Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant (37469 Views)

Fallout Of Reps Poll: Saraki May Move Against Kwara Gov / Saraki May Emerge PDP Kwara Central Senatorial Candidate – Shittu / 2019: Tambuwal Feels Disappointed Saraki May Join Race After Promis.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Switruth: 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't believe this news.

Saraki is many things. But being dumb is not among them. He stands to gain nothing politically if he goes through this dark tunnel.

Doing this, is tantamount to committing a political seppuku.
I’m beginning to believe you in some sorts. Reasonably true.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
adekanmbi1986:
The reason for that is because their letters hasn't been read on the floor of the Senate before defecting to other parties. Saraki is right if he declare their seats vacant.
I want you to be a little unbiased as I ask this question: did saraki read his own defection letter to the house? because from recent activities of the senate he only read that of the other 14 senators of which he wasn't a part before they went on recession. And who read his letter if he ever did?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Yinxies(f): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
I can design a functional website for your business in 3days for just 25k.

Logo+letterhead+business card = N5,000 only

Check my signature
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
wese90:

what do you do offline, you have so much time here...

Sarkki is a FULLTIME BMC on N30k per month. While Yusuf Buhari is a FULLTIME homeboy on N10m monthly allowance. Talk of baboon "zoneB" dey work and monkey dey wack.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by sekem: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Alen4smit:
so saraki is now the Hero of democracy?what an irony.

That will surely show you how most useless and wasted youths often reason at times shocked
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Dinho20(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
MARK MY WORDS"
BUHARI WILL NOT CONTEST FOR 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
HE WILL FIELD ANOTHER CANDIDATE THAT WILL REPRESENT HIM. AND THAT CANDIDATE WILL LOSE TO THE CANDIDATE OF PDP.
MARK THIS WORD, PUT IT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR CALENDER"
IT WILL COME TO PASS.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by wese90(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Amitez:

Sarkki is a FULLTIME BMC on N30k per month. While Yusuf Buhari is a FULLTIME homeboy on N10m monthly allowance. Talk of baboon "zoneB" dey work and monkey dey wack.

Nawa ooo
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Ripama: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Only in Nigeria will the thieves be regrouping to loot again and the youths whose future will be stolen will be celebrating it. Prof. Wole

Dumbest youths
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Alva2018: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
Let us wait and see what happens

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Babacele: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
Saraki won't even dare think about it...
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Jorussia(m): 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Amitez:
The only reason for defection thst is constitutionally backed is when the party is fractionalised. APC right now have two factions, APC and rAPC and these factions are in court. So, defecting from APC is backed by the Nigeria constitution. This is different in PDP. There are no factions, so any defector automatically loses his or her seat. This is the law and Constitution.
Argue with your ancestors if you like.
can you tell me where the faction of APC was created?
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jorussia:
The same Constitution also spells out how a faction can be formed.By law,there is no faction in APC,as those parading themselves as R-APC neither bought forms nor participated in the APC convention as candidates.I personally,dont believe this news.
Sorry bro. rAPC are in court challenging Oshomole's leadership. Do you disagree with that? Buba Galadima is the rAPC chairman with several leadership structure. Even if they attended the APC convention, they were there as rAPC members of APC. Peradventure rAPC wins the court case, Oshomole ceases to be chairman just like Sherriff case with PDP. Again, who told you that nPDP did not attend PDP convention? They were there but only left midway to form nPDP. Please google is your classmate! These guys are not naive as you think. Saraki is following the law and constitution by not announcing them as defectors from PDP to APC. Hope you recall when Dino Milaye jumped the gun to go and sit in PDP corner, he was quickly cautioned because APC had no faction then.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by desgiezd(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
docadams:
Hmmm

Saraki makes me to remember IBB, aka Maradona'. IBB saw and had it all. But he ended up loosing it all because of blinded selfishness.

As IBB was dribbling and people were hailing him, he got so carried away till he dribbled himself into oblivion!
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jorussia:
can you tell me where the faction of APC was created?
Please sir check these links

http://punchng.com/r-apc-meets-today-decides-next-moves/
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Jorussia(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
Amitez:

Please sir check these links

http://punchng.com/r-apc-meets-today-decides-next-moves/
I am asking you where it was created.You think some group of persons who neither both forms nor participated in the APC convention,but chose to announce a group not known to law after several weeks of convention can be said to be a faction? Anyway i don't have time for arguments,lets allow the courts decide.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by NickD(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
I swear saraki and his followers are members of jester club

Can you imagine this criminal with this kind of audacity

Saraki your time is up

You posted a fake news just to whip up sympathy we know where your loyalty lies. Saraki is not dumb.

1 Like

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by NickD(m): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't believe this news.

Saraki is many things. But being dumb is not among them. He stands to gain nothing politically if he goes through this dark tunnel.

Doing this, is tantamount to committing a political seppuku.
Just look at the person who posted the news.... it's the master propangadist on nairaland himself. Saraki would do no such thing when he also defected. The poster is a worker of the BMC. You'll never see him on a thread castigating the APC only one that sounds like music to their ears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Charly68: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yeye dey smell
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by maxzzo1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
Definitely those seats must be declared vacant becos their is no division in PDP....
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yinxies:
I can design a functional website for your business in 3days for just 25k.

Logo+letterhead+business card = N5,000 only

Check my signature

You are a Guy, I guess.

Ladies don't do this Shiii undecided
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by maxzzo1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Splashme:
Unlike R-APC headed by Buba Galaduma and APC headed by Oshiomhole, the PDP does not have a faction. It is one united body under the able leadership of Prince Uche Secundus alias TOTAL CHAIRMAN.

Now, the only condition allowed by our constitution to warrant defection is when a party is fictionalised.

SUMMARY: Saraki is right to declare their seats vacant
Tell APC e-ratz like sarki and his cohorts....
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by olusola200: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
To me saraki is dead politically ,his burial coming up after the general election

2 Likes

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by NairaMaster1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
docadams:
Hmmm

Saraki makes me to remember IBB, aka Maradona'. IBB saw and had it all. But he ended up loosing it all because of blinded selfishness.

What did he loss? OK, I now know. He's not in APC.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by duality(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jorussia:
The same Constitution also spells out how a faction can be formed.By law,there is no faction in APC,as those parading themselves as R-APC neither bought forms nor participated in the APC convention as candidates.I personally,dont believe this news.

State the portion of the constitution you are referring to.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Akabuking: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
I swear saraki and his followers are members of jester club

Can you imagine this criminal with this kind of audacity

Saraki your time is up

go to school you no gree. see as this fake news put you for gear one.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by sehin79(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
I wouldn’t be surprise if he does,is role model is babangida now,but I doubt if he as the balls too tho.
Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by Akabuking: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
my choice come 2019. if you insult me, thunder dey go fire you dey do puss-up.

Re: Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant by yinnyme(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
sarrki:
The nation may witness yet another showdown in the Senate as the senators cut short their vacation to discuss President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2019 polls budget request.

Apart from the fact that constant fierce arguments between members of the All Progressives Congress and the opposition Peoples Democratic Congress will be a regular occurrence, SUNDAY PUNCH investigations have revealed that a major step to send some senators back home would cause a major uproar in the red chamber.

A source, who is very close to the leadership of the Senate, confided in one of our correspondents on Friday that arrangements were being perfected to ensure that the former senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio, and others who defected recently from the PDP to the APC and other parties recently face a recall process.

The source hinted that the move against the defectors started just before the Senate went on recess, with the refusal of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, to read the letter of defection submitted to him by Akpabio.

No fewer than four senators have dumped the PDP but their defections have not been declared on the floor of the Senate. While three of them left the PDP for the APC, one of them left for the All Progressives Grand Alliance.

For instance, senators Hope Uzodinma (Imo State) and Fatimah Raji-Rasaki (Ekiti State), formerly of the PDP, have been attending APC meetings and events within and outside the

https://punchng.com/saraki-may-declare-akpabio-other-pdp-defectors-seats-vacant/

I don't give a damn in GEJ voice. But if this could lay a precedence for political prostitution no wahala.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abiy Ahmed Drives Buhari On Arrival In Addis Ababa / Warehouse Looting: Hungry People Can't Remove Doors, Windows - Mariya Mahmoud / Peter Obi Holds Close Door Meeting With All PDP Chairmen (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.