Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It (6837 Views)

NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics) / Mysterious High-frequency Waves Swirling On The Sun ( Pics) / NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by playboy19(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2018
ajl:

Do not be fooled. If I tell you the number of homeless people on the streets of US cities, you would be alarmed. On the road, under bridge and even close to city centers. Both black and white, but more African Americans. Each time I see an homeless man on the street begging for money I wonder how on earth a country could be giving out billions in aid, spend hundreds of billions on military, and space program but can't afford to take care of all it's people.

Well, I used to have the same line of thought like you, until I realized that without good security and those wars putting off enemies, the homeless won't even have the bridges to sleep under. We'd all be at war. Well, unless you want us all to just crash in this damn country together.
Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by MrGoogle88: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2018
The white man has touched the sun while we're still battling with village people in this stupid country of ignorant superstitious morons.

1 Like

Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by Edonojie007(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2018
ajl:

Do not be fooled. If I tell you the number of homeless people on the streets of US cities, you would be alarmed. On the road, under bridge and even close to city centers. Both black and white, but more African Americans. Each time I see an homeless man on the street begging for money I wonder how on earth a country could be giving out billions in aid, spend hundreds of billions on military, and space program but can't afford to take care of all it's people.
You Dont Mean This!!
OH....The Spirit Of Creation,bless Me With Thy Wisdom And Creativity.
Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by JackieP: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
ajl:

The US govt spends billions taking care of their citizens and permanent residents through the SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, Medicare, Housing, disability, unemployment benefits etc for those who qualify. I was in the medical transportation business. The government even paid us through insurance company to get people who cannot drive to the hospitals and pharmacies. All they have to do is sign that we took them so we can get paid.
Most people are on disability and they get money from the govt monthly to take care of themselves. People who are not able to find jobs get unemployment benefits. Even people that have special needs are in homes that the govt pay for and even pay for all their needs as long as there are invoices that cover what is needed. Here in Texas, there are many Nigerians that have homes that care for special need patients and the govt pay them monthly making the owners rich. What more can a govt do for it's people?
Yes there are homeless people but most of them do not qualify for these benefits due to one reason or the other. Most them them abuse drugs and even refuse to go to the homeless shelters provided. It's up to people to be responsible and take advantage of their society instead of choosing to be in lack in the midst of plenty.

1 Like

Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by michresakidjo(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
48noble:
7years in space...and we are here dragging bad roads and erosions.
the best road in Nigeria can't even last 6 months. grin
Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by iamjustified(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
Na only Dailysun newspaper our NASS dey lunch for Nigeria.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by ajl: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
playboy19:

Well, I used to have the same line of thought like you, until I realized that without good security and those wars putting off enemies, the homeless won't even have the bridges to sleep under. We'd all be at war. Well, unless you want us all to just crash in this damn country together.

I don't I agree with that line of thought. We know the benefits of certain government programs, and those can be regarded as essential. The mentality in the US is different and because of the violent gun culture war is seen as essential to their existence. If one does not come, they will create it because some industries rely on these in order to continue to exist. Ordinary health insurance, these people in government do not want to provide for the masses. Poverty in America is real and crude. Unlike in Nigeria, it's every man for himself and don't count on some family members or friend. And worst of all some of the homeless may have a criminal record which limits their chances of securing employment. For these people, life on the street may be the only option to survive.
Re: NASA Launches N541b Parker Solar Probe Into The Sun's Atmosphere To Study It by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2018
May God Help Our Country Nigeria To Push Towards Achieving This Same Feat.

Please check signature in blue below and get in touch to enjoy our Free Real Estate/Property Consulting services!!!

DonroxyII:
Oh God, if America is doing this through NASA .... A technology exploring the sun
Here in Nigeria, we can't even afford political stability nor even imitate a technology that can re-explore the moon .... Africa Oh Africa, Sub Sahara Africa oh Black Continent .... Will we ever rise as a continent like this

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Syphon Shield V3.1.3 Handlerui For Magic IP ( Fast Connection) / How To Use Nairabet Computer/pc Version On Mobile Phone / Solar Installation For Your Home And Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.