the genre, it doesn't mean we cannot call the song out for being absolute rubbish and just comprising beats and wack lyrics. First it was Terry G, now it's Olamide and that Mr Real. That's why I no dey give people face when they try to diss Yemi Slade. Your mcm Wizkid does not even string complete sentences in his most recent songs and if it's not about sex, it's about a girl's bumbum.

But awon "westernisation is killing us" will not see this one oo.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by QuietHammer(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
MarieSucre:

Irrespective of the genre, it doesn't mean we cannot call the song out for being absolute rubbish and just comprising beats and wack lyrics. First it was Terry G, now it's Olamide and that Mr Real. That's why I no dey give people face when they try to diss Yemi Slade. Your mcm Wizkid does not even string complete sentences in his most recent songs and if it's not about sex, it's about a girl's bumbum.

But awon "westernisation is killing us" will not see this one oo.
Please, tilt your phone to the right and read what I wrote again, who knows, that might help the cognitive dissonance.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by EmmanuelCena(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Their songs lack lyrics?

Don't thank me.

Happy Sunday.

Baba...
A million accolades for you.

Many of these idiots who keep screaming whack lyrics are just unfortunate lot who beef these singers' success.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by TheUbermensch: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Their songs lack lyrics?

Don't thank me.

Happy Sunday.

This is poppycock.

There is Hip-hop and there is trash.

Olamide of Rapsodi, YBNL, Street OT, was hip-hop, not these rubbish he's releasing these days.

I can't believe anyone in their right senses would celebrate mediocrity and would be grandiloquent while at it.
Re: Olamide Shades NBC As He Releases New Song, Titled PUNA by dont8(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
TheUbermensch:

This is poppycock.

There is Hip-hop and there is trash.

Olamide of Rapsodi, YBNL, Street OT, was hip-hop, not these rubbish he's releasing these days.

I can't believe anyone in their right senses would celebrate mediocrity and would be grandiloquent while at it.

Try to read QuietHammer's submission with an open mind and you'll agree with him on this. He wasn't particular about Olamide's Puna or whatever (I know it's vulgar) or supporting the title or the lyrics in the song but, about people that always hammer on 'lyrics' by artistes, as if the words in their songs is not called lyrics to start with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From RMD's Son's Traditional Engagement Ceremony / Stonebwoy Pulls Out Gun During Fight With Shatta Wale At VGMA20 (video) / Throwback Photo Of E-money Emeka Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.