Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord (5531 Views)

I Need A Toyota Camry 2006 Or 2007 For Urgent Purchase. / 2007 Mercedes Benz C 280 Or 2007 Rav4 Or ML 350 / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by Piyke: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oga weda we like it or not, the Toyota can tolerate abuse more than any other vehicle......

y is it that the shocks of Toyota are crap but the oem ball joint of the Honda is perfect abi..... SMH.

what of the transmission and PS that will just die when u try to manage any other oil?

haba let's be civil abeg

This is one of the major problems in Nigeria, car owners/mechanic using non-recomended fluids/parts. This is something I don't joke with. In fact when I buy toks parts I MUST go with the broken one pulled from the vehicle. It must be an exact match. Just because something fits doesn't mean it's what should be there. There a plane that crashed because, one maintenance engineer eye-balled the bolt size he was to replace.

Why is it that we all rush for Toks vehicle instead of naija-used? It's all this abuse that messes up a car whether Toyota or Honda.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by thebigkendo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oga weda we like it or not, the Toyota can tolerate abuse more than any other vehicle......

y is it that the shocks of Toyota are crap but the oem ball joint of the Honda is perfect abi..... SMH.

what of the transmission and PS that will just die when u try to manage any other oil?

haba let's be civil abeg

Bros you are taking ish personal

You dey talk as if nobody dey change Toyota PS or transmission system.

OP asked for advice & Inception gave his own opinion.

Because you abuse your car doesn't mean others do? Or somebody buying a car is planing to abuse his.

I know people driving volvo, VW, BMW & Benz for years without any major problem, cars which we all claim can't tolerate kazeem abuse.. So such people should have bought bland boring Toyotas because it can tolerate abuse? while missing out on driving great machines which might probably never be abused.

6 Likes

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bros you are taking ish personal

You dey talk as if nobody dey change Toyota PS or transmission system.

OP asked for advice & Inception gave his own opinion.

Because you abuse your car doesn't mean others do? Or somebody buying a car is planing to abuse his.

I know people driving volvo, VW, BMW & Benz for years without any major problem, cars which we all claim can't tolerate kazeem abuse.. So such people should have bought bland boring Toyotas because it can tolerate abuse? while missing out on driving great machines which might probably never be abused.

OK oh

op u can go ahead and not abuse ur Honda if u buy.

Honda oem ball joint na baba, Toyota oem strut na nothing.

issorite

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
Piyke:

This is one of the major problems in Nigeria, car owners/mechanic using non-recomended fluids/parts. This is something I don't joke with. In fact when I buy toks parts I MUST go with the broken one pulled from the vehicle. It must be an exact match. Just because something fits doesn't mean it's what should be there. There a plane that crashed because, one maintenance engineer eye-balled the bolt size he was to replace.

Why is it that we all rush for Toks vehicle instead of naija-used? It's all this abuse that messes up a car whether Toyota or Honda.

u see, when people like u argue..... it motivates me because u have something to offer.

I brought out the abuse part cos of the sentimental non-objective argument someone posed.

I personally will not advise anyone to not to carry out due and valid service/maintenance.
this is the ideal system but in reality.... idealism is only but a never ending journey.....

how many people asking for advise can comfortably maintain those cars? many peeps here save money from monthly salary..... valid maintenance is key and economical on the long term but people tend to love the short term mirage of compromise..... it's a natural thing.... that's y people would rather use shortcut than the normal longer route...... esp Nigerians....

it is very very important to point out these aspects when proffering advise.....

PS if y'all cannot cope with timely and valid maintenance..... stay off the Honda

not everyone has enough money to buy a car and maintain it properly like "Most" of us here(even tho it's all in the typing.... real life.... all na jege... na dem even manage pass)

hooooo haaaaaaa
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by elshanAutos: 1:02am On Aug 15, 2018
Kaydeexotic:
Thanks a lot for the pieces of advice. I'm very grateful... I forgot to also state that the Camry is a 4 cylinder car while the accord is V6
Get that Honda, without any further hesitation.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by elshanAutos: 1:12am On Aug 15, 2018
Pipedreams:
Pick the Accord if you don't mind if your ball joints pulls off on top speed or when you wanna hola a babe grin
Pipedreams:

Take the Camry na! Honda v6 are very thirsty o. I know Honda beats Camry in styling and swag but the Camry is a better car
The ball joint bla bla doesn’t happen on top speed. I’ve seen it happen once so I should know.
Honda V6 powerplants arent thirsty (MPG is at par for both models)
BUT
I guess you would rather spew forth uneducated & uninformed views. I put it to you, that you operate based on hear say only, and not facts.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by elshanAutos: 1:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Kaydeexotic:
Fellow nairalanders. I'm stuck between these two cars. Toyota Camry and honda accord. People are claiming the Camry is more reliable and has higher resale value and easily maintainable. I'm more in love with the Honda accord as I'm used to honda products already. Please I need good pieces of advice.

Cc gazzuzz honmusa mayor2013 diportivo inception bishopawe Siena
Take a test drive in both models, similar spec. If you’re performance biased, you’ll surely go home with the Honda.

There’s no big deal to maintaining the Honda, or any other car for that matter. A lot of things are said about Honda this and that, but I have personally used 5 Honda accords, (2003-2007),from autos to i4 manual to v6 manual (still run the 2010 v6 manual coupe) and I have no idea what a lot of folk here are talking about grin

I simply carry out my routine & preventive maintenance, and drive my motor. I have never had, and will never have any funny issues, it’s not rocket science-it’s a piece of moving metal, devoid of sentiments, so what you put in is what you’ll get out. Cheers!

10 Likes

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by elshanAutos: 1:28am On Aug 15, 2018
Really sad that people actually factor in “which car can take more abuse” bla bla when trying to advise someone on a car.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by Kaydeexotic(m): 3:40am On Aug 15, 2018
I've finally decided to settle for the Honda accord... I've taken a test drive in both cars but I actually felt more of life in the Honda than the Toyota. I pledge to keep true to routine maintenance.. so help me God grin grin

Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions at one point or the other.. God bless you all kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by radautoworks: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2018
I never imagined being a Honda user especially after having worked for Toyota for a couple of years HOWEVER... I was talked into it after being dissatisfied with Mercedes and bought an Acura RDX in 2010, loved it so much, bought a new one in 2013.
Ready again for a new vehicle and guess what's leading the pack?

Oh, and in the three years my Acura has been in Nigeria, it's only needed 4 new tires and recently code went off for catalytic converter.

Say what you will but it boils down to personal preference for me between both brands.

3 Likes

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by radautoworks: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u see, when people like u argue..... it motivates me because u have something to offer.

I brought out the abuse part cos of the sentimental non-objective argument someone posed.

I personally will not advise anyone to not to carry out due and valid service/maintenance.
this is the ideal system but in reality.... idealism is only but a never ending journey.....

how many people asking for advise can comfortably maintain those cars? many peeps here save money from monthly salary..... valid maintenance is key and economical on the long term but people tend to love the short term mirage of compromise..... it's a natural thing.... that's y people would rather use shortcut than the normal longer route...... esp Nigerians....

it is very very important to point out these aspects when proffering advise.....

PS if y'all cannot cope with timely and valid maintenance..... stay off the Honda

not everyone has enough money to buy a car and maintain it properly like "Most" of us here(even tho it's all in the typing.... real life.... all na jege... na dem even manage pass)

hooooo haaaaaaa

Then they shouldn't be buying a car it soon lower like I talked about in my TCO thread. Just like you should not marry wife if you can't maintain her properly grin
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by Inception(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2018
radautoworks:
I never imagined being a Honda user especially after having worked for Toyota for a couple of years HOWEVER... I was talked into it after being dissatisfied with Mercedes and bought an Acura RDX in 2010, loved it so much, bought a new one in 2013.
Ready again for a new vehicle and guess what's leading the pack?

Oh, and in the three years my Acura has been in Nigeria, it's only needed 4 new tires and recently code went off for catalytic converter.

Say what you will but it boils down to personal preference for me between both brands.

This is Nigeria, Every fuel stinking now grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by Kaydeexotic(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2018
That's how one Benz bullied my new accord on the highway yesterday. I wanted to cry...but I'll bully other people too later.. cry cry grin grin

Nurey let's race na grin grin
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by radautoworks: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2018
Inception:

Dangote needs to hurry up!
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2018
radautoworks:

Then they shouldn't be buying a car it soon lower like I talked about in my TCO thread. Just like you should not marry wife if you can't maintain her properly grin

they shouldn't na, but they will..... the ideal is still work in progress!!!

lolz @ wifey...... so is giving birth.... but the world today........ hmmmmph do we kill them? no!

we will find a way to manage them..... hence the kazeems for car owners..... unfortunately or in this case.... fortunately...... they will still be thriving!!!

how far the baby? is rightautoway coming to pay homage to the newborn prince?
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2018
elshanAutos:

Take a test drive in both models, similar spec. If you’re performance biased, you’ll surely go home with the Honda.

There’s no big deal to maintaining the Honda, or any other car for that matter. A lot of things are said about Honda this and that, but I have personally used 5 Honda accords, (2003-2007),from autos to i4 manual to v6 manual (still run the 2010 v6 manual coupe) and I have no idea what a lot of folk here are talking about grin

I simply carry out my routine & preventive maintenance, and drive my motor. I have never had, and will never have any funny issues, it’s not rocket science-it’s a piece of moving metal, devoid of sentiments, so what you put in is what you’ll get out. Cheers!

and I have used 3.

grin

1 Like

Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by radautoworks: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

they shouldn't na, but they will..... the ideal is still work in progress!!!

lolz @ wifey...... so is giving birth.... but the world today........ hmmmmph do we kill them? no!

we will find a way to manage them..... hence the kazeems for car owners..... unfortunately or in this case.... fortunately...... they will still be thriving!!!

how far the baby? is rightautoway coming to pay homage to the newborn prince?

Sad but true. I don't begrudge any man putting bread on the table but not at other's expense.

Okay, except maybe RightWayauto. Leave that one too one side. When princess is born it's kings and queens I want her to meet first. Then when she is older she will be exiled to the peasants to learn survival heh heh
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2018
Inception:

we for kukuma change Nigeria too na. grin

no vex bro, just that I find it awkward when people talk about the strut(both oem and aftermarket) part of the Toyota and praise the oem ball joint of the Honda.....

all in all, u dey try wella sha.....

PS...... I will still use a Honda... yes I will..... but I will also not hesitate to speak the truth..... Honda doesn't tolerate abuse......

and yes I will always include it in my recommendations...... abuse and poor maintenance vehicles.....

heck even international pros do it.... why shouldn't I.... an aspiring learner like me........
Re: 2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord by princejones(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
It all ball down to maintenance as l have used two Honda accord,Honda legend and two Toyota corolla and l know the difference. I have most experience any bolt joint pull not even for once in any of the Honda and you can beat it comfortability.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better / Whose Duty Is It To Check Vehicle Papers??? / Road Accident Data In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.