Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Discipline - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discipline (261 Views)

Series: How To Discipline Your Flesh / FAQ: Does God Use Sickness To Teach Or Discipline Us? / Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Discipline by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Discipline

Woe to thee, O land,when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!

Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!
Ecclesiastes 10:16-17

Indiscipline is an enemy of success. No indisciplined man ever ends up distinguished.

You need to do the right thing at the right time. To wake up at any time you wish, sleep any time, receive visitors and talk to friends at will, is not the path to success.

Direction plus instruction is what equals distinction. Instructions are the highways of distinction.

Deuteronomy 32:9-14 tells us that God’s instructions were what caused Jacob to suck honey out of the rock and oil out of the flinty rock.

You don’t walk in inspirations alone and end up successful. To be a success, you must walk in instructions also.

God made Jacob to ride upon the high places of the earth by instruction, not by inspiration. Until you do what you are expected to do, God will never do a thing in your direction.

Every act of God is initiated by man through compliance with His instructions.

I am so particular about keeping records because I have found out from God’s Word that until you are faithful at one level, you will never get to the next level.

I’m very disciplined in my spending because I know that if I’m a waster of resources, I’m not entitled to His plenty.

I found out from God’s Word that borrowing is not allowed. I also understood that whenever I borrow, I’m simply saying to God, "You are too slow."

I then told myself that if I ever borrow to eat, then I must be eating beyond my size, because His Word says His children will not beg bread.

These are all instructions. You may decide either to comply with them or not to.

Whatever God tells you to do, do it. That is the secret of success, because when He commands it, you will never struggle to get results.

When you act on His instructions, you commit Him to act on your behalf. He can never deny Himself.

The success we enjoy in ministry today is purely by acting on His instructions.

He showed me the meaning of hardwork, that it guarantees high life; so I submitted myself to it.

He also taught me the place of discipline (that is bringing yourself under necessity) in order to accomplish your given task.

They don’t have to be convenient; just as long as they are commanded, you comply with them.

When we had our second son, we needed money to entertain guests at the naming ceremony, but didn’t have it then.

I knew that if I wasn’t faithful with the little I had, it would never become much.

So, rather than dip my hand into His money (church money) to name my child, we served our guests snacks at the naming ceremony, rather than food.

Listen, do you want to get to the highest place in life? Then, diligently hearken to the voice of His Word, observe to do what He commands; then will He set you above all nations of the earth! (Deut. 28:1.)

But you haven’t done what He said you should do and you are crying. What do you want Him to do? To break Scriptures? No, He won’t!

You can’t be the kind of person I am to my wife and not have your wife submit to you. Neither can a woman be to her husband what my wife is to me and not have peace in her home.

Why? We are both under instructions. God’s instructions are the highways to distinction.

Stop roaming about looking for who will help you. Do what God has asked you to do! His commandments are not grievous, they are only meant to groom you.

Do you want to be free from shame? Study! (2 Tim. 2:15.) Study, give yourself to light. Seek after light, make it brighter by the day and you will never see shame.

Everything in the kingdom works by instructions. "He led him about He instructed him as an eagle" (Deut 32:10).

The man who will succeed must enjoy instructions and give himself wholeheartedly to obeying them.

May God help you to value His instructions and grant you the grace to comply with them excitedly.

Instructions enhance your confidence, causing you to face life with absolute covenant confidence.

May God help you to locate the instructions relevant to each area of your life.

David Oyedepo

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Discipline by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
review

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Killers Of Pastor Accused Of Witchcraft / Straight From The Heart / Traditions Are Great (isese Dara Pupo) Ifa Spirituality Says So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.